Scott Frost Getting Tooled On The NFL Draft

WriterGoph

Reaction score
This is awesome. I never realized how badly Burrow wanted to go to Nebraska when he entered the transfer portal from OSU, but Frost rebuffed him. Two times in the first 5 minutes they basically called him out for it on their Burrow talk.

The best one....

"Burrow entered the transfer portal and wanted to go to Nebraska. Scott Frost said "Well, is he better than what we got?" The answer....YES!!"

What a tool Frost is.

Burrow’s dad played and coached at Nebraska. And you still won’t take the kid? F you Frost. Cornhuskers deserve another 5 and 7 season for you!!

Yep, I actually remember another Burrow playing there back in the day. Dan and Jamie Burrow. Guess they were his older brothers? Even crazier to think they wouldn't find a spot for him given the legacy aspect. The ego is strong on Frost. Have fun with Adrian Martinez!

01eOgrn.gif

Yep, I actually remember another Burrow playing there back in the day. Dan and Jamie Burrow. Guess they were his older brothers? Even crazier to think they wouldn't find a spot for him given the legacy aspect. The ego is strong on Frost. Have fun with Adrian Martinez!
I think that Luke McCaffrey could be a special player for them

It’s ok Luke, people will understand why you want to transfer out of a crappy place like Lincoln Nebraska.

Why do I feel there is no magic with the Huskers under Frost? The vibes that I got from the body languages of the players last season isn't encouraging.

You look across to the Gopher's sideline. There is whooping and excitement and jumping.

Why do I feel there is no magic with the Huskers under Frost? The vibes that I got from the body languages of the players last season isn't encouraging.

You look across to the Gopher's sideline. There is whooping and excitement and jumping.
That stuff can be overrated at times...but the way last year went this year might be make or break for the Nebraska program

That could change very quickly with a few big wins, just as it did here.

How quickly sentiment towards Nebraska has changed since joining the B1G just nine years ago. Well, really just since Scott Frost was hired to coach the Cornhuskers.

Before that the sentiment here was generally positive. We had a long kinship with Nebraska. They had played us more than any other B1G school. In fact we had played Nebraska more times than we had played Ohio State. A grassroots trophy took root, we cheered their successes, reminisced about their good natured fans and thought we would be a natural rival with them. They had Bo Pelini, a fiery tough guy coach, who was all about football, and we respected that.

Now, for many reasons, we are slowly turning on Nebraska. Their fans aren’t as nice as we thought, their players are again thuggish and we despise media praise of them. All of this is since the hiring of Scott Frost.

For me, it started during the 2018 season. Watching the post game press conferences, Frost seemed petulant and willing to throw his players under the bus. I began to hate that Nebraska hired the guy. Then after what I thought was a poorly coached season, the media outlandishly predicted Nebraska would win the B1G West.

So a combination of Frost’s ability and personality, coupled with the fawning media, led me to cheer against the ‘Huskers last year. That’s hard to do when I’m already Booing the Badgers and Hating Iowa.

Frost could still turn it around, but he might have to become a ‘players coach,’ shed some stress, and enjoy his job.

I'm still okay with Nebraskduh fans. They treat me pretty nice with I'm in Lincoln. Sure, they're livin' in the past, cause their present and future looks pretty dim. but I'll definitely be cheering for them whenever they play the BADgers or Iwoa. Now the way the media treats Nebraska as "this year they're going to be great", that's another story...

Probably every coach every where has missed on a prospect they could of had. But, Frost just seems so easy right now to make fun of. Hope he stays that way.
I'm thinking he is just putting too much pressure on himself. He doesn't have any sense of how lost he is or seems.

They fired Bo Pellini who consistently had won nine or ten games in his last seven years.

Bo was not beloved by the administration. I don't know if some fans were clamoring for his head for not winning more or the Big Ten title(s).

The native son and hero Husker QB from the glory days went 13-0 at UCF, and declared they won the national title when they were not selected in the CFB playoff.

He is declared the messiah who will lead Nebraska back to its prominence. They proceeded to have Bo Pellini fired so the wunderkind can take the helm.

Boy, what are they thinking now? How much more patience do the fans have? To say that Scott Frost is under the gun is an understatement. They have given him a long long rope.

This is a turning point year. That is why the AD was aiming for a victory against the Gophers to get back into a bowl game.

YearSchoolGWLTPctSRSSOSAP PreAP HighAP PostBowlNotes
2003Nebraska11001.00011.182.181019Alamo Bowl-W
2008Nebraska13940.69210.923.69Gator Bowl-W
2009Nebraska141040.71411.412.69241414Holiday Bowl-W
2010Nebraska141040.71412.852.428520Holiday Bowl-L
2011Nebraska13940.6928.763.0710824Capital One Bowl-L
2012Nebraska141040.7149.794.22171425Capital One Bowl-L
2013Nebraska13940.6925.220.451818Gator Bowl-W
2014Nebraska12930.75010.261.722211
8 YrsNebraska9467270.71310.052.564-3

They fired Bo Pellini who consistently had won nine or ten games in his last seven years.

Bo was not beloved by the administration. I don't know if some fans were clamoring for his head for not winning more or the Big Ten title(s).

The native son and hero Husker QB from the glory days went 13-0 at UCF, and declared they won the national title when they were not selected in the CFB playoff.

He is declared the messiah who will lead Nebraska back to its prominence. They proceeded to have Bo Pellini fired so the wunderkind can take the helm.

Boy, what are they thinking now? How much more patience do the fans have? To say that Scott Frost is under the gun is an understatement. They have given him a long long rope.

This is a turning point year. That is why the AD was aiming for a victory against the Gophers to get back into a bowl game.

You forgot about Mike Riley in there. Pelini was not fired to make way for Frost.

I'm still okay with Nebraskduh fans. They treat me pretty nice with I'm in Lincoln. Sure, they're livin' in the past, cause their present and future looks pretty dim. but I'll definitely be cheering for them whenever they play the BADgers or Iwoa. Now the way the media treats Nebraska as "this year they're going to be great", that's another story...
Here is what I find interesting and I think many people have pointed out the different attitude now toward the Huskers since Frost took over. When WI plays Nebraska I want to see a 52 to 0 game with Nebraska on the losing end. I don't like WI but in my formative years, the pre Alvarez days, the Badgers were blah. That is how I have the Badgers logged in to my mind; a blah team, not Ohio State, not Michigan and definitely not Nebraska back in the day but still a very good Big Ten team. Same with Iowa, I want them to curb stomp the Huskers and leave no doubt who is the better team. I am sick of Husker fans whining about Big 8 this and Big 12 that and GBR and just wait until Frost gets things going then we will compete with Alabama and Clemson and that is the level of team we should have in our conversation not Iowa or Wisconsin or God forbid Minnesota.

It's the curse of Faux Pelini. How can this not be obvious to everyone but me? Maybe this is a vision quest or just the bottle of Cab I drank with my pasta, but they will suck till until Bo is rehired at an exhbortin salary and can do whatever he wants whenever he wants. Until that time, we shall never lose to the children if the corn. So it is written ??

He and Neb can croot fo sure.
It seems that he has less of an emphasis on culture than PJ Fleck does. That is not to say that all Gopher players are saints, as evidenced by that two drinking related arrests we've had in the last two years --- but some of Frost's highly touted recruits have done seriously criminal things. Hopefully we can keep getting high character players as we continue to improve the star rankings of our recruits.

I think some of you are putting into words, what my mind didn't know it was thinking. Huh?
Anyway, I do think my disdain has been since Frosty took over. I used to really like Nebraska because they were one of a handful of teams that could complete with Florida State, Miami, and some other powerhouse teams I hated. "Enemy of my enemy is my friend" I guess is how I felt. That was because Minnesota was such a shitshow for so many years, I needed someone good to cheer for.
Now the Gophs are better than Nebraska, Frost is a douche, and I want him to lose every game. He always came off as the Golden Boy that could do no wrong and had everything given to him. Now he actually has to overcome adversity and he doesn't know how. Just an opinion.

If you believe in the certain predictive values of the rating companies then Frost and his assistants are bad coaches for their W/L record has not been equal to the stars they recruited.
A more logical explanation is that the ratings are conjecture often based on what teams the players select to play for and little else.
NE beat the publicity drums for Frost, he was a one year flash as a coach in FL and had swagger.
But it seems not much depth or talent as a coach.
He and NE deserve each other. He will be there for a while. No one in the NE administration wants to admit they made a bad mistake in what to most natives consider is the most important job in the state.

If you believe in the certain predictive values of the rating companies then Frost and his assistants are bad coaches for their W/L record has not been equal to the stars they recruited.
A more logical explanation is that the ratings are conjecture often based on what teams the players select to play for and little else.
NE beat the publicity drums for Frost, he was a one year flash as a coach in FL and had swagger.
But it seems not much depth or talent as a coach.
He and NE deserve each other. He will be there for a while. No one in the NE administration wants to admit they made a bad mistake in what to most natives consider is the most important job in the state.
Yep, that's how it works. Whatever offers they get, that's their star rating. Just ask Blake Carringer, he'll tell ya all about it.

It is all in the "expectations game". We did the same thing here when Warmath was the coach. Anything less than winning all the time was just not good enough. The same thing will happen to Fleck with the younger fans here. The expectations here are sky high already with those who have not seen this all before. Personally, I want to play the games one at a time.

Here is what I find interesting and I think many people have pointed out the different attitude now toward the Huskers since Frost took over. When WI plays Nebraska I want to see a 52 to 0 game with Nebraska on the losing end. I don't like WI but in my formative years, the pre Alvarez days, the Badgers were blah. That is how I have the Badgers logged in to my mind; a blah team, not Ohio State, not Michigan and definitely not Nebraska back in the day but still a very good Big Ten team. Same with Iowa, I want them to curb stomp the Huskers and leave no doubt who is the better team. I am sick of Husker fans whining about Big 8 this and Big 12 that and GBR and just wait until Frost gets things going then we will compete with Alabama and Clemson and that is the level of team we should have in our conversation not Iowa or Wisconsin or God forbid Minnesota.

Ish!! Hoping Wisconsin would beat anyone is impossible for me. This would be especially true regarding Nebraska which isn't even a real Big Ten team, just Kansas with some better players.

The Big 12 north was specifically set up for Nebraska to win the division, almost every year. Rolling over long time middling programs like Missouri, Kansas, and Iowa St. Colorado had some hay days, as did K-State.

Bo won (or tied for) that division all three years 2008-2010. But Nebraska always had problems competing against the good South teams programs.

They thought they'd steamroll the Big Ten. The divisions were originally setup as the Michigans-Iowa-Nebraska division and the Ohio St-Penn St-Wisconsin division.

Nebraska did win the division once in 2012. But the other three seasons over 2011-2014, they went 5-3 in conference, which includes one year with the current geographic divisions (in 2014).

As you noted, they have really floundered since then.

Top Bottom