Safety Kendarian Handy-Holly commits!

Few on this site have an agenda more obvious than yours Johnnyboy. Is 2 wins too much to expect next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What agenda? If my agenda is supporting the new coach than so be it. I don't know who's going to be playing on the team next year so like I said I don't know to expect. Sorry for supporting the new coach and not being a fan of losing every rivalry game I repent.

What agenda? If my agenda is supporting the new coach than so be it. I don't know who's going to be playing on the team next year so like I said I don't know to expect. Sorry for supporting the new coach and not being a fan of losing every rivalry game I repent.

Except we should all be ok losing those rivalry games next year, because of "culture change", right?

Except we should all be ok losing those rivalry games next year, because of "culture change", right?

Don't know if culture change is the right phrase but a new offensive and defensive scheme would be right. But that being said I expect Fleck will win at least one rivalry game next year!

Oh I have it's all the same Fleck better get 9 wins or he sucks over and over again. With an occasional his recruiting is overrated and Coyle and Kaler need to be fired. Forgot the Claeys is the best coach ever and the Fleck isn't a proven coach bits.

He's a perceived great head coach (offense especially), with a great staff, a lot talented players, better facilities, better resources. Never said he sucks, never said Claeys was the best coach ever. His recruiting at WMU was absolutely overrated. It's a fact that his #1 ranked classes in the MAC were ranked below classes of his predecessor. MAC recruiting ranks have been down for several years.

No reason not to expect eight regular season wins. Won't be the end of the world if the Gophs dont, I won't want PJ fired, but I will be disappointed.

It won't change my expectations for 2018 (9-10 wins) and 2019...where there is a chance to run the table.

Yes, those two need to find new employment.

He's a perceived great head coach (offense especially), with a great staff, a lot talented players, better facilities, better resources. Never said he sucks, never said Claeys was the best coach ever. His recruiting at WMU was absolutely overrated. It's a fact that his #1 ranked classes in the MAC were ranked below classes of his predecessor. MAC recruiting ranks have been down for several years.

No reason not to expect eight regular season wins. Won't be the end of the world if the Gophs dont, I won't want PJ fired, but I will be disappointed.

It won't change my expectations for 2018 (9-10 wins) and 2019...where there is a chance to run the table.

Yes, those two need to find new employment.

Having the best class in the MAC is overrated to you. So every recruiting expert saying his recruiting was impressive to WMU and Minnesota should be overshadowed because you say so got it. Getting to the Cotton Bowl was overrated as well right?

You keep throwing out eight wins but you don't know who will be on the team next year if every player gets their suspensions/expolsion recommendations lifted than eight wins is a reasonable expectation sure.

Having the best class in the MAC is overrated to you. So every recruiting expert saying his recruiting was impressive to WMU and Minnesota should be overshadowed because you say so got it. Getting to the Cotton Bowl was overrated as well right?

You keep throwing out eight wins but you don't know who will be on the team next year if every player gets their suspensions/expolsion recommendations lifted than eight wins is a reasonable expectation sure.

It not me just saying it...it's a fact. Go look. The MAC recruiting classes have been lower overall the last few years, and his top rated classes have been part of that...and below classes of WMU's previous recruiting classes. Again, go look.

Yes, it is. Even if none of the suspended players return, almost 80% from last year are returning. Not going to again list all the talented players who, over the last 3-4 years, have emerged off the bench to be impact players...including freshmen...either starting or getting a lot of playing time.

I'm not worried. Plenty of talent for PJ and his staff to work with. I also

It not me just saying it...it's a fact. Go look. The MAC recruiting classes have been lower overall the last few years, and his top rated classes have been part of that...and below classes of WMU's previous recruiting classes. Again, go look.

Yes, it is. Even if none of the suspended players return, almost 80% from last year are returning. Not going to again list all the talented players who, over the last 3-4 years, have emerged off the bench to be impact players...including freshmen...either starting or getting a lot of playing time.

I'm not worried. Plenty of talent for PJ and his staff to work with. I also

2009: 5th in Mac 94th Nationally
2010: 4th in Mac 96th Nationally
2011: 2nd in Mac 82nd Nationally
2012: 5th in Mac 95th Nationally

Fleck Era
2013: 7th in Mac 112th Nationally
2014: 1st in Mac 71st Nationally
2015: 1st in Mac 76th Nationally
2016: 1st in Mac 71st Nationally

So now I've proven that your facts aren't facts your entire point about recruiting has been proven false. I'm not sure where you got that the previous regime before him at WMU had some great classes but you're wrong.

The Gophers have good returning talent at Linebacker and Running Back that's about it. The more you say that the team has some great returning talent all around the field is just blatantly false. The D-line, O-Line, Tight End should all be decent and shouldn't hold the team back. The other positions are huge question marks unless the previous coaches failed to properly use Quarterbacks and Wide Receivers talents.

Where are you sources? The data seems to be against you.

2009: 5th in Mac 94th Nationally
2010: 4th in Mac 96th Nationally
2011: 2nd in Mac 82nd Nationally
2012: 5th in Mac 95th Nationally

Fleck Era
2013: 7th in Mac 112th Nationally
2014: 1st in Mac 71st Nationally
2015: 1st in Mac 76th Nationally
2016: 1st in Mac 71st Nationally

So now I've proven that your facts aren't facts your entire point about recruiting has been proven false. I'm not sure where you got that the previous regime before him at WMU had some great classes but you're wrong.

The Gophers have good returning talent at Linebacker and Running Back that's about it. The more you say that the team has some great returning talent all around the field is just blatantly false. The D-line, O-Line, Tight End should all be decent and shouldn't hold the team back. The other positions are huge question marks unless the previous coaches failed to properly use Quarterbacks and Wide Receivers talents.

Additional data from 247, Wikipedia, and the theredzone.org.
Year Natl, MAC, AVG, Attend, record, following draft

2005 88, 3, .7684, 18,906, 7-4, 2
2006 91, 8, .7705, ??????, 8-5, 0
2007 100, 6, .7591,??????, 5-7, 0
2008 96, 4, .7799, ??????, 9-4, 2
2009 94, 5, .7803, ??????, 5-7, 0
2010 96, 4, .7944, ??????, 6-6, 0
2011 82, 2, .7656, 20,330, 7-6, 2
2012 95, 5, .7570, 14,678, 4-8, 0

2013 112, 7,.7703, 17,347, 1-11, 0
2014 71, 1, .7990, 15,625, 8-5, 0
2015 76, 1, .8040, 19,441, 8-5, 2
2016 71, 1, .8154, 23,838, 13-1, 2?

Also, Fleck's 2017 WMU class was likely going to surpass his 2016.

Where are you sources? The data seems to be against you.

Additional data from 247, Wikipedia, and the redzone.org.
Year Natl, MAC, AVG, Attend, record, draft

2005 88, 3, .7684, 18,906, 7-4, 0
2006 91, 8, .7705, ??????, 8-5, 2
2007 100, 6, .7591,??????, 5-7, 0
2008 96, 4, .7799, ??????, 9-4, 0
2009 94, 5, .7803, ??????, 5-7, 2
2010 96, 4, .7944, ??????, 6-6, 0
2011 82, 2, .7656, 20,330, 7-6, 0
2012 95, 5, .7570, 14,678, 4-8, 2

2013 112, 7,.7703, 17,347, 1-11, 0
2014 71, 1, .7990, 15,625, 8-5, 0
2015 76, 1, .8040, 19,441, 8-5, 2
2016 71, 1, .8154, 23,838, 13-1, 2?

Also, Fleck's 2017 WMU class was likely going to surpass his 2016.

It wasn't Cubit, but before Cubit, Darnell had some higher ranked classes, in 2001 he had the 51st ranked class and 78th in 2002, both 1st in the MAC.

It wasn't Cubit, but before Cubit, Darnell had some higher ranked classes, in 2001 he had the 51st ranked class and 78th in 2002, both 1st in the MAC.
Let's take a look...
===
1997-2001 = no 247 recruiting data.
2002 78, 1, .7696, ??????, 4-8, 0
2003 104, 7, .7685, ??????, 5-7, 1
2004 89, 3, .7711, ??????, 1-10, 0

Could we get this thread back on subject to welcoming a quality player at a position of need? Great add to this class!

Could we get this thread back on subject to welcoming a quality player at a position of need? Great add to this class!

+1. It's the same 10 people arguing in every single thread.

Good pick up and at a position of need!

Nice get...not looking to burst bubbles but Rivals has him as a 3 star and Gophs did not move adding him...still ranked 44. Mentioned before, there are 6-8 teams in the 20 right ranked below Gophs who will no doubt pass them up before it's all over.

This has nothing to do with Fleck, but this board has gone full Brewster with the increased obsession of class rankings.

Yes!!!! Why does every thread have to turn into a pissing match?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This has nothing to do with Fleck, but this board has gone full Brewster with the increased obsession of class rankings.

Some folks are so obsessed with them they will still argue Brewster had great recruiting classes.

Yes!!!! Why does every thread have to turn into a pissing match?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree. I'm a long time GH member and am amazed at how many threads get hijacked by two people in a pissing match. I love to come here for information, but am often times disappointed by this behavior.

So those who follow recruiting more closely than myself may know...
When is the last time Minnesota successfully recruited a player from SEC territory who had this many SEC offers??

I would guess the Murray Warmath era.

Granted, not all "offers" are the same; Minnesota is offering a high-likelihood of immediate PT in addition to a scholarship due to the suspensions.

Let's take a look...
===
1997-2001 = no 247 recruiting data.
2002 78, 1, .7696, ??????, 4-8, 0
2003 104, 7, .7685, ??????, 5-7, 1
2004 89, 3, .7711, ??????, 1-10, 0

I found the data on 247 for 2001.

I'm a long time GH member and am amazed at how many threads get hijacked by two people in a pissing match. I love to come here for information, but am often times disappointed by this behavior.
I agree with this. ^^^^^

Agree. I'm a long time GH member and am amazed at how many threads get hijacked by two people in a pissing match. I love to come here for information, but am often times disappointed by this behavior.

Guys, Gopherjack is lulling us to sleep with his anti-hijacking kumbaya talk. I mean he has the word "jack" in his username. And that pirate eye patch! Don't trust him.

;)

Reusse said Fleck is all hot air. I guess he is right. NO WAIT. Fleck is amazing. If he coached the Gophers this past year he would possibly have won all those close games we lost

Welcome to Minnesota Kendarian -- you made an Elite decision to come here :clap:

Reusse said Fleck is all hot air. I guess he is right. NO WAIT. Fleck is amazing. If he coached the Gophers this past year he would possibly have won all those close games we lost

No not possibly. For sure he would have won those games because he runs up and down the sidelines and jumps up and down and smiles and stuff like that!

Reusse has not said fleck is all hot air. That is a false statement

per CBS:

Head Coach P.J. Fleck continues his recruiting hot streak, landing 3-star Safety Kendarian Handy-Holly while on his official visit this weekend.

KHH chose the Gophers over offers from Iowa State, Kentucky, Louisville, Mississippi State, Florida, Ole Miss and a number of others. He's the 25th addition in the class and the first as a true safety.

As a long 6-foot-2.5, 205-pound prospect with a verified 4.5 40 time, Ken possesses all the traits and skills that he could push for early playing time as a true Freshman, a major need for Minnesota heading into next fall.

Ken is currently rated the No. 37 Safety in the country according to 247Sports Composite, with a 3-star grading of 0.8664.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/breaking-fleck-lands-3-star-safety-ken-handy-holly/

Go Gophers!!

So, who's next? Any more of this weekends visitors? Armstrong? Beck?

Top Bottom