Season Preview

Of course they might want to mention Eric Curry.

Good write up...looking forward to the season starting. It will be interesting to see what home court advantage looks like during the conference schedule. The gophers suuuuuuuuck away from home. Hopefully less or no fans will help them steal some games...on the flip side they could lose some at home they normally wouldn't.

The writer is really high on Both Gach.

But, as nitra noted, Eric Curry could be very key to the season. If he can give them consistent minutes as the backup at C and PF, that really improves the front-line depth, and allows Pitino to bring along the younger kids more gradually.

Honestly, I don't care if Curry scores a point. Just play defense and rebound and provide some type of presence in the paint.

The writer is really high on Both Gach.

But, as nitra noted, Eric Curry could be very key to the season. If he can give them consistent minutes as the backup at C and PF, that really improves the front-line depth, and allows Pitino to bring along the younger kids more gradually.

Honestly, I don't care if Curry scores a point. Just play defense and rebound and provide some type of presence in the paint.
Curry would have to be in soooooo much better shape to contribute than he did last time he stepped on the court. He looked so slow with 0 explosiveness. that could totally be due to rushing him back though.

Huh, I didnt realize carr was top ten nationally in assists. Also, I see Ihnen as more of a 3 than a 4. Although nice that he can do both.

Last edited:

Curry would have to be in soooooo much better shape to contribute than he did last time he stepped on the court. He looked so slow with 0 explosiveness. that could totally be due to rushing him back though.
I’ll take slow and unexplosive out of my backup pf/c if he can be in position on defense and pass from the high post. I want my backups to be reliable if they aren’t going to be difference makers. The worst thing is a backup who is out of position, gets lost on defense, turns the ball over, or takes shots that aren’t a product of the offense. We had some of that last year.

I’ll take slow and unexplosive out of my backup pf/c if he can be in position on defense and pass from the high post. I want my backups to be reliable if they aren’t going to be difference makers. The worst thing is a backup who is out of position, gets lost on defense, turns the ball over, or takes shots that aren’t a product of the offense. We had some of that last year.
Agree. Curry also seems to have a high basketball IQ...i just worry he won't have a chance on defense or rebounding...again hope he was just back too early last year.

Agree. Curry also seems to have a high basketball IQ...i just worry he won't have a chance on defense or rebounding...again hope he was just back too early last year.
This is why I like to watch the pre-pre games (GB & ND) the gophers play. You can kind of get a look at how some of these guys play out.

When he came back two years ago I thought he was definitely an upgrade over Stockman as a backup center and I thought Matz was a solid backup center for a Big Ten team. I would definitely take what Curry gave us in 2018-19.

When he came back two years ago I thought he was definitely an upgrade over Stockman as a backup center and I thought Matz was a solid backup center for a Big Ten team. I would definitely take what Curry gave us in 2018-19.
I can't even remember anymore but was that when we last saw him in a game or did we see him in limited action last year? Whenever he last saw the floor he was very slow and non explosive. I remember he got an offensive rebound and shot faked...the defender bit and as he was coming down Curry jumped to dunk/layup...the defender landed AND was able to re jump to block the shot.

Whenever that was he was far from in basketball shape.

Regardless, I'm excited to see the young man return.

Top Bottom