Same day Sun Country flight down and baćk

Gopher53

Reaction score
A few of us are on the Sun Country flight heading down early and going home after the game. How are people getting to the game from the airport? Cab?
Is there any sort of shuttle service that people are using or recommend?
Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks and go gophers!

A few of us are on the Sun Country flight heading down early and going home after the game. How are people getting to the game from the airport? Cab?

Thanks and go gophers!

Cannot speak for others as I am all but certain(possible work monkey wrench/ should know by tomorrow) I will be flying into Jacksonville the night of the 31st and driving down the morning of the 1st. I don't see why I couldn't swing by the airport and pick up a Gopher fan, maybe two. Not sure what a sub-compact will fit. The only problem for me is I will have to leave right after the game to get back to Jacksonville to catch the flight back to MSP.

Private Message me if interested.

I am now a lock! Looks like My economy car can squeeze in 3 riders, plus four bags..

Cannot speak for others as I am all but certain(possible work monkey wrench/ should know by tomorrow) I will be flying into Jacksonville the night of the 31st and driving down the morning of the 1st. I don't see why I couldn't swing by the airport and pick up a Gopher fan, maybe two. Not sure what a sub-compact will fit. The only problem for me is I will have to leave right after the game to get back to Jacksonville to catch the flight back to MSP.

Private Message me if interested.

Now this a Golden Gopher fan stepping up to the plate for his fellow Gophers. Great gesture on your part STPGopher. Hope the offer of transportation/a ride (even if it is only to the game from the airport) can work for all of you guys involved. Cheers and have a great trip.

Go Gophers! Ski-U-Mah! Beat Missouri!

Thanks and go gophers!

Does anyone have any experience with Sunrail? is it a viable option to get from the airport area to the various events?

Does anyone have any experience with Sunrail? is it a viable option to get from the airport area to the various events?

You can grab a bus at the airport that takes you to the sunrail stop that is about a mile from airport - take it to Church St Station and then the walk to the stadium is about 1.2 miles.

You can grab a bus at the airport that takes you to the sunrail stop that is about a mile from airport - take it to Church St Station and then the walk to the stadium is about 1.2 miles.

There is a free Citrus Bowl shuttle Bus which will be running from Downtown to the Stadium. It has a pickup close to the Church St. rail station.

There is a free Citrus Bowl shuttle Bus which will be running from Downtown to the Stadium. It has a pickup close to the Church St. rail station.

Don't think the shuttle and sunrail are integrated...the wait for the shuttle might be longer than the 25 minute walk to the stadium. I know some people have said it isn't a good neighborhood but that is relative. It isn't a good neighborhood for Orlando, not Mpls. Its mostly light industrial stuff...nothing to worry about during the day.

I made an earlier post about the downtown Orlando Shuttle that did not have the link, but the main BWW Citrus Bowl page shows the shuttle map and remember that you need to scroll to the bottom of the page to see the map. I am on the 6:15 AM Sun Country flight that arrives a little after 10AM, EST.

http://buffalowildwingscitrusbowl.com/parking.aspx

My plan is to drive my rental car to the garages, by the downtown Orlando Magic Arena- Amway Center, pay $10 and ride the shuttle to the game. I do not want to pay $32 to park at the stadium,, then deal with traffic, and still get my luggage stolen from the trunk, so this downtown parking option is probably a good plan. I have a hotel room down by Pointe Orlando on So. International Bvld., but there is not enough time to head there before the game and try to get an early check in, or free shuttle ride to the Citrus Bowl. I may still try to see if the hotel will agree to take me to the Stadium by free shuttle if I get there around 11 AM.

If the transition at the airport goes well I can possibly have a few beers by the Amway Center, downtown Orlando before heading for the Stadium, Since the pregame pepfest where our Minnesota MB plays is a pay for access even (very costly) and I do not have time to go to the UMAA even a Lorna Doone Park, this is looking like a good plan. If I hit a delay at any point, I'll find a cab an pay to get a direct ride to the stadium so I can ensure we are in stadium when the Minnesota and Missouri Bands hit the field.

Does anyone know if the full Marching Band is going to appear at the Lorna Doone Park UMAA event? The materials available are very unclear on that point, but it is clear the that Big Ten Band is contractually obligated to play very costly "hospitality" pavilion on the SW corner of the stadium with the Mizzery Band.

I made an earlier post about the downtown Orlando Shuttle that did not have the link, but the main BWW Citrus Bowl page shows the shuttle map and remember that you need to scroll to the bottom of the page to see the map. I am on the 6:15 AM Sun Country flight that arrives a little after 10AM, EST.

http://buffalowildwingscitrusbowl.com/parking.aspx

My plan is to drive my rental car to the garages, by the downtown Orlando Magic Arena- Amway Center, pay $10 and ride the shuttle to the game. I do not want to pay $32 to park at the stadium,, then deal with traffic, and still get my luggage stolen from the trunk, so this downtown parking option is probably a good plan. I have a hotel room down by Pointe Orlando on So. International Bvld., but there is not enough time to head there before the game and try to get an early check in, or free shuttle ride to the Citrus Bowl. I may still try to see if the hotel will agree to take me to the Stadium by free shuttle if I get there around 11 AM.

If the transition at the airport goes well I can possibly have a few beers by the Amway Center, downtown Orlando before heading for the Stadium, Since the pregame pepfest where our Minnesota MB plays is a pay for access even (very costly) and I do not have time to go to the UMAA even a Lorna Doone Park, this is looking like a good plan. If I hit a delay at any point, I'll find a cab an pay to get a direct ride to the stadium so I can ensure we are in stadium when the Minnesota and Missouri Bands hit the field.

Does anyone know if the full Marching Band is going to appear at the Lorna Doone Park UMAA event? The materials available are very unclear on that point, but it is clear the that Big Ten Band is contractually obligated to play very costly "hospitality" pavilion on the SW corner of the stadium with the Mizzery Band.

Thanks for the info. Now that I am a lock to make it to the Citrus Bowl, I may end up mimicking you. Well except that I will be driving in in from Jacksonville early in the morning. All of this will depend on if I go solo, or pick up riders.

I'm on the flight down in the morning with a couple others and we plan on just taking a cab to the tail gate when we land. If we could get a couple other gopher fans and all split a mini van taxi it would be fairly cheap. Its only 12ish miles to the stadium so maybe a $35 taxi ride? split between 3-5 people will be pretty cheap and then we get dropped off right at the tail gate. This assumes the orlando airport has the same type of taxi pick up spot that MSP has with various types of taxi's.

We have a group of six leaving about 9 from an airport area hotel Doubletree I think. If you can get there and there is a taxi big enough, join in.

We've got 4 on the 6:15 Sun Country flight from Mpls.
If people want to share a cab/van/shuttle to the game we'd be open to that.
Anybody know if there's other bar/restaurant options near the stadium?

Top Bottom