Save the $3 million

Reaction score
Buyout would cost $3 million and new coaching staff probably adds millions more.

Keep Claeys, keep all the assistant coaches, and hire 3-4 more strength and conditioning coaches.
S @ C coaches would have more impact on the field than a new coach and save $2.5 million.

All these buyouts keep the program in penny pinching mode for years after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+08

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Buyout would cost $3 million and new coaching staff probably adds millions more.

Keep Claeys, keep all the assistant coaches, and hire 3-4 more strength and conditioning coaches.
S @ C coaches would have more impact on the field than a new coach and save $2.5 million.

So...since they are limited on the number of coaches, who do you suggest they get rid of to make room for those 3-4 S&C coaches.

So...since they are limited on the number of coaches, who do you suggest they get rid of to make room for those 3-4 S&C coaches.

I don't know all the details, but may only be limited in coaches on the field. Mason was talking on KFAN about how teams can now hire a bunch of really good coaches and "hide" them as "quality control", etc. He called it the new arms race.

You are dumb if you think a S and C coach is more important than a head coach

Idk, I'd find a replacement for WR coach....

I don't know all the details, but may only be limited in coaches on the field. Mason was talking on KFAN about how teams can now hire a bunch of really good coaches and "hide" them as "quality control", etc. He called it the new arms race.

Analysts, they call them analysts.

You are dumb if you think a S and C coach is more important than a head coach

Save the insults for Badger fans.
A new head coach with the same limitations will get the same results. See Tubby Smith.

With "donations"?

You're going to need $3 million more in donations to pay the buyout.
Get ready for years of, "we could hire better assistants if we weren't still paying the buyout." Or, "we could increase the recruiting budget if it weren't for those buyouts we were still paying."

I just think this coaching staff and more budget, you get bigger lift than gambling on a new coach.

Top Bottom