SD -Sanford Facilities

aarons41

Reaction score
Just returned from a volleyball week with my daughter on visiting with coaches around the Sioux Falls area USD,SDSU and Augustana) as well as going to camps at SDSU. I was amazed at the facilities at each of these campuses - SDSU is building a new Football stadium and has built an indoor practice facility as well as a training area that is amazing. USD - new basketball arena - Augustana brand new baseball stadium and football field. High high majority of the funds coming from Sanford. So sad that we lost the connect with them. If that partnership was still there so many facilites could be improved at a level that would put us near the top of the Big Ten. I left each of the schools highly impressed and each time the driver was T Denny's organizations.

Sanford is into making money and spreading his empire. The powers that be have said no. He's not going to just donate tens of millions out of the kindness of his heart and school pride. It's a business deal, first and foremost. His primary business was/is a rung above a payday lender. What else should we expect?

Just returned from a volleyball week with my daughter on visiting with coaches around the Sioux Falls area USD,SDSU and Augustana) as well as going to camps at SDSU. I was amazed at the facilities at each of these campuses - SDSU is building a new Football stadium and has built an indoor practice facility as well as a training area that is amazing. USD - new basketball arena - Augustana brand new baseball stadium and football field. High high majority of the funds coming from Sanford. So sad that we lost the connect with them. If that partnership was still there so many facilites could be improved at a level that would put us near the top of the Big Ten. I left each of the schools highly impressed and each time the driver was T Denny's organizations.

Tell Norwood

Sanford is into making money and spreading his empire. The powers that be have said no. He's not going to just donate tens of millions out of the kindness of his heart and school pride. It's a business deal, first and foremost. His primary business was/is a rung above a payday lender. What else should we expect?

What's he getting out of South Dakota (or SDSU or whatever it is)? Why won't we give him the same deal? Did that stupid failed hospital merger cost the U tens (or hundreds) of millions in athletics donations? smh

What's he getting out of South Dakota (or SDSU or whatever it is)? Why won't we give him the same deal? Did that stupid failed hospital merger cost the U tens (or hundreds) of millions in athletics donations? smh

yep

The wisdom of using revenue from a healthcare system for overpriced sports facilities notwithstanding, it's over. T. Denny strikes me as an overly sensitive individual. He could have pursued the Fairview merger but was taken aback by the light resistance encountered and folded immediately. He's famously defensive about his subprime lending activities. In interviews he spins it in the best light possible but it is what it is. He's grateful to South Dakota for enabling his profiteering. He's taken his ball and gone home.

The question for South Dakotans ought to be is where is all this "free money" coming from? Their medical school isn't named after a pioneering or altruistic physician or community leader, it's named after a man who made his money charging near usurious fees and interest rates to desperate poor people. Shameful.

The wisdom of using revenue from a healthcare system for overpriced sports facilities notwithstanding, it's over. T. Denny strikes me as an overly sensitive individual. He could have pursued the Fairview merger but was taken aback by the light resistance encountered and folded immediately. He's famously defensive about his subprime lending activities. In interviews he spins it in the best light possible but it is what it is. He's grateful to South Dakota for enabling his profiteering. He's taken his ball and gone home.

The question for South Dakotans ought to be is where is all this "free money" coming from? Their medical school isn't named after a pioneering or altruistic physician or community leader, it's named after a man who made his money charging near usurious fees and interest rates to desperate poor people. Shameful.

Desperate poor people who may have not had any other way to access money at the time. Sure it could be considered questionable, but how many billionaires are made without blurring the lines or using 'questionable' business tactics? Doesn't make it right, but Sanford is not in the minority.

If we're going to be all moralistic and self righteous about whose money we take, and under what conditions, we are never going to have the kind of athletic facilities or athletic program that many of us dream about.

The people here who believe the state should have allowed the U to take Sanford's money for the hospital merger are what is wrong with America today.

Sanford is into making money and spreading his empire.
And what mega-millionaire donors aren't? Maybe the ones who inherited their money from parents/grandparents who were into making money and spreading their empire?

How much has your governor donated? (Honest question, IDK)

South Dakota and Minnesota are apples and oranges.

South Dakota can sell their souls to Sanford health if they want. They may not have any other options. But that doesn't mean Minnesota should.

Minnesota could be losing out on some athletics donations, but there is a reason they didn't let Sanford buy everything

South Dakota and Minnesota are apples and oranges. South Dakota can sell their souls to Sanford health if they want. They may not have any other options. But that doesn't mean Minnesota should. Minnesota could be losing out on some athletics donations, but there is a reason they didn't let Sanford buy everything

I would venture that Sanford Health ends up purchasing a Twin Cities area hospital within the next 10 years.

I would venture that Sanford Health ends up purchasing a Twin Cities area hospital within the next 10 years.
Wouldn't surprise me. It won't be the university hospital though

Desperate poor people who may have not had any other way to access money at the time. Sure it could be considered questionable, but how many billionaires are made without blurring the lines or using 'questionable' business tactics? Doesn't make it right, but Sanford is not in the minority.

One can club baby seals to death and call himself a great hunter, but I would disagree.

Sub-prime lending is equivalent in my book, which is why these outfits had to move to Dakota to set up shop. Many are not sophisticated enough to extricate themselves from the debt cycle. It is not right to hand them ropes to hang themselves and charge them for the privilege. Rant off.

Top Bottom