Seantrel Henderson to OSU

Let's be honest, if he chooses OSU, he's making the "right" decision. The offensive side of the ball at the U of M has been a revolving door for coaches in the Brewster Era. You can't blame the kid for going to a big time program with more stability.

I'd love it if he came to the U of M and became a "brand" and resurrected the program, but the chances are better (at this point) for him to improve his pro prospects if he goes to OSU. It sucks, but it's the truth.

Let's be honest, you have no idea what is best for SH, none of us do. It's all opinion-nothing more. You may be right, but you may be wrong. No flame intended as I know you want him here.

Let's be honest, you have no idea what is best for SH, none of us do. It's all opinion-nothing more. You may be right, but you may be wrong. No flame intended as I know you want him here.

I can respect that, but at the same time the negatives that I pointed out are all still true. When you have as much invested as SH and the possible future payoff, that just has to be a big red flag.

I'm not on the fire Brewster bandwagon. I think he needs to get to coach "his guys," but at the same time the fact that no assistant coaches seem to want to stay bothers me some. While it's good that he's hiring guys that other people want, there still needs to be some stability to get the most out of 18-22 year old kids.

If Shaw was still here (or even Davis), I would say that the U of M is as good a choice as any in terms of developing lineman, but the revolving door would have me concerned as a player.

I've met the guys who run Prepstar. Let's just say they aren't the brightest bulbs. They basically do everything ass-backwords over there.

I only read one of their feature (cover) articles titled, "Will Mark Sanchez be the next Heisman winner in Troy?"

Then inside the magazine, it basically just showed a bunch of pictures of him, listed some stats, and threw out some vague references to Carson Palmer.

maybe I should quick startup a recruiting website today and break the news that Seantrell Hendersonk is coming to Minnesota.....then see what kind of fury it causes on the OSU msg boards.

Okay, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt yesterday as a rush job to get the story out. It is the following morning and that article is still a misspelled mess. Is this a common thing for them, to not spell check or check anything at all in their articles?

If Shaw was still here (or even Davis), I would say that the U of M is as good a choice as any in terms of developing lineman, but the revolving door would have me concerned as a player.

Did I miss something?? I am pretty sure Davis is still the OL coach.

I've met the guys who run Prepstar. Let's just say they aren't the brightest bulbs. They basically do everything ass-backwords over there.

I only read one of their feature (cover) articles titled, "Will Mark Sanchez be the next Heisman winner in Troy?"

Then inside the magazine, it basically just showed a bunch of pictures of him, listed some stats, and threw out some vague references to Carson Palmer.

A few years ago they were drooling and fawning over Cali prep QB Derek Shaw as "the nation's next gunslinger". I think he only played a year at ASU, a semester at TTU , then ended up at a JUCO and got kicked off the team, effectively ending his chances over ever living up to the vaunted Prepstar's hype.

I'm almost certain that Chow said no. I haven't heard anything about Davis, so I'm assuming he's still with the U.

That's what I've found too. I guess with the history of coaches leaving, I just assumed he was gone after the report.

At least now I feel more encouraged that SH can end up here because there's a real OL coach that spurned USC to stay in MN.

I usually try to steer away from commenting on things such as this, but that article on Henderson was so poorly written, I have to admit I wouldn't be surprised if this was exactly the case. I've never seen an article from a "senior editor" with a worse grip of the English language. It was actually quite remarkable.

Top Bottom