Seantrell going back to home

killcrew

Reaction score
This is a rumor around st paul kids but seantrell MIGHT be coming back home.
thats all i heard.

This rumor pops up about every 3 months. I would ignore it until you hear something directly from Seantrell.

I told you all... His girl got knocked up over x mas break... We're getting close to 40 weeks...

I heard this rumor in february at a bar in saint Paul. I think this has more to it folks!!

Olson, Gjere, Pirsig, there's no room for Seantrel! (Sarcasm) I'm fine with him coming back up here, as long as his dad stays in Miami.

Killcrew just put up a local rumor he heard from someone, but obviously he doesn't know how true it could be. I'll do the same (I don't want to start another thread). During the spring HS track season, I overhead a Woodbury athlete tell some of his teammates and coaches that Lamonte who also ran track at WHS got in trouble with Kill for drug use and other issues that I couldn't quite here. I also heard that he might be off the team. All I heard was drug issues and some other issues that I couldn't quite make out. I didn't think anything of it until I heard Kill might be releasing up to 10 scholarships. Then I started thinking Lamonte could be one of them. Now who knows if anything happened or if anything is going to happen (usually never major discipline for drug use) to Lamonte, but I'm just throwing what I heard out there. Cue the speculation screams. Who knows I might have misheard...just thought I'd share what I heard

Just from hearing the coaches speak, it seems pretty clear that Lamonte is part of our future plans. If his issues were with Kill, he would likely have already transferred, the "10 more scholarships" talk seems to be more about guys who don't fit their system (and choose to leave) or still don't get things turned around academically....it doesn't seem like this scenario fits the rumor you heard.

As far as Seantrel....

I would be absolutely shocked if he left Miami. I'm not saying that it won't happen, but I can't see him sitting out a year of football when another great year could put him in 1st round talk for the 2013 draft.

BobLoblaw- Concerning Lamonte- I never really was worried about him transferring or anything just thought I'd share the rumor I heard.

I totally agree with you about Seantrel. Excellent freshman year at Miami, could very well end up a higher round pick in 2013. It would be totally shocking (but amazing!) to hear that he tranfers.

Anyone saying they wouldn't like him to play football for the Gophers, is delusional or joking. But, I have my doubts to the truth of this.

WLA face beats up Jewhan Edwards fist

After WLA delivered a pizza and Found that Edwards was banging his girlfriend. Or was
that Edwards smoked a joint, banged WLA old lady and then ate the whole pizza after whooping
WLA butt. Is Jew Jew party Edwards eligible for the NFL supplemental draft, Inquiring minds would like to know.
Good story's abound even from cat sitters. Sorry got off topic, I would be happy for Seantrel if he played for the Gophers
1 year and then went to the NFL.

Do we really need to be posting unsubstantiated rumors here? Seems in poor tastes.

Do we really need to be posting unsubstantiated rumors here? Seems in poor tastes.

mkAz...there is no such thing as an unsubstantiated rumor on GopherHole. Only unsubstantiated facts.

May as well sit out his year here. Come back home Seantrel.

Ahh that's too bad for him. I know he is a bit of a villian on these boards (partially rightfully so) but he is a good kid, a great football player and you hate to see this happen to anyone.

good luck Seantrel.

May as well sit out his year here. Come back home Seantrel.

This^^^^, if Seantrel's dad wouldn't have reappeared in his life after realizing he could cash in on him Seantrel would 100% be a Gopher right now, that's the sad part, really a good kid.

Who is Seantrel? Have we ever talked about him here before?

Seantrel's a guy who plays football for Miami.

The better question is, who is "Seantrell"? That's who this thread is about. And where is his home? And why should any of us care if he goes back "to" there?

This^^^^, if Seantrel's dad wouldn't have reappeared in his life after realizing he could cash in on him Seantrel would 100% be a Gopher right now, that's the sad part, really a good kid.

That's not really true.

Care to expand? I wad told this by someone who is close to Seantrel and was in the know during the recruiting process......

Well, i'm not trying to calling you or your friend a liar but...

I went to CDH, I am pretty close to the program, a good friend of mine is a coach on the team and runs a lot of the summer workouts. I don't think i've ever speculated on a Cretin kid without it turning out to be true on this forum (or when I used to post on KFAN). Now, i'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I do know a bit about the CDH football program.

Seantrel's dad was definitely a Johnny-Come-Lately figure, but he didn't run the recruiting process as much as people think. Seantrel had issues with Brew's job security (ironically, considering he considered USC, tOSU and Miami) and he wanted to play on the biggest stage. Those were more his issues. Notre Dame essentially went away with the Weis situation. Seantrel really did give MN a lot of thought, it wasn't a token consideration (it was with Floyd) but when it came down to it, he wanted the chance of playing for national titles, conference championships and playing in the biggest games of all of college football. It hasn't exactly turned out the way he wanted it to (i'm sure, i have no inside info on how he is now) and a lot of the coaches who had great job security, turned out not to have the kind of security we all thought a few years ago.

I never heard he was all set on coming to MN and I had always heard it was more of a prestige of the program sort of issue that led him away from home.

I could certainly be wrong as i've never heard any of this from Seantrel, but yeah...

Man, I can't help but think this kid is never going to really pan out. Sounds like he has been pushed down the depth chart at Miami and I'm not even sure he'd be a sure thing starter here.

...he wanted to play on the biggest stage. Those were more his issues. Notre Dame essentially went away with the Weis situation. Seantrel really did give MN a lot of thought, it wasn't a token consideration (it was with Floyd) but when it came down to it, he wanted the chance of playing for national titles, conference championships and playing in the biggest games of all of college football. It hasn't exactly turned out the way he wanted it to (i'm sure, i have no inside info on how he is now) and a lot of the coaches who had great job security, turned out not to have the kind of security we all thought a few years ago.

I never heard he was all set on coming to MN and I had always heard it was more of a prestige of the program sort of issue that led him away from home....

This is a great synopsis of the challenges that face Coach Kill here. Let's hope Persig and Company can start to change that perception!

Man, I can't help but think this kid is never going to really pan out. Sounds like he has been pushed down the depth chart at Miami and I'm not even sure he'd be a sure thing starter here.

I'm obviously a CDH homer and a big fan of Seantrel, but by just about every single standard he is panning out.

He started 10 games as a true freshman and Miami's OLine improved a ton with the addition of Henderson. He was NCAA All-Freshman by most of the affiliates that put out awards like that. He was the highest graded Olineman on the team (according to their coaching staff).

I know that with all of the rumors on here and with lineman not getting the most coverage it's hard to keep track of how he is doing, but that statement would seem preposterous on a Miami board.

The fact that Brewster did not land Seantrel, may be a key reason why we now have Jerry Kill. In a few years we'll know if this was a moment of serendipity.

Top Bottom