Seantrel Update...

LesBolstad

Reaction score
USC is off his list after losing to a horrible Washington team that that recently lost 15 in a row. USC's nice little run is coming to an end. Gophers now the front runner. Awesome new stadium, team on the rise who gave national title contender all they wanted, and a chance to start at from day 1.

+1

And add that tOSU who lost to USC who lost to Washington is also off his list for that reason...

LOL

I sat a few rows behind him on Saturday. He is a big man.

I was worried that if we got blown out, then we would have no chance at him. The Gophers gave him a show where I think we are still in the hunt. Its a long shot, but we can hop!

USC is off his list after losing to a horrible Washington team that that recently lost 15 in a row. USC's nice little run is coming to an end. Gophers now the front runner. Awesome new stadium, team on the rise who gave national title contender all they wanted, and a chance to start at from day 1.

I also heard Florida is now off his list because they couldn't beat Tennessee by more than 10 points, and Oklahoma was eliminated a few weeks ago when they lost and Bradford was hurt. He will now be close to zero football schools and will be seeking a b-ball scholie from Rick Majerus.

Haha nice...but really i know this is the going saying but i talked to a friend of seantrels that really made it sound like he wants to go to USC mainly because of the "pro" option, then i got into a heated argument about how dumb of a reasoning that is because if you're good, you'll be found.

Speculation? DOn't toy with us.

I heard he is going to St. Marys now because he wants to be a male nurse after seeing how bad USC was on Saturday.

Haha nice...but really i know this is the going saying but i talked to a friend of seantrels that really made it sound like he wants to go to USC mainly because of the "pro" option, then i got into a heated argument about how dumb of a reasoning that is because if you're good, you'll be found.

I actually don't think this is half-bad reasoning by Seantrel, but I'm not sure this limits his choice to USC automatically. Oklahoma, Florida, and Ohio State all put a lot of players in the NFL. It may be that these schools do a better job of developing top talent into NFL-level talent, or it may be as simple as the fact players at these top football schools are just seen as somehow "better" by NFL scouts because of where they play college ball and don't have to work as hard to get noticed.

However, while I think this is a decent rationale for picking a college, I don't think the ship has sailed on MN. Otherwise, why would he keep making visits, including attending the entire game on Sat? I sat by Seantrel at the Cal game and was trying to get a read on him. He seemed pretty relaxed and literally acknowledged EVERY single person who said stuff to him. He seemed to really like being recognized, but not in an arrogant way. He really was smiling genuinely and saying "hi" or nodding his head at all who approached him or said hi.

Also, there was a bald African-American fellow sitting on the aisle in the row behind him, and he got up a couple times to go say things to Seantrel, like he was counseling him on something. Anyone know who this was? Just a regular fan?

He didnt happen to look like this did he?

Also, there was a bald African-American fellow sitting on the aisle in the row behind him, and he got up a couple times to go say things to Seantrel, like he was counseling him on something. Anyone know who this was? Just a regular fan?

Morpheus-Red-or-Blue-Pill-the-matrix-1957140-500-568.jpg

"This is your last chance(Seantrel). After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill -- the story ends, you (go to USC) and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill -- you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the Gopher-hole goes."

haha couldnt help myself...

Special thanks to Mrgopher and his linguistic excellence.

"This is your last chance(Seantrel). After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill -- the story ends, you (go to USC) and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill -- you stay in Wonderland(Minnesota) and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

Freakin' awesome.

"This is your last chance(Seantrel). After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill -- the story ends, you (go to USC) and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill -- you stay in Wonderland(Minnesota) and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

Yeah, that's a helluva post. Cracked me up!

Our shoiwing against California should convince Sentrel...It seemed like every unit was somewhat solid against the #8 team in the country. I can imagine one of the things going through his mind was what if Minnesota had a solid O-line. I am sure we gave him some more things to think about....now lets go compete for the Big Ten title.

Our shoiwing against California should convince Sentrel...It seemed like every unit was somewhat solid against the #8 team in the country. I can imagine one of the things going through his mind was what if Minnesota had a solid O-line. I am sure we gave him some more things to think about....now lets go compete for the Big Ten title.

This occurred to me too. We are only a very few pieces (in my opinion) from competing for a Big Ten title. #1 on the list is a dominant OT and Henderson had to have pictured the impact he could have had on that game.

Post of the year nominee :D :clap:

I second that nomination. Only i wish so hard that he would have left out the Minnesota in parentheses and replaced "rabbit" with "Gopher".

I actually don't think this is half-bad reasoning by Seantrel, but I'm not sure this limits his choice to USC automatically. Oklahoma, Florida, and Ohio State all put a lot of players in the NFL. It may be that these schools do a better job of developing top talent into NFL-level talent, or it may be as simple as the fact players at these top football schools are just seen as somehow "better" by NFL scouts because of where they play college ball and don't have to work as hard to get noticed.

I've always kind of thought that O-line is one of those positions where it matters the least where you go to school if you want to get in the NFL. So long as you face some decent competition once in a while, people won't forget that you're massive. Unlike a skill position where you need to get your touches...which is why I can't really fault Fitzgerald for going to Pitt, but the state of
Minnesota should disown Seantrel the minute he signs somewhere else. You can block in Minnesota as easily as you can block anywhere else, and if you're good at it, you'll get paid in the draft. Joe Thomas, anyone?

I also think that if you want to get noticed for being really great, you need (in this case) to play for a team that is playing the teams with the best defensive lines!!! I mean if you play for USC and the teams they play are not known for great defensive lines, what have you proven??? conversely if you play for MN and they play tOSU, USC, Penn St and some others WELL known for great defensive lines, and you do well against them, haven't you actually proven more? Raised your stock a bit?

Kind of like our old OOC schedule, when you play cupcakes and win what have you really shown or proven???

I second that nomination. Only i wish so hard that he would have left out the Minnesota in parentheses and replaced "rabbit" with "Gopher".

Excellent suggestion, I wish I had thought of it myself. Ill make the proper edit.

I wish a booster club could buy billboard space in St. Paul and copy cmich's post there. That would probably be copywrite not-possible but pretty funny post... no doubt. :)

Top Bottom