Seantrel at the Gopher hoops game yesterday

BleedGopher

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this was mentioned in a different thread, but I didn't see it at a quick glance.

But Seantrel was at the Gopher game yesterday and certainly caused quite the buzz when he walked in as his pure size is just jaw-dropping, no matter how often you see the guy. He was standing next to Coach Tim Davis at one point and Davis was a step higher than Seantrel and Henderson was STILL taller than Davis, who isn't small himself.

Henderson spent most of the second half sitting right next to Brewster behind the scorer's table at halfcourt. As he walked by the student section a small chant started which it looked like Seantrel acknowledged.

Go Gophers!!

From Monter:

"Seantrel Henderson, a 6-foot-8, 338-pound tackle from Cretin Derham Hall who is USA Today's Offensive Player of the Year, attended the Minnesota basketball game Saturday. He and his father, Sean, visited the Gopher locker room along with Minnesota head coach Tim Brewster and recruiting coordinator Dan Berezowitz. The Gophers are hoping that they can convince the talented tackle to stay home."

Go Gophers!!

Thanks Bleed

More proof Coach Brewster is recruiting 24/7/365. This late in the recruiting game and he is on Campus with Coach Davis, Coach Brewster, and the recruiting coordinator. What more could you want this close to the signing date?:D

Doesn't this remind you of Ashley a bit? His old man was running the show in that
one, too, and was quite dismissive of Minnesota.

Doesn't this remind you of Ashley a bit? His old man was running the show in that
one, too, and was quite dismissive of Minnesota.

Who's Ashley? Seriously, I'm not sure how things would have turned out different for him if he had stayed home to begin with, but it does indicate that parents should offer support, but not do the deciding for their children.

More proof Coach Brewster is recruiting 24/7/365. This late in the recruiting game and he is on Campus with Coach Davis, Coach Brewster, and the recruiting coordinator. What more could you want this close to the signing date?:D

Agree. Some say we are being used and "played", but if we were not a serious option they would not be hanging out with the coaches. I'll put Brewster up against any recruiter in the country and I like our chances.

What's the deal with Seantrel and basketball? Does he have any game at all? I know he wants to play basketball, but is it something where he could contribute to Tubby's squad?

What's the deal with Seantrel and basketball? Does he have any game at all? I know he wants to play basketball, but is it something where he could contribute to Tubby's squad?

On this board it will depend on who replies. Some folks think he's "worthless" for bball, others disagree. For me, I could care less. If bball gets him here for football then so much the better. Tubby doesn't have to burn a scholly on him.

Hard to move underneath but not much verticle. (the couple times I've seen him play)

Having seen him several times, and I've argued with some here about him before, it's my belief that he's not that great AT THIS POINT in time. He has POTENTIAL (because of his size) to be a real force inside. Right now his footwork is terrible, and he does haven't the low post moves to really be a solid college player, but given a couple years of good coaching, he could turn into a decent player.

That being said, I doubt he'll be playing hoops regardless of where he ends up.

Exactly. Why would Brew and Co. spend valuable time with SH and also in the midst of 14,000 fans? Only if SH was asked the question? Will you be a Gopher??

Brew must know what SH is thinking and respects that enough to stay in his face.

Exactly. Why would Brew and Co. spend valuable time with SH and also in the midst of 14,000 fans? Only if SH was asked the question? Will you be a Gopher??

Brew must know what SH is thinking and respects that enough to stay in his face.

I was thinking the same thing. I know our chances are very slim. But, how many visits has SH had to the U during Football and now Basketball season? Is he that bored and have that much time if it was a done decision? Doesn't mean he is coming here. But he is sure investing lots of time with U.

Of course now that he is the #2 recruit in the nation rather than #1 means are chances are increasing:)

I was thinking the same thing. I know our chances are very slim. But, how many visits has SH had to the U during Football and now Basketball season? Is he that bored and have that much time if it was a done decision? Doesn't mean he is coming here. But he is sure investing lots of time with U.

Of course now that he is the #2 recruit in the nation rather than #1 means are chances are increasing:)

He will be a Gopher or a Buckeye. Too many coaching changes hurt the other schools.

I seriously think he is Dinkytown bound.

He will be a Gopher or a Buckeye. Too many coaching changes hurt the other schools.

Hope you're right. I think if he comes out in the next week or so and says schools x, x, and x are his top 3, whether the U is one of those schools or not, I think he goes elsewhere. If everything stays quiet until the 3rd, there's a decent chance he ends up at the U.

look out for not so good looking little peter

You better be careful with posts like these. Handsome Pete (the Sheriff of the Source Police) will hound you for a source.

It's a good sign he's willing to spend time with Brewster et al this late in the process. Either that or he really loves gopher basketball.

It's a good sign he's willing to spend time with Brewster et al this late in the process. Either that or he really loves gopher basketball.

I agree. He is a high school senior who is one of the most recruited young men in the country. He is choosing a Saturday afternoon to spend it with Coach Brewster. We got a chance, I don't care what anyone says.

Actually, the Brew might be thinking strategically here.

If in the unlikely event Seantrels' college career takes a path similar to those of Cretin alums Kim Royston and Matt Carufel, then the Brew wants to harvest the big fella when he might be on the rebound (transfer) a few years down the road.

Again, this scenario above is extremely unlikely, as Seantrel will almost certainly choose to play on the biggest stage, under the brightest lights, with BCS Bowls and National Championships at stake annually.

He will prolly be a high 1st round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, not a college transfer...

But how can you fault the Brew for tryin'?

Top Bottom