S. Henterson unhappy in Miami

gophernut

Reaction score
Listening to WCCO (around 4:30) where it was reported that he is unhappy in Miami and that he will make a decision about coming home to Minnesota after Spring ball starts up. Have any of you heard anything on this or is everyone not talking about it because they are still bitter? If this has been brought up and i missed it, i apologize.

Imagine a line with Pirsig and Henderson on the edges - that would be amazing in a few years if they even come close to the hype. Plus, i feel there is a lot of young talent there with the coaches to bring out the best.

Would you feel Henderson could mature under Coach Kill or do you think he would just be a distraction on the team?

Is that coming home to Minnesota as in to play for the Gophers or just leaving school and coming home?

He'd mature or he would be pushed out the door. I wonder how S.H.'s dad is taking this?

Let's hope it's not to be closer to Bryant McKinnie.

He's a heck of a football player. Played very well as a freshman on Miami's line last year. I'd welcome him to team with open arms and judge after he's here.

He'd be an Mbakwe type impact player on our fb team...

Does this guy ever go away? I think he is just trying to tell his new coaches that he is the boss at Miami and if they do not get in line he will leave but he is willing to give them until after Spring ball. Does this sound like Devoe Joseph?

Assuming this is even true, I'd be willing to take him in with Kill at the helm. Kill won't put up with crap. And if Kill is willing to take him back then that should be good enough. The kid is a player. Period.

Kids make mistakes, adults make mistakes. If he willing to conform to Kill's rules, then by all means, he is welcome with open arms.

Two things:

1. If he did come here, he would redshirt his transfer year (2011), be the starting LT his RS So year (2012), and then be gone to the league. You have to weigh his obvious impact against the circus, distractions, and lapse in continuity he would bring - all for one year of service. Is it worth it? I say yes, but it's not as obvious as it would seem on first blush.

2. He would never play together with Pirsig. Even if Pirsig came here (an extremely long shot at best) he would RS the year that Henderson would play here.

Kids make mistakes, adults make mistakes. If he willing to conform to Kill's rules, then by all means, he is welcome with open arms.

I agree. I can't remember all the stoopid decisions I made when I was 18. Or 48, for that matter. Wisdom is the insight that allows you to recognize your mistakes as you're making them again.

Hopefully one of Kill's rules would be "No psycho dads in the locker room". You know, the rule Monson didn't have when Humphries had his NBA audition season here.

Wouldn't Seantrel have to sit out a year if he came here? Actually, with all the school changes this kid has made, I'm amazed he's eligible to strap on a helmet before 2015

agree...If he returns to play for MN, then you know his motive is not hollywood stars or Miami beaches.

Besides, MN has lost some players simply because they got home sick. Given all that he has gone through, is it so odd SH might just be feeling the same?

Two things:

1. If he did come here, he would redshirt his transfer year (2011), be the starting LT his RS So year (2012), and then be gone to the league. You have to weigh his obvious impact against the circus, distractions, and lapse in continuity he would bring - all for one year of service. Is it worth it? I say yes, but it's not as obvious as it would seem on first blush.

2. He would never play together with Pirsig. Even if Pirsig came here (an extremely long shot at best) he would RS the year that Henderson would play here.

pirsig is not out of the question in coming to MN. He might see what other players like Sentral go through and decide he might want to simply stay home, especially since MN has a quality coaching staff.

Not one former Gopher offensive lineman could hold McKinnie's jock.

You can,t be saying BM can block are you? He is a load and will be out of the league soon if he does not get his crap together.

Not one former Gopher offensive lineman could hold McKinnie's jock.

What's your point? He's still one of the laziest players I've ever seen. I wish for the Vikings' sake he would have decided to capitalize on his talent instead of choosing to coast his way to the end of his career.

You can,t be saying BM can block are you? He is a load and will be out of the league soon if he does not get his crap together.

McKinnie had a tough couple of seasons and his lack of discipline has seemed to put his standing as a top notch LT in serious jeopardy, but McKinnie has already had a more accomplished career than almost any Gopher OL that I can remember. I also am not so sure how soon McKinnie would be out of the league (unless it was on his own accord). He is a less than avg LT, but he could also play RT and would certainly still make a roster.

Hoo Boy, this thread ought to be fun. Gopher it, fans.

I have heard the Iowa state music dept has inked him and his dad to a record deal collaboration with Royce white.

would love it immense talent....not guarenteed he leaves after soph year and would be help the program.

Does this guy ever go away? I think he is just trying to tell his new coaches that he is the boss at Miami and if they do not get in line he will leave but he is willing to give them until after Spring ball. Does this sound like Devoe Joseph?

In the words of AM 1500. "We don't know that."

Assuming this is even true, I'd be willing to take him in with Kill at the helm. Kill won't put up with crap. And if Kill is willing to take him back then that should be good enough. The kid is a player. Period.

Take him back? Did Kill recruit him at Minnesota or NIU?

Wouldn't Seantrel have to sit out a year if he came here? Actually, with all the school changes this kid has made, I'm amazed he's eligible to strap on a helmet before 2015

He left USC because they were going on probation so he got out of his commitment. If I am wrong please say so.

Obviously Coach Kill would take this kid on his team, you would look at more like a JuCo situation and he would be about the highest rated JuCo player you could imagine. Most likely, he would only be here 1 season, but he would be one of the best offensive lineman in the nation for that one season. He seems like he might be homesick, it's not like he was kicked off the team for being cancerous or anything. I don't get how it would be anything but a low risk/incredibly high reward type of scenario for the Gophers.

You sign him, if he continues not being a problem (like he has been everywhere he's gone), he would be our best offensive lineman I can remember and would be an all big 10 type of talent. If for some reason he brings a bad attitude, which there are really no signs of, then we kick the kid off the team.

I love Ben as a player and how he represented the University, but referring him to as an elite guard is a stretch.

I agree. Ben Hamilton is one of my favorite Gophers of all time and he had a nice career in the NFL, but his career doesn't really compare with McKinnie's, even though McKinnie seems to be wasting some of his talent.

Top Bottom