Search Firm

gold04

Reaction score
Are they using a search firm to find a new coach? It really helped last time!

Are they using a search firm to find a new coach? It really helped last time!

Well it would have worked last time had Maturi listened to them. Instead the spineless AD got duped by the used car salesman.

We need to have a search committee formed by Bruinniks, not a pro. search firm. All you get there are retreads that have agents pushing their guy. I know Tony Dungy won't coach or be AD, but he might head up a search committee. We need the committee to be made up of football people and not Administrators, faculty, or Regents. The pres. has to be there, but otherwise football people. The "M" club has alot of people with NFL and college knowledge and connections, they also care about the program. If TD won't do it I know the "M" club has people I know would do it.

If I remember right the search firm is helpful because it can make contact with currently employed coaches people. I think that's how we got the lead on Tubby Smith.

We need a search firm to do the ground work and gauge interest from people who do not their name out in public.

We need a hiring committe of U of M people to make the actual hire, not Maturi.

We need to have a search committee formed by Bruinniks, not a pro. search firm. All you get there are retreads that have agents pushing their guy. I know Tony Dungy won't coach or be AD, but he might head up a search committee. We need the committee to be made up of football people and not Administrators, faculty, or Regents. The pres. has to be there, but otherwise football people. The "M" club has alot of people with NFL and college knowledge and connections, they also care about the program. If TD won't do it I know the "M" club has people I know would do it.

Wrong. That is not how those private firms work. They are helpful, and every big school uses them.

A search firm is a must as part of the process. As was posted earlier, it was a big factor in landing Tubby. You feed information to the firm (salary range, facilities, etc.) and they can guage interest where we might not have know interested existed (Tubby).

The search firm did not contact Tubby, His agent contacted US. We can thank Clem Haskins and a former Timberwolvescoach for Tubby, NOT A SEARCH FIRM.

Top Bottom