SEC vs B1G in the Bowl Games

Full Speed Ahead

Reaction score
Lots of head-to-head games. I like our chances. Looking forward to a bunch of B1G wins!!!
  • Cotton Bowl No. 7 Ohio State vs. No. 9 Missouri
  • Peach Bowl No. 10 Penn State vs. No. 11 Ole Miss
  • Music City Bowl Auburn vs. Maryland
  • ReliaQuest Bowl No. 13 LSU vs. Wisconsin
  • Citrus Bowl No. 17 Iowa vs. No. 21 Tennessee
  • Rose Bowl No. 1 Michigan vs. No. 4 Alabama
  • plus the Sugar Bowl No. 2 Washington vs. No. 3 Texas
-- B1G Wins. Second place starts with SEC.

No. 7 Ohio State vs. No. 9 Missouri
No. 10 Penn State vs. No. 11 Ole Miss
Auburn vs. Maryland
No. 13 LSU
vs. Wisconsin
No. 17 Iowa vs. No. 21 Tennessee
No. 1 Michigan vs. No. 4 Alabama
No. 2 Washington
vs. No. 3 Texas

No. 7 Ohio State vs. No. 9 Missouri
No. 10 Penn State vs. No. 11 Ole Miss
Auburn vs. Maryland
No. 13 LSU
vs. Wisconsin
No. 17 Iowa vs. No. 21 Tennessee
No. 1 Michigan vs. No. 4 Alabama
No. 2 Washington
vs. No. 3 Texas
Agree...except Ole Miss over PSU (obviously, all picks depends on opt outs too)

Lots of head-to-head games. I like our chances. Looking forward to a bunch of B1G wins!!!
  • Cotton Bowl No. 7 Ohio State vs. No. 9 Missouri
  • Peach Bowl No. 10 Penn State vs. No. 11 Ole Miss
  • Music City Bowl Auburn vs. Maryland
  • ReliaQuest Bowl No. 13 LSU vs. Wisconsin
  • Citrus Bowl No. 17 Iowa vs. No. 21 Tennessee
  • Rose Bowl No. 1 Michigan vs. No. 4 Alabama
  • plus the Sugar Bowl No. 2 Washington vs. No. 3 Texas
-- B1G Wins. Second place starts with SEC.
And how’s our slate of games looking against the Mighty MAC?

tell me who is going to be available to play in these games.

Ohio State has 12 players in the portal including their starting QB. some of these teams are going to look like a Spring Game lineup. between portals, injuries and players opting out to get ready for the NFL draft, you will have games where even die-hard fans are going to be asking - "who the bleep is that" at some positions.

I know the argument that bowl games exist to provide programming, and lots of people watch them. but how long will people keep watching them if the talent is going to be watered-down to this extent?

I know the argument that bowl games exist to provide programming, and lots of people watch them. but how long will people keep watching them if the talent is going to be watered-down to this extent?
I understand your concern, but I think that the answer is that of most people who are watching now will keep watching. Truth be told, most people tuning in to watch a bowl game between the third-place Sun Belt team vs. the fifth-place team from the Mountain West couldn't name a single player for either squad and aren't going to know that either team is down their top three running backs or their first and second string QB until the announcers tell them. It comes down more to "do I want to watch a Hallmark Christmas movie or football?"

I understand your concern, but I think that the answer is that of most people who are watching now will keep watching. Truth be told, most people tuning in to watch a bowl game between the third-place Sun Belt team vs. the fifth-place team from the Mountain West couldn't name a single player for either squad and aren't going to know that either team is down their top three running backs or their first and second string QB until the announcers tell them. It comes down more to "do I want to watch a Hallmark Christmas movie or football?"

given that choice, I think I would opt for a 1950's monster movie on Tubi.

caught a good one the other night - "Monster on the Campus." a science teacher finds a way to reverse the evolutionary process and turns himself into a primitive man. mayhem ensues.

I’m bummed we have to wait until the 16th for bowl games.

Have to watch the Timberwolves in the meantime.

Most bowl games are in the south or southwest part of country. Gives a home field advantage to most SEC schools.

Top Bottom