Scanlan on U's chances with Seantrel: I do believe sincerely that the U’s back in it

Right direction? Please elaborate.

4 different OC's in 4 seasons
3 different DC's in 4 seasons (if Cosgrove deosn't bail)
0-3 vs. Wisconsin
0-3 vs. Iowa (without scoring a single freakin' point in 2 of those games)
lost to NDSU
recruits bailing left and right
many high ranking recruits can't get admitted each year
players getting arrested left and right
folks in athletic dept. can't stand Brewster

How is this the "riight direction"?

Love the cherry picking in this post.
1 coordinator change was Brew's choice. Love that you somehow insinuate Cosgrove will also leave.:rolleyes: BTW including Mason's coordinators in your numbers is a nice touch

0-6 against our rivals sucks. It really does. We've been extremely competitive in 5 of the 6 games despite having less than stellar personnel, not good enough, but we'll get over the hump soon. Complaining and screaming for coaches heads won't improve the record of the past.

Yep we lost to NDSU in 2007. No Big Ten team has ever been upset by an inferior opponent in its history. Get over it. Our defense was terrible that year for MANY reasons, they had a nice team for an FCS squad in 07.

Recruits have bailed, we've bailed on recruits, other teams have bailed on recruits we've gotten, recruits have bailed on other teams to come here. Welcome to the game of recruiting in 2010.

Many high ranking recruits haven't been admitted? I can think of 3 or 4 I suppose out of 75+ recruits. I also know of many high ranking recruits that have been admitted and will be playing for our team this fall.

Player arrests? Who? Carter and Wynn for minors and Whaley for a nightclub fight. Whaley's gone, Carter was benched against IL, Wynn didn't even play this year. 18-19 year old kids get into trouble. Even good ones.

Folks in the athletic department can't stand Brewster? They couldn't stand Mase either, probably didn't like Wacker. D1 football is a pressure cooker, coaches expect alot I would assume, we should hope Brewster is grinding and working the athletic dept folks day in and day out, that mean he's working hard to improve. I really could care less about some secretary's feelings. Don't like your boss, leave. Otherwise do your frickin job and shut up.

bankonit, don't let these guys strip you of your optimism, you might be out there a bit, but who cares? Be proud of your football team, look on the bright side, let them wallow in their pits of "realism".

As for Seantrell, everyone has to hope he shares bankonit's attitude, and is excited to join coach Brewster in improving this team to new levels. He could go a long way towards getting local fans to share bankonit's attitude and starting to support this program with their hearts, minds, and wallets.

Right direction? Please elaborate.

4 different OC's in 4 seasons
3 different DC's in 4 seasons (if Cosgrove deosn't bail)
0-3 vs. Wisconsin
0-3 vs. Iowa (without scoring a single freakin' point in 2 of those games)
lost to NDSU
recruits bailing left and right
many high ranking recruits can't get admitted each year
players getting arrested left and right
folks in athletic dept. can't stand Brewster

How is this the "riight direction"?

I've read other posts that stated that people in athletic dept. don't like/can't stand Brew, but I don't recall anyone giving any examples. Can anyone elaborate about this.

I've read other posts that stated that people in athletic dept. don't like/can't stand Brew, but I don't recall anyone giving any examples. Can anyone elaborate about this.

Funny isn't it. Heresay and rumors from folks who love to bash our current coaches. Nobody will be able to elaborate, they might add to the negative speculation with some other allegation though.

Pretty pathetic that every thread turns into this garbage. Certain people either need to grow up or leave.

I love Brewster because Brewster is our coach. He is giving us an opportunity to play the best of the best. An opportunity, that is all. What more can you ask for? Give the guy some time.

Funny isn't it. Heresay and rumors from folks who love to bash our current coaches. Nobody will be able to elaborate, they might add to the negative speculation with some other allegation though.

Even if it is true I don't see how it should matter or why we should even care about how random people in the athletic dept feel.

Even if it is true I don't see how it should matter or why we should even care about how random people in the athletic dept feel.

Let's try to reclaim the thread.

My thoughts on all the Seantrell stuff.
Coach Brewster has been great in reestablishing respect and support to CDH, many walkons and good faith scholarships to that program. Coach Scanlon has been great in reciprocating, his wearing of Gopher attire to the prep playoffs a few years back was great.
I don't know Coach Scanlon, but by his appearance and style, I don't see him as the type to blow smoke.
Seantrell seems to have alot of buddies at the U and that has to help, he can battle side by side with them on the field and hang with them off it, he wouldn't have many old freinds at Miami or OSU.
Ultimately if he feels he can develop under an established NFL offensive line guy like Davis, and he can make a difference to a program that has been pretty middle of the road, why not come here? Minnesota takes care of their own, Joe Mauer and Matt Birk were CDH alums who became fan favorites and Minnesota sports fixtures. Seantrell can too. Establish himself as an elite Big Ten lineman like Joe Thomas and in 3-4 years he'll be a top 5 pick for the Vikings:D

bankonit, don't let these guys strip you of your optimism, you might be out there a bit, but who cares? Be proud of your football team, look on the bright side, let them wallow in their pits of "realism".

As for Seantrell, everyone has to hope he shares bankonit's attitude, and is excited to join coach Brewster in improving this team to new levels. He could go a long way towards getting local fans to share bankonit's attitude and starting to support this program with their hearts, minds, and wallets.

+1

Bankonit, you are absolutely delusional!! Welcome to my ignore button. Every post you create is a complete waste of everyone's time.

Please update us daily with the status of your ignore list. You know, because anyone cares.

Let's try to reclaim the thread.

My thoughts on all the Seantrell stuff.
Coach Brewster has been great in reestablishing respect and support to CDH, many walkons and good faith scholarships to that program. Coach Scanlon has been great in reciprocating, his wearing of Gopher attire to the prep playoffs a few years back was great.
I don't know Coach Scanlon, but by his appearance and style, I don't see him as the type to blow smoke.
Seantrell seems to have alot of buddies at the U and that has to help, he can battle side by side with them on the field and hang with them off it, he wouldn't have many old freinds at Miami or OSU.
Ultimately if he feels he can develop under an established NFL offensive line guy like Davis, and he can make a difference to a program that has been pretty middle of the road, why not come here? Minnesota takes care of their own, Joe Mauer and Matt Birk were CDH alums who became fan favorites and Minnesota sports fixtures. Seantrell can too. Establish himself as an elite Big Ten lineman like Joe Thomas and in 3-4 years he'll be a top 5 pick for the Vikings:D

I like that we are still in the hunt from people who he has been closely involved with in the last few years (coaches). Brew has done a great job of turning around poor relationships with CDH, EP and other high school programs.

I am not stupid enough to think that everything is Rosie in Gopher Nation, But I don't understand how constantly saying Brewster is terrible and should be fired and no great recruit will ever come here and we will never be more than a middle of the road Big Ten team helps anything.

Also When an 18 year old kid reads an article in the Star Tribune about himself and scrolls down and reads all the comments calling the program a joke and Brewster a blowhard you think that has Zero effect on his decision making process?

Give the Gophers players and coaches a chance and believe things will be better

I am not stupid enough to think that everything is Rosie in Gopher Nation, But I don't understand how constantly saying Brewster is terrible and should be fired and no great recruit will ever come here and we will never be more than a middle of the road Big Ten team helps anything.

Also When an 18 year old kid reads an article in the Star Tribune about himself and scrolls down and reads all the comments calling the program a joke and Brewster a blowhard you think that has Zero effect on his decision making process?

One guy who always tries to take Brewster's side, sometimes to the point of absurdity versus 10-15 guys who attack Brewster (and sometimes Maturi) always to the point of absurdity?

You're MORE then bearable bankonit.

+1

LOL. You clearly didn't pay attention to Mason's track record. He was an arrogant jerk to all the MN HS coaches and they in turn all hated him. Respect is a two way street and Mason never showed any to the area's coaches, so why would they give any support to him?

Basically true if not completely true (which no one can really say I guess). Mason managed to p.o. a lot of folks in the Minnesota high school football hierarchy.

100% correct, sir.

P.S. It also doesn't help that the TC area has a ton of Iowa and Wisconsin dirtballs there who LOVE to post constantly on the STrib site. It's not all Gopher fans saying that, but the sad truth is that many of them are. This coming, however, from the guy who "knew" the Vikings would find a way to lose even as they drove into game-winning-FG territory - I think Minnesotans have had their hearts broken so many times that the negative feeling just pervades life now.

100% correct, sir.

P.S. It also doesn't help that the TC area has a ton of Iowa and Wisconsin dirtballs there who LOVE to post constantly on the STrib site. It's not all Gopher fans saying that, but the sad truth is that many of them are. This coming, however, from the guy who "knew" the Vikings would find a way to lose even as they drove into game-winning-FG territory - I think Minnesotans have had their hearts broken so many times that the negative feeling just pervades life now.

Its going to take a lot to get over the heart broken mind set thats for sure. I would prefer the positive outlook though. Easy to be a pisser and moaner all the time.

My thoughts on all the Seantrell stuff...
Minnesota takes care of their own, Joe Mauer and Matt Birk were CDH alums who became fan favorites and Minnesota sports fixtures. Seantrell can too. Establish himself as an elite Big Ten lineman like Joe Thomas and in 3-4 years he'll be a top 5 pick for the Vikings:D

So....you're sayin' the Vikings will be picking in the top 5 of the NFL draft in a few years...:rolleyes::rolleyes::p

I don't know if this has been posted before, but this pundit says Ohio State in the lead, followed by USC and Iowa. He quotes Henderson as saying a coaching change at USC doesn't affect his decision. I could have sworn I heard him say at the Army game that it did. So who knows.

For what it is worth, lots of other information about Henderson in this article that I didn't know. For example, his parents say they will move to where he plays and find new jobs. Interesting, hope the recession doesn't affect that.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/54EISw...mmitted--where-will-seantrel-henderson-go.htm

I don't know if this has been posted before, but this pundit says Ohio State in the lead, followed by USC and Iowa. He quotes Henderson as saying a coaching change at USC doesn't affect his decision. I could have sworn I heard him say at the Army game that it did. So who knows.

For what it is worth, lots of other information about Henderson in this article that I didn't know. For example, his parents say they will move to where he plays and find new jobs. Interesting, hope the recession doesn't affect that.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/54EISw...mmitted--where-will-seantrel-henderson-go.htm

If he goes to USC they won't have to worry about that with the income USC will provide them. Well that, and when his dad drops his dope beats and rhymes it is bound to go platinum.

Nice to see my Grandpa got a job with maxpreps. That guy might be older than Sid.

If he goes to USC they won't have to worry about that with the income USC will provide them. Well that, and when his dad drops his dope beats and rhymes it is bound to go platinum.
Maybe they could live in Reggie Bush's old house.

Glad if Seantrel was there to see the Mauer event...I was keeping an eye out at the event, but didn't see him. Sounds like he was there per the Joe Schmidt Twitter, at least for awhile. Hopefully he can see the kind of future love and support he can have in the Twin Cities if he stays at home. If he goes to USC I guarantee five-ten years from now ESPN won't be coming back and covering him at Cretin if he goes to USC. Wouldn't generate nearly enough support. Mauer was hailed all-interview long as a hero of Minnesota, St. Paul's golden child. Seantrel, hope you were watching.

CDH coach has always been positive about Brewster and encouraged his athletes to go to the U. Obviously that is a good thing. I think our chances of landing Seantrel are slim to none with slim heading out the door. It would be nice to land the top kid in MN for once.

CDH coach has always been positive about Brewster and encouraged his athletes to go to the U. Obviously that is a good thing. I think our chances of landing Seantrel are slim to none with slim heading out the door. It would be nice to land the top kid in MN for once.

If only we would have hired Hohensee.

I agree as i've given up on him coming to Minnesota months ago. I don't blame any of it on Brew specifically, because if I was in SH's shoes and had my choice of any school I doubt I would end up at Minnesota.

Glad if Seantrel was there to see the Mauer event...I was keeping an eye out at the event, but didn't see him. Sounds like he was there per the Joe Schmidt Twitter, at least for awhile. Hopefully he can see the kind of future love and support he can have in the Twin Cities if he stays at home. If he goes to USC I guarantee five-ten years from now ESPN won't be coming back and covering him at Cretin if he goes to USC. Wouldn't generate nearly enough support. Mauer was hailed all-interview long as a hero of Minnesota, St. Paul's golden child. Seantrel, hope you were watching.

Mauer committed to FSU before signing to play baseball. Apparently that didn't hurt his stature in the state of MN.

Mauer committed to FSU before signing to play baseball. Apparently that didn't hurt his stature in the state of MN.

How very true and quite seriously, it shows that Mauer has at least in the past, shown he's determination to go where he feels the best team, and situation lies for him, without any real thought to the home town team. Anybody that said "he chose FSU because it was better for him" has a solid point and they'd be major hypocrites to go after him now for signing elsewhere.

It seems like that has changed, but there is a real chance that he could look favorably on not just the Yankees or Boston but the Dodgers as well. It certainly looks like the Dodgers, who I can't stand by the way, will have an easier run through their Division then the Twins will for the next few years. The contract money would probably be the same at all three places but the local endorsement money could be a major difference.

I think he'll stay but let's play the "home town team" bit down a little for the guy. Who knows if CDH was even his neighborhood team in the first place.

Bad analogy. IF the Twins pick Mark Prior and Mauer goes to the Cubs and is playing as well there as he is here, there is still no chance he carries the same stature in Minnesota as #7 does today. Surely you aren't suggesting that FSN would be playing Cubbie games and every kid in town would be wearing Cub gear ala Mauer Twins gear. He may have been big in Chi-town but most likely not at the level he is here. A huge part of the Mauer story is the local boy makes good angle. Short of playing in NYC or Boston, this is where he gets the biggest stage. If anything, your argument shows how this town will embrace SH if he chooses to come here. The only way SH gets anywhere near Mauer is to play for the (real, not new Thug one in Coral Gables) "U" or play elsewhere and get drafted by the purple, otherwise he's a slightly more notable Trevor Laws for the locals.

Top Bottom