SDSU H-Coach interview

JoeDirt

Reaction score
SDSU Head Coach Jon Stegelmeier gave an interview today on the ESPN radio affiliate down here in Sioux Falls. He didn't say anything real shocking, but there was a comment about us Gopher fans that I thought was interesting. Mr. Stegelmeier said that he knows the Gopher fans aren't real happy with their team, "I think we can get them to turn on their team if we can make a play or two early in the game." "They will be loud but I want them to be loud against their own team."

Some other bullet points of the interview:

-He knows Adam Weber has a big arm and expects us to go deep, at least 40 yards down the field, 10-15 times.

-He knows that SDSU has no advantage anywhere on the field at least physically. He knows we are much bigger, faster, stronger.

-He really hopes his players don't get caught up in the atmosphere of the crowd and the new stadium.

-He basically thinks that it will be Minnesota's offense against SDSU's defense.

-He wasn't real scared of our running attack, but knows it will be a challenge for his guys to stop Big Ten athletes.

Basically he sounds like a good, common sense coach who knows he's in for a big challenge on Saturday. Also his Minnesota native players are pumped for the game.

Top Bottom