Saturday Weather?

TAW

Reaction score
First off, it's so nice to have to ask what the weather forecast is before traveling to Minnesota for a college football game! I clearly recall watching games in the snow at Memorial Stadium (although the cold factor has probably dimmed over the years).

Is there snow on the ground up there? Are boots, raingear, winter coats needed? Mind you, we will be tailgating before/after the game and I am old, so factor that into your recommendations.

Thanks!

Well, the current forecast shows a high of about 50-52 being reached in early afternoon/right around kickoff. It'll be in the 30's when the tailgate lots open. Should be somewhat sunny at least. I'm in Madison, so I don't know what the "on the ground" report is for snow right now though if there is some I'm sure it will be melted by Sat.

If it's not windy then the forecast is very similar to the Iowa game. For that I wore jeans and a thermal dry fit layer with a T-shirt and a sweatshirt over that. No winter hat or gloves. I was fine. Where are your seats? I'm betting the benches will be colder for this game then for previous ones so you should probably keep that in mind.

Yet another gameday with perfect weather for Minneapolis. Obviously this year we've been blessed and our last game may still prove to be horrid, but this is exactly what we were looking for with an outdoor stadium.

Add to that we are lucky to get a 2:30 kickoff (B1G seems to be providing more and more of these, thankfully) so tailgating won't be frigid in the early morning. Start around 9-10, should be perfect.

No snow on the ground and have yet to see a flake in the air in Minneapolis.

Yes, as others have said it is looking like a perfect mid-November day in store for the game on Saturday. The weather has been absolutely perfect for every home Gopher game this year.

There was plenty of snow flying this morning while I stood waiting for a campus shuttle. It's sufficiently warm so that nothing will stick, though. It's supposed to be great weather on Saturday for the game.

We could use some rain to slow that UW run.
I don't think a little snow will do that. And since our O's chances are based on passing I think good weather is a better thing to hope for.

First off, it's so nice to have to ask what the weather forecast is before traveling to Minnesota for a college football game! I clearly recall watching games in the snow at Memorial Stadium (although the cold factor has probably dimmed over the years).

Is there snow on the ground up there? Are boots, raingear, winter coats needed? Mind you, we will be tailgating before/after the game and I am old, so factor that into your recommendations.

Thanks!

it's called the internet. you know google, weather.com, etc. use it! and no, there isn't any snow in minneapolis. i heard there is plenty of cold and snow in weeeeskonsin though. must suck.

well, generally anything having to do with weeeskonsin makes things suck, so i guess i just answered my own question.

TAW.........TAW. :)

weather.com is now saying high of 59 for tomorrow, partly sunny in the morning and mostly cloudy in the afternoon. 0% chance of rain.

Top Bottom