Rumor Alert: aTm to SEC?

Texas A&M to join SEC, Florida State, Missouri, Clemson could follow

According to ESPN

Wow. First 16 team super conference. Will the Big Ten respond and add again?

OMG, Maryland is definitely NOT a huge get.

Other than Texas or one the NYC area schools I'm not sure what school would be better than Maryland, they would bring DC and the Baltimore markets to the Big 10 Network. There aren't that many teams that command that type of market, Tennesee maybe, Florida, Texas, Boston, and the west coast.

I bet Mizzou would rather be a B10 member. Better all-around fit here than the SEC, IMO. Then again there may be hard feelings after we skipped right over them to get Nebraska. Even nowadays, a true border state (belongs to both East and West, and North and South).

I wonder if the B10 will counter at all... It is quite possible that 12 schools is exactly where we want to be. I think adding Notre Dame and Missouri is the optimal way to add two schools. If it is 4, let's take Notre Dame, Missouri, Maryland and Pitt. Personally, I hope we stay right at 12 awhile and see how it goes.

Hopefully, the SEC adds only A&M and FSU. I don't want the Big10 to be forced to have 16 teams just so we can keep up with the SEC.

Screw Texas and their greed for the $hitshow that is now college football.

The LHN is not long for this world. Who outside of parts of Texas would pay to see it? The BTN has a problem filling air time, the LHN will be just be reruns of reruns with a few games. There is not a national following of Texas. It is a classic example of a school that is too caught up in their own hype and doesn't understand that they are nothing without the other schools that provided the rivaly.

IMO the sec will not expand.

The big ten will not expand without notre dame or Texas. They will keep it even if they eexpand.

If they got notre dame or Texas the following schools would be the likely 14th (assuming they don't get notre dame and Texas both)

In order of likelihood IMO
1) maryland
2) Boston college
3) Syracuse
4) Rutgers
5) Missouri

Why do people think that the Big Ten should expand if the SEC expands to 16? If the SEC were to have 16 teams what difference would it make if the Big Ten had 12 teams? I hope the Big Ten never expands past 12 teams.

The SEC probably couldn't secure a 14th team. Florida and probably Georgia didn't want Florida State, Clemson doesn't really bring anything to the table, Virginia Tech came out said they were staying in the ACC. That would leave Missouri who isn't going to say anything publicly after opening flirting with the B1G.

Why do people think that the Big Ten should expand if the SEC expands to 16? If the SEC were to have 16 teams what difference would it make if the Big Ten had 12 teams? I hope the Big Ten never expands past 12 teams.
I would put it at less than a 1% chance. Expanding makes almost no sense financially. To make a profit you would have to have the new team add 24+ million in additional tv revenue. To turn a million dollar profit the team would need 30 million plus. There simply aren't any teams not in the SEC that can do that. Teams that could do that:
Notre Dame
Texas

Maybes
Oklahoma
Texas a&m
USC
Florida state

I frankly don't see any others that aren't already in the sec or big ten

I keep seeing Longhorn Network ads on Gopherhole. Ugh....

Top Bottom