Season Tix arrived via UPS

That was probably a stupid question. Since you are such an upstanding citizen, you'd obviously walk to the nearest food shelter and donate the $100.

Thanks for the advice, dad. I think there are worse things in life. If you found a $100 bill on the ground, would you just leave it there or would you pick it up? The wallet analogy above is stupid because these parking passes didn't belong to anyone.

I bet you're Mr. perfect in everything you do in life, right?

No, you just took a parking space away from someone else. As far as what I've heard, all the spaces are sold out in the ramp--so if they have to issue a reprint pass to someone else wo has paid for a space, there are more cars than spaces. Come on, think about it. Your $100 bill analogy is ridiculous.

FYI My 8 year old kid found two $20 on the athletic field, he turned it in at the office. After two weeks, the office called him and gave them back to him as a reward for a good deed.

Too bad the ramp never filled up... Did you ever hear news on that? Don't you think someone would've mentioned being shut out of a parking spot they paid for?

It's because it didn't happen.

I think you're fooling yourself if you think you found $100 lying on the street and you wouldn't pick it up...

Thanks for the advice, dad. I think there are worse things in life. If you found a $100 bill on the ground, would you just leave it there or would you pick it up? The wallet analogy above is stupid because these parking passes didn't belong to anyone.

I bet you're Mr. perfect in everything you do in life, right?

FWIW - just 2 weeks ago found $40 cash at a store. Gave it to the cashier. Not that I'm perfect but there are people that turn stuff in. My wife has left her wallet behind at stores or restaurants over the years and has never had anything stolen from it.

The parking passes seem like less of a big deal to keep, but extra tickets, I'd definitely return them or at least ask them if they wanted them back.

Anyway - back to Gopher football....

Yep - like I said originally, actual football tickets is a different story. I'd inform the ticket office or send them back.

And again, I said if you found money in the street, not a store or restaurant... Just trying to prove a point but whatever.

So far here in Sioux Falls I have not recieved my tickets, although I also have parking passes so here's to hoping for early next week. Anyone else in the area received their's yet?

I am in NW Baja Minnesota (about 50 minutes southeast of Sioux Falls) and have not received my season tickets yet either. Planning on calling tomorrow if I get a chance. What's the latest word on Gopher Fan Club forming in Sioux Falls?

Schnauzer and GopherRube are calling the ticket office mistakes "free stuff" and "freebies". I think it is more accurate to call them "ill-gotten gains". At the very least they are giving to the U with one hand and taking back with their other hand. Nice going, guys. You may think of yourselves as great fans and supporters of Gophers football but many of us have another way to describe both of you.

Yikes...way to paint Schnauzer as the bad guy here. As I recall from his previous explanations of the messed up scenario, he contacted the ticket office multiple times to rectify the problem and give back the extra tix. They failed to work with him to resolve it and he was left with the extra tickets as a result.

So yea, details matter when painting other posters as jerks.

I would have kept that stuff.

Methinks he doth protest too much...

Yikes...way to paint Schnauzer as the bad guy here. As I recall from his previous explanations of the messed up scenario, he contacted the ticket office multiple times to rectify the problem and give back the extra tix. They failed to work with him to resolve it and he was left with the extra tickets as a result.

So yea, details matter when painting other posters as jerks.

Read Schnauzer's post. He did not explain the situation like you did. But it doesn't change my opinion of what he did. There is no way someone in authority at the ticket office would have willingly accepted a Gopher's ticket holder getting and keeping extra tickets for free. That is a ridiculous suggestion. We all know many of the students who work for the U don't give sh*t how they perform their jobs. They are just there putting in their time and they really couldn't care less if the U gets short changed or not. Schnauzer knows this and he just didn't try hard enough to give them back.

Read Schnauzer's post. He did not explain the situation like you did. But it doesn't change my opinion of what he did. There is no way someone in authority at the ticket office would have willingly accepted a Gopher's ticket holder getting and keeping extra tickets for free. That is a ridiculous suggestion. We all know many of the students who work for the U don't give sh*t how they perform their jobs. They are just there putting in their time and they really couldn't care less if the U gets short changed or not. Schnauzer knows this and he just didn't try hard enough to give them back.
To be fair you're right and Schnauzer didn't put all the details in the current thread. I'm referencing details he has shared several times previously during his long time on this board. That said, the random ineptitude of the TO is well known to many on this board. Just because you've been lucky enough to escape it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And it's not his job to fix their mistakes. If you make a good faith effort to deal with the problem and get blown off then what are you supposed to do? Waste your own free time on it? Seriously? Plus, as I recall the extra ticket fiasco took place while the Gophers were at the Dome. And as I recall, the waiting list for tickets back then was years long. So yea, he's such a jerk for screwing other fans who stood no shot at making it to a game in the Dome. /sarcasm

Mine arrived Friday. No email with tracking number was received.

Mine arrived some time last week (I was out of town so my neighbor was kind enough to get them and deliver them to me unharmed). But I also did not receive a tracking #. FWIW, I also have parking passes.

I live 10 miles from campus and I still don't have mine.

Got mine (with season parking pass) in south metro. Never got an email with a tracking number. It's really amazing how god-awful the ticket office is. I guess I should just be happy I have them.

In Mankato and still waiting for tix - never received the email with tracking either. Hopefully tomorrow!

Schnauzer and GopherRube are calling the ticket office mistakes "free stuff" and "freebies". I think it is more accurate to call them "ill-gotten gains". At the very least they are giving to the U with one hand and taking back with their other hand. Nice going, guys. You may think of yourselves as great fans and supporters of Gophers football but many of us have another way to describe both of you.

WOW. I just saw this now. Before spewing stuff like this, perhaps you'd like to hear the WHOLE story? In fact, I have commented on my ticket fiasco multiple times over the past couple years (feel free to review my posting history), but I wouldn't expect you to have read the earlier accounts or remember them if you had.

As a matter of fact, in 2008 the ticket office had screwed up my seat assignments so badly (had put me in seats that they said they fixed for me) that I had to call numerous times to try to straighten the situation out. I kept getting told one thing, but then the exact opposite thing would happen. Then, in the middle of the whole situation I got mailed BOTH sets of tickets... the ones I was originally supposed to get, plus the ones they had incorrectly stuck me with. This was at the tail end of multiple conversations with multiple work-study kids that could care less. I made yet another call to the ticket office and said the screw ups were absolutely comical and I really needed to talk to a manager (and explained I had now been mailed two sets of tickets). For the first time in my life, I was told "NO" when asking to talk to a manager. I still use this story as an example in a customer service class I occasionally teach. I was told I couldn't talk to a manager, because they were all "too busy". I asked them to repeat what they were saying... I really had no option to talk to a manager to convey my displeasure and correct the ticket mistake? Confirmed. As a bone thrown in my direction, I was told a manager would call me back. That was the summer of 2008. I'm still waiting for that call.

So... explain again how badly I am taking advantage of the system and taking people's wallets?

GoAUpher, You have a great memory. The fact you remembered all of that from the bygone posts that I had made from time to time on the subject is amazing... right down to the dome part. In fairness to the rip on me, I wouldn't expect anyone to have a memory like yours. If I had known there was a attack in the making, I would have taken the trouble to dredge up the story again in my first post in this thread.

Ha ha...thank you sir. It is probably the single most ridiculous TO story I've yet heard so it just sort of stuck. :)

For the fun of it, I just tried to do a search to find some of those posts but I failed. Not sure if it is my lack of technical ability, or if the history beyond the last couple months is archived somewhere else, or what. I actually wanted to look it up now because my memory is starting to fade on the exact details now that it has been a few years.

Got mine today. Found out that Jax Cafe is on the Nations Plaza.

Still no tracking, still no tickets.

I would have scalped the season tickets and donated the money to the U. Or at least the tailgating fund. :)

I am in NW Baja Minnesota (about 50 minutes southeast of Sioux Falls) and have not received my season tickets yet either. Planning on calling tomorrow if I get a chance. What's the latest word on Gopher Fan Club forming in Sioux Falls?

Alot of good news. I will update or start a new a thread very soon with all of the details. Beal distributing and Budweiser have signed on to help our club out with signage and advertising. There could be commercials advertising the club coming out soon as well. I am doing everything I can to spread the word. It would be great to have you up on the 3rd!

Mine came today. Four together in sec 139. This will be the first year I have been able to get all four tickets together. Tailgating is in lot 37 so all is good.

My tickets arrived sometime over the weekend. I was at the cabin. The tickets were left on the front steps and were destroyed by the rain. I slowly tried to peel them apart and were reduced to scraps.

Called the U on Monday to let them know - tickets will be reprinted and reshipped.

:cool02::cool02:

Still haven't gotten mine yet...starting to get the shakes

Top Bottom