SDSU is NOT the NDSU of 2007 !! no no.

Lakes what does 2007 have to do with anything? SDSU is a different team than the 2007 Bison team and the Gophers are a much different team than the 2007 version.

I think SDSU will hang tough for a while but the Gophers are just too athletic and will win by 14-17 points.

METRODOME HAS HS CHAMPIONSHIPS FOR 20+ years with MINNESOTA TOO!

No one from Minnesota cares that SDSU shares a field with a high school team.

Im talking practice, games all through the fall on Couglin Stadium. not even the same, nice try though.

Good point...not the same at all. This past week, the Fargo Dome has hosted 17 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAMES and 5 SMALL COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAMES. Do the Bison practice in the parking lot at Walgreens on those days?

They practice on the mud and being from brookings, they are used to it (i wont even talk about the tailgate area). so of course they will have advantages in that regard vs DOME teams. thats' all I am saying...........did I mention they share their stadium with a high school team? :D:D:D

Yeah, letting the high school team play on-campus, outdoor football is an awful thing. Nearly as bad as renting a municipal arena and sharing with the likes of Whapeton youth football.

Bragging about renting a municipal indoor football field for a collegiate teaim on this forum is a poorly calculated play. Real football is played outdoors.

Almost every FBS plays at least one FCS becuase the NCAA allows one such game to count towards bowl-eligibility. Some teams play none (USC). Some teams play two (Kansas State).

For Minnesota, playing an FCS is pretty much a no brainer, because there are 6 FCS teams in bordering states. And 5 of the 6 of these programs have a good following by FCS standards. While most BCS schools schedule and FCS opponent and hope to God people bother to buy tickets and show up (Wisconsin), the Twin Cities have significant alumni who easily replace the demand that is lost due to the fact its an FCS vs. FBS game.

There is as much talk about this game as almost any on the schedule.

Non-BCS teams in FBS ae starting to want waaaay too much money for a games that few care about.

Coughlin-Alumni stadium hosts 4 Brookings High School games per year. Big flippin deal.

By the way, the FargoDome cement turf is some of the worst in the area and has cost 1/3 of NDSU's team out for the year with Turf Toe. Oh yeah, and have fun at the Ag Expo next month at the Prestine FargoDome owned by the city of Fargo, not NDSU.

Almost every FBS plays at least one FCS becuase the NCAA allows one such game to count towards bowl-eligibility. Some teams play none (USC). Some teams play two (Kansas State).

I had no idea that teams could play two (or more?) FCS teams. I looked it up and, sure enough, the following teams play two FCS opponents:

Kansas State
Ole' Miss
NC State
Rutgers
South Florida
Duke
North Carolina

Many of these teams will be 6-6 or 7-5 and will be making a bowl when, if they'd had the Gophers's nonconference schedule would not have.

Personally, I think only 1 FCS victory should count toward bowl eligibility. What a sham.

Top Bottom