Senior Bowl

SJUgopher

Reaction score
I haven’t seen much posted about the Gophers down there, anyone else? I just saw a blurb about Coughlin’s measurements.

I have seen a bunch about my guy Bartch, who is supposedly one of the top OTs so far. He may be the first kid from a MN school off the board which would be crazy.

Currently Bartch is projected to be a late round to UFA. Impressive for a D3 player. He might work his way into middle round (3-5) before draft weekend.

Maybe this has already been discussed, but any idea how they come up with these rosters? There is a PK from Georgia Southern on the North team and a CB from Georgia Southern on the South team. Guys from TCU, SMU, Baylor on the North team, and guys from Pittsburgh, State Penn, tOSU, Oregon on the South Team. Maybe pick guys like a lottery (all players are lumped into a total group). Or the coach from one team gets to pick a guy, then the other coach picks and back and forth, like playground rules?

Currently Bartch is projected to be a late round to UFA. Impressive for a D3 player. He might work his way into middle round (3-5) before draft weekend.
Mike Mayock said he will go day 2. Say lots of analysts say he was the best or 2nd best OT there in practice. If he shows big in today’s came, he’ll make himself lots of money.

Maybe this has already been discussed, but any idea how they come up with these rosters? There is a PK from Georgia Southern on the North team and a CB from Georgia Southern on the South team. Guys from TCU, SMU, Baylor on the North team, and guys from Pittsburgh, State Penn, tOSU, Oregon on the South Team. Maybe pick guys like a lottery (all players are lumped into a total group). Or the coach from one team gets to pick a guy, then the other coach picks and back and forth, like playground rules?
I believe they try to make up the rosters based on their location as much as possible but sometimes you have more players at a position in one region than the other. For example the two kickers in the senior bowl are from Georgia and Georgia Southern. They don't initially pick the players based on location. They find the best players at each position and then sort it out afterwards.

Carter didn't have great reviews playing DE in practices and only weighed in at 234, but he's been getting to the QB in the game. They seem to think a switch to 3-4 LB is a must. (Announcers, Senior Bowl practice reports)

Carter didn't have great reviews playing DE in practices and only weighed in at 234, but he's been getting to the QB in the game. They seem to think a switch to 3-4 LB is a must. (Announcers, Senior Bowl practice reports)
Based on personal experience, they best not suggest that here on GH.

I believe they try to make up the rosters based on their location as much as possible but sometimes you have more players at a position in one region than the other. For example the two kickers in the senior bowl are from Georgia and Georgia Southern. They don't initially pick the players based on location. They find the best players at each position and then sort it out afterwards.

Thanks. I sort of figured something like that, but didn't know if there was an actual system or to just get the best guys on the field however they can. This bowl is for these guys to get showcased in first place, so they need to do it whichever way possible.

Top Bottom