Save the last scholorship!

Reaction score
please dont burn it on Ingram. He might be a nice role player but I really dont like when Tubby gets into desperation mode. Save it for next year so we can have 3 with Ralph and Trevor being the others. We need to start building some even classes numbers wise....

Seriously, we already have 5 bigs, 6 if you want to include rodney who could play PF in a pinch. Why not give it to Dawson for a year, because hes been working hard, and then save it for 2012 class. If we take 2 Chip/Ahanmisi's every year were screwed cause they're the only ones who stay

If we use Colts scholarship on a JC player it does not really affect our scholarship balance; either the junior or senior classes are going to have only two players.
Freshmen Oto Osenieks, Elliott Eliason, Joe Coleman, Andre Hollins
Sophomores Austin Hollins, Maurice Walker, Maverick Ahanmisi, Chip Armelin
Juniors Julian Welch, Rodney Williams, (Colts Scholarship add JC player)
Seniors Ralph Sampson III, Trevor Mbakwe, (Colts Scholarship save for 2012)

Save nothing... someone will go pro, transfer or be shown the door.

Still, I'd rather hold schollies and get good players than reach for subpar talent now.

I assume the staff knows more about who's leaving than I do. It's possible that they already know someone other than Colton is not going to be back. That said, at some point we need to bite the bullet and play a year 1-2 scholly's short rather than adding players in the Spring. I'd much rather have another scholarship to add to the 2012 class at this point than bring in another JUCO with questionable offers.

We've got Halvorsen and Dawson as end of the bench emergency guys, so I don't think it hurts to be down 1 scholarship player. On the other hand, if we're losing Trevor, then we probably do need to add a JUCO big to patch the roster.

Rodney is leaving for the draft after next year anyways he's gonna be a lottery pick ;)

Top Bottom