Season Ticket Renewal Time: What's My Password?

skoalvikings

Reaction score
It's that time of year again--football season ticket renewal! Time to dig through old emails, rummage through old post-it notes, examine scribble on business cards and napkins, etc. in an attempt to remember my ultra-safe constantly re-issued gophersports.com password. It's really nice to know that our Athletic Department values my online security to this ridiculous degree.

It's that time of year again--football season ticket renewal! Time to dig through old emails, rummage through old post-it notes, examine scribble on business cards and napkins, etc. in an attempt to remember my ultra-safe constantly re-issued gophersports.com password. It's really nice to know that our Athletic Department values my online security to this ridiculous degree.

Isn't this the truth!?!? Man, my bank, mortgage company, credit card issuers, insurance companies, et al could truly learn something from a system which has asked me to reset my password at least 15 times. For God's sake--there are only so many combos for "password":

Password
Pa55word
Passw0rd
Pa5sw0rd!

I have uppers and I switched seats last year from 17th row to 10th row 2 sections over. Had major problems with people standing and want to move my seats again, had no problems where I was the year before. My ? is are there more issues with standing fans the lower you are in the section, like I said we had no issues being 17 rows up 2 sections over. Thinking about moving up higher to avoid it if I can.

I reset my password today when I logged in (yes, because I couldn't remember or find it anymore). It looks like they've relaxed the password requirements now, at least as far as having numbers, special characters, etc.

Background: The U's central technology office and especially IT auditors advocate VERY high password security standards. However, I've discussed this with a couple people and posed the question: What's the risk of someone hacking into my gophersports.com account? Are they going to buy tickets on my account and either have them shipped to me or at least reward me with Gopher Points? In the grand scheme of things the U does (student records/grades, medical research, etc.) , this is a fairly low risk IT activity and should be treated as such. I'm glad it appears we're moving in that direction.

I reset my password today when I logged in (yes, because I couldn't remember or find it anymore). It looks like they've relaxed the password requirements now, at least as far as having numbers, special characters, etc.

Background: The U's central technology office and especially IT auditors advocate VERY high password security standards. However, I've discussed this with a couple people and posed the question: What's the risk of someone hacking into my gophersports.com account? Are they going to buy tickets on my account and either have them shipped to me or at least reward me with Gopher Points? In the grand scheme of things the U does (student records/grades, medical research, etc.) , this is a fairly low risk IT activity and should be treated as such. I'm glad it appears we're moving in that direction.

I noticed that too--when I did the annual reset this afternoon, the requirements weren't as severe. It seems odd that the most secure password system at the U is the ticket office. Everything else (email, student records, financial records, etc.) seems lax by comparison.

Top Bottom