Samad Hides Commits

Does this mean the Gophers have given up on Will Johnson?

GI says Cain and Minnesota.scout says Hinds. I think Hinds is correct. Cain was a saftey at the U from a while back.

ESPN has him as a 6'5" 3-star.
Rivals has him as a 6'4" 2-star
Scout has him as a 6'3" 1-star.

Find his true height and you'll know his true ranking. Personally, I hope he's 6'7".

Welcome Samad!
From the same high school as Josh Ballesteros, and a couple of other Gopher recruites. Jerry Kill has his own pipelines.
Coach em up Jerry, raw talent.

I'm thinking/hoping that he is a WR recruit in this offense. Meaning we still have a big opportunity and opening for Will.

Sonnygarcia, ESPN has Hinds as running a 5.09 forty, so if that number is anywhere close to accurate he's a TE.

ESPN has him as a 6'5" 3-star.
Rivals has him as a 6'4" 2-star
Scout has him as a 6'3" 1-star.

Find his true height and you'll know his true ranking. Personally, I hope he's 6'7".

A 1 star on scout means he hasn't been evaluated yet. I think he looks taller than 6'3 in his video. Rivals rates hinds a a 5.4 2 star:

5.4-5.0 Division I prospect; considered a mid-major prospect; deemed to have limited pro potential but definite Division I prospect; may be more of a role player

ESPN rates him as a 77 which is a little better on their scale than what rivals thinks of him as a prospect.

I'm thinking/hoping that he is a WR recruit in this offense. Meaning we still have a big opportunity and opening for Will.

I don't think this kid will have any effect on the recruitment of Will Johnson. We run an offense that needs a lot of TE/HBack type players who do different things and it sounds like the skillsets of Hides and Johnson couldn't be more different.

I'm also of the belief that Will Johnson ends up at OT.

Now, about Hides and his 40 times and height...i obviously have no idea. However, I do know that he is considered Division 1 basketball prospect as a SF/SG. I am just making an assumption here, but I don't think many D1 basketball players (especially wings) are going to run an over 5.00 40.

Welcome aboard!

The kid has really good ball skill and jumping ability. A few quicks in the open field.
Really raw, but has definite potential.
I think Kill had mentioned they were going to recruit 3 TE's, so as long as they consider Liedner a QB, there's still a spot for Johnson.

anyone who has St. Lunatics as the track song in their highlight video is alright with me. welcome aboard.

Really raw

Sometimes he's real, sometimes he's raw...sometimes he's real raw.

I seem to remember us taking on another basketball player with scant football experience a few years back...some kid by the name of Dijon McWhite, or something like that. He turned out ok as I recall.

I seem to remember us taking on another basketball player with scant football experience a few years back...some kid by the name of Dijon McWhite, or something like that. He turned out ok as I recall.

LOL...always nice to start the day off with a chuckle.

Anyways....welcome to Gold Country sir!!

Dijon McWhite...isn't that the name for the new all-white spicy chicken sandwich at McDonalds?

I'm not worried about his 40 time. Watch his video, he's a beast. Looks like he moves pretty damn well for his size.

Dijon McWhite...isn't that the name for the new all-white spicy chicken sandwich at McDonalds?

josh087, I can't wait until we recruit a guy whose last name is Mc$hit. That guy would be a McDonald's All-American.

He looks much faster than a 5.1 in his highlights; I always question those 40 times from the websites.

He looks much faster than a 5.1 in his highlights; I always question those 40 times from the websites.

Yep, I would be shocked if that is accurate. I saw some basketball recruiting info about him and they described him as being really athletic, excelling in transition, etc. I doubt any kid who is a legit Division 1 basketball prospect as a SG/SF who excells in transition could possibly run a 5.1 40.

He sort of reminds me of a quicker version of Frank Veldman (who I wouldn't have mind getting an offer last year).

They are about the same size and will probably grow into a position of being a large and not that fast WR or a smallish and real athletic TE who excells in the red zone.

I've seen people quoting him saying he runs a 4.7 for what it's worth.

At first glance his reel does not get me very excited. The good news is that when I initially evaluate recruits as I have this one, they usually turn out to be exciting, productive players. Welcome aboard!

Top Bottom