Sad News - UPDATED: Kill, Gray and U Chief of Police to address media at 2pm

Prayers and condolences from the Trojan Family.

Such sad and heartbreaking news...we've been through it as well, one of our players, Mario Danelo, died tragically in 2007.

God Bless you all as you mourn for one of your own.

RIP Gary. You had so much to look forward to in life, it's heartbreaking to see it end so soon. My prayers go out to the Tinsley family and hope for comfort and peace during this time.

I'd love to buy some t-shirts and help out financially however possible... thanks GBandana Guy for getting this rolling.

Shocking, horrible news. So cruel too, that he never made it to see what would have been one of the pinnacles of his young lifetime, that being his graduation next month.

May God bless and keep Gary Tinsley, and massive prayers and hugs to his family, friends, teammates and coaches left behind to feel his loss.

And I'd be totally down for a t-shirt too.

Very shocking and tragic news.

Not coincidental that he died on Good Friday. Someone else died on the Original Good Friday a couple thousand years ago.

And when all seemed lost...in actuality...all was gained.
Gary will be in heaven forever, and knowing what he knows now, he would NEVER choose to trade places, not even with the guarantee of a long, successful NFL career.

RIP Gary Tinsley. Thoughts and prayers are offered for his family and friends and teammates.

Really terrible news. Still shocked.

I'm in for a shirt as well. All the students should be wearing one when we open next year. Charge whatever, with proceeds to the charity of his family's choice. Or heck, to the family. Let's do this, for healing, for Gary.

Condolences to the Tinsley family and Gopher nation from a Spartan

My prayers are with the Tinsley family, the Gopher team, university and fan base. May God bless him.

Really tragic news and my thoughts and prayers are with all of Gary's loved ones.

I'm very shocked and saddened by this tragic news but very proud of the Gopher community.

Not coincidental that he died on Good Friday. Someone else died on the Original Good Friday a couple thousand years ago.

Gary will be in heaven forever, and knowing what he knows now, he would NEVER choose to trade places, not even with the guarantee of a long, successful NFL career.

Well, I must say that was a beautiful context in which to place it. Awesome, and I couldn't possibly agree more.

Classy gesture, my friend. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to post this here.

Condolences to the Tinsley family. RIP Hacksaw.

Another Spartan here, just read the news myself. Thoughts to this young man's family and teammates.

Dang, I hadn't been on here all day and this is the first thing I saw. Really does put things into perspective. God Bless his family and friends. A great football player.

Are you seriously making this comparison?

People say a lot of things when they can't think of something to say. It's called shock and grief.

GT's memory will become an inspiration to this team, as a loss does to all over time. Although you don't want to lessen the current impact of his death, Gary's passing will allow his teammates, friends, and fans to bond on a different level.

In life, Gary finally found direction--and I think some peace--in his life.

In death, Gary will bring us all a little closer.

Tell someone you love them. Hug a friend or a loved one.

Gopher football brings us together. Gary's death will bring us something more.

At this point, I'm in the mood to say nothing more. Let's all remember Gary and think of others we've lost.

"Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."--Shakespeare, Hamlet.

People say a lot of things when they can't think of something to say. It's called shock and grief.

GT's memory will become an inspiration to this team, as a loss does to all over time. Although you don't want to lessen the current impact of his death, Gary's passing will allow his teammates, friends, and fans to bond on a different level.

In life, Gary finally found direction--and I think some peace--in his life.

In death, Gary will bring us all a little closer.

Tell someone you love them. Hug a friend or a loved one.

Gopher football brings us together. Gary's death will bring us something more.

At this point, I'm in the mood to say nothing more. Let's all remember Gary and think of others we've lost.

"Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."--Shakespeare, Hamlet.

+1

Deepest sympathy to Gary's loved ones.

Ski-U-Mah

Rest In Peace Gary.

Deepest sympathy to Gary's friends, teammates, and most importantly family.

My thoughts and prayers are with Gary's family, friends, and teammates. This is devastating news to hear about such an amazing young man.

RIP Gary. Although we never met one another it was a pleasure following you the past 4 years. You will be dearly missed.

Didn't hear the news until late last night. Very saddening and upsetting. My thoughts and prayers are with Gary's friends and family, Keanon Cooper, coach Kill and anyone else affected by this tragedy. You will receive love and support in the days, months and years ahead.

Are you seriously making this comparison?

It's perfectly reasonable for a Christian to think of death in those terms. That's the whole point of the Easter holiday. Hopefully the thought of the immortality of the soul will bring some comfort to Gary Tinsleys family.

Very sad news about GT.

It's perfectly reasonable for a Christian to think of death in those terms. That's the whole point of the Easter holiday. Hopefully the thought of the immortality of the soul will bring some comfort to Gary Tinsleys family.

Very sad news about GT.

"Good Friday" has only to do with Christ's death not GT. I hope GT knew Christ and is with him today BUT I have no knowledge of his soul and my Wishful Thinking will not make it happen. I like many on here can understand the pain the Tinsley family is going through because we have been in similar circumstances. I wish them peace and fond memories of their son. However, I am amazed how people who don't want to "know" what happens after we die, can boldly say that "Grandpa is in that great fishing hole in the sky" when they or Grandpa couldn't give the time of day to seek out for the meaning of life after death.

Top Bottom