"Secret" scrimmage against Colorado State

well, I guess it isn't a secret anymore.

this is one I just don't get. if you want to have a private scrimmage or a closed scrimmage, fine. Just don't call it a secret scrimmage. because it's not secret.

how about a "media keep the f*ck out" scrimmage. I think that has a better ring to it.

In this case, there’s quite a bit of familiarity. Johnson, Thorson, Medved, Farokhmanesh, so guessing it will be run smoothly.

this is one I just don't get. if you want to have a private scrimmage or a closed scrimmage, fine. Just don't call it a secret scrimmage. because it's not secret.

how about a "media keep the f*ck out" scrimmage. I think that has a better ring to it.
Name checks out.

It seems like a golden opportunity for a "Donate $100 to the NIL fund for a secret link" opportunity. But the NCAA would probably love an opportunity to show they're still in charge of something.

Scrimmage is today, anybody know what time we can expect feed back on it.

Nothing on the official Mens Basketball Twitter thread.

Secret Scrimmages

BIG TEN
Illinois
– Oct. 22 vs. Kansas in St. Louis
Indiana – None
Iowa – Oct. 22 vs. Kansas City
Maryland – Oct. 22 at Virginia; Oct. 29 at Villanova
Michigan – TBD at Florida State
Michigan State – Oct. 23 at Tennessee
Minnesota – Oct. 22 vs. Colorado State
Nebraska – Oct. 30 at Colorado (charity exhibition)
Northwestern – Oct. 29 vs. Iowa State in Davenport, Iowa
Ohio State – Oct. 23 vs. Wake Forest at Concord University (West Va.)
Penn State – Oct. 23 vs. Rhode Island in Hackettstown, NJ; Oct. 30 vs. George Mason
Purdue – Oct. 29 vs. Cincinnati in Indianapolis
Rutgers – Oct. 22 at North Carolina; Oct. 30 vs. Fairfield (charity exhibition)
Wisconsin – Oct. 23 vs. UNI at University of Dubuque

Colorado State also has an Augsburg player on the roster this year. Joe Palmer of Faribault HS. MIAC player of the year last season.

Any News????
gophers lost by 4, if that matters

Battle did not play. Coach Johnson kept him out.

Garcia played less than half the scrimmage and was dominant. He nailed a lot of 3's and had a lot of rebounds.

Ben played mostly the freshman, to see what they had. They put up good offensive numbers, but maybe struggled some defensively.

Henley struggled.

Payne is a load and played great. He scored in double figures and only missed one shot.

This from a source on another site.

Last edited:

I like Ben’s approach as reported…and the result is perfect. Competitive but plenty of stuff to improve upon . Losing , they are more likely to listen better.

We are now 10 days away from the St Olaf
public opening first look at our Gophers team.

Henley struggling would be the one concerning note. from what I've heard from podcasts and other sources, Henley is expected to see a lot of playing time - maybe even be a starter.

we'll see how he looks in the early non-conference games.

We are now 10 days away from the St Olaf
public opening first look at our Gophers team.
And only 15 days from the first game.

All these new guys who are freshman, and Garcia.......damn, I can't wait.

I'd pay good money to glean the boxscore! Hopefully, we will hear some more commentary on the scrimmage this week.

And only 15 days from the first game.

All these new guys who are freshman, and Garcia.......damn, I can't wait.
Cooper and Samuels are going to be important to this team and probably starters.

@kg21 looks like the go to guy for all your in-depth news.

Henley struggling would be the one concerning note. from what I've heard from podcasts and other sources, Henley is expected to see a lot of playing time - maybe even be a starter.

we'll see how he looks in the early non-conference games.

I've been saying it for a few months, but if Henley and Samuels are playing big minutes and/or starting at the 2, we are in a lot of trouble at the guard position.

Top Bottom