rumor out of Madison

kg21

Reaction score
Braelon Allen is unhappy and wants out. May transfer to USC or Michigan.

Doesn’t want to play the Gophers in the cold for two more years.
Well he'll never make it in the NFL then. We wouldn't want him if he can't handle adverse weather conditions from time to time anywhere.

Didn't Allen tweet something after Chryst was fired that made it pretty clear he was not happy about it?

If he is going to transfer he should just declare now.....no reason to play out the rest of the season.... :)

Didn't Allen tweet something after Chryst was fired that made it pretty clear he was not happy about it?

If he is going to transfer he should just declare now.....no reason to play out the rest of the season.... :)
At the very least, he should declare his intentions before the final regular season game!

With $ on the line we should begin to see janky rosters when the playoffs are outta reach.

I saw a few Michigan fans tweeting about these rumors but doesn't appear to be anything substantial at this point.

In a recent Gopher Gridiron Radio podcast, Ryan Burns said that based on what he has been told from his contacts in the recruiting scene, MN with Dinkytown Athletes is ahead of what WI and IA currently have for NIL opportunities.

so, the OP may be a rumor, but if it's an NIL issue, and WI is behind what even MN currently is offering, then it's plausible that players might explore other opportunities.

Bucky Irving didn't wind up at Oregon because he likes their uniforms. he was looking for a different shade of green.......

In a recent Gopher Gridiron Radio podcast, Ryan Burns said that based on what he has been told from his contacts in the recruiting scene, MN with Dinkytown Athletes is ahead of what WI and IA currently have for NIL opportunities.

so, the OP may be a rumor, but if it's an NIL issue, and WI is behind what even MN currently is offering, then it's plausible that players might explore other opportunities.

Bucky Irving didn't wind up at Oregon because he likes their uniforms. he was looking for a different shade of green.......
Very interesting. I would have never guessed that WI and IA would be behind there.

Throw some cash at him. Gophers are without a starting tailback next year. They will need someone from the portal either way IMO.

Athan checking it down to Allen has a nice ring to it...

Let him go to Michigan. Maybe that will keep our recruit out of there from thinking about pulling his commitment to the Gophers!:unsure:

🤮 He is puking green in Wisconsin. He wants 🤑

Thanks Splash
Hey, I remember you!

The last time Splash posted something, he said there was a scrimmage and Battle didn't play. You mocked Splash.

Last edited:

Bucky churns out NFL RBs, so it is a little surprising he would be looking to move, being a WI native, and basically have the starting RB position locked up as long as he wants it as well. NIL would be one reason, as others have speculated. I think many transfers are not finding the grass greener.

Top Bottom