Same Story as Last Year, Cant Shoot!

gophermanic

Banned
Reaction score
34% FG pct and 3-20 from three is just plain putrid. 59% from the free throw line too.:rolleyes:

Another great performance from Blake also, 0-4 three, he makes Jamal Abu-Shamala look good.

Portland has a chance at an at-large bid, but they will not beat Gonzaga in the WCC.

When Tubby learns that a team has to be able to score and not just play defense, we will contend for a B10 championship.

Yea and what hes trying to say is that Tubby needs to recruit shooters not just athletes that can turn into great D players.. The states full of great shooters Mike Felt for example

Yea and what hes trying to say is that Tubby needs to recruit shooters not just athletes that can turn into great D players.. The states full of great shooters Mike Felt for example

I was at that NDSU game tonight. I think Felt was 0-5 from 3. STUD!

One bad game.. hes a freshman and doin pretty damn well. Im not sayin we should have him im just saying that if there is something this state produces out of high school basketball its guys that can hit the J and thats what we are lacking right now.

I just brought this case up in another thread also that we need scorers . . like Justin Stommes in '07. We need guys who can score through a variety of moves and shots not just dribble by against of high schoolers and dunk on them!

He really has one recruiting class playing for him right now: two are centers, one is suspended, one was a great shooter in high school, and one if just a terrible shooter. The current freshmen class would look much better at full strength, can't exactly plan on that. And we have Hollins coming in, and hopefully another good shooter in Joseph.

Patience, working the ball, and taking the shots they want will correct this. They hurried their shots at the end. I thought they forced it a little bit. Had a chance though, great defense at the end.

They had the time, I wish they would have gone inside more in the last 90 seconds.

34% FG pct and 3-20 from three is just plain putrid. 59% from the free throw line too.:rolleyes:

Another great performance from Blake also, 0-4 three, he makes Jamal Abu-Shamala look good.

Portland has a chance at an at-large bid, but they will not beat Gonzaga in the WCC.

When Tubby learns that a team has to be able to score and not just play defense, we will contend for a B10 championship.

In the Gophers' first 4 games, they were shooting 50% FG and 41% on 3-pt FG.

Last night, they shot considerably lower in both categories. Some props to Portland defense are in order but poor shooting night for Gophers, either way.

Good Lord, we scored over 80 points the night before against a good Butler team. It's early in the season and we just played on back to back nights. You're going to have bad shooting nights once in awhile especially early on when their stamina isn't quite there yet.

I swear we could shoot 80% in five straight games, then only shoot 35% in the 6th game, and people would be saying we are a terrible shooting team.

Good Lord, we scored over 80 points the night before against a good Butler team. It's early in the season and we just played on back to back nights. You're going to have bad shooting nights once in awhile especially early on when their stamina isn't quite there yet.

I swear we could shoot 80% in five straight games, then only shoot 35% in the 6th game, and people would be saying we are a terrible shooting team.

But, But, But GophersInIowa....didn't you know that we need to be perfect in every possession in every game, every night in order to please the ""experts"" who probably never played the game themselves?

Dr. Don- the game we play now is alot different then the one you played with crates for buckets and granny shots.. if we are going to be a top 10 program we do need to be better offensively and that starts with tubbys recruiting and more importantly offensive scheme and i dont see one.

Auggie...I have forgotten more about the game of basketball than you ever have or ever will know. The personnal insults to me are garbage from a no-name.

Get off your fat lazy azz and put on your jockstrap then, and get out there yourself.

This is the first bad shooting game Blake has had this season and this is our first set of games where we aren't shooting at the Barn. Our poor FG% was more a product of our poor shot selection than our actual shooting, even though we did shoot a sub-par game, that's going to happen. Against Butler we worked it inside to Colton instead of having Ralph take turn around J's, and DJ drove to the hoop against Butler, instead of taking deep 2's. We've got a lot of work to do, but we'll be fine once we take higher percentage shots (we made out comeback once Al started going to the hoop, which in turn got him to the line and raised our FT% for the game, which was also poor)

Dr.Don- if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen you started the insult of my basketball knowledge.. My knowledge is far superior to yours even if youve seen more granny shots in your day.. typical know it all that tries to cover up his lack of knowledge with insults :)

All i know about bad shooting is that devoe should be barred from taking 3's in the first half. i think hes 0% first half then like 60-70% second half ..lol

Top Bottom