Royston Breaks leg....out a long time

Thanks for being a total retard Tim Danridge!!

Kerry Lewis transferred too, right?...sweet

At least now, Brew might be forced to move Cooper to his future NFL position, SS

That's truly awful. I wish Royston a speedy recovery. Anyone out there have an idea of the potential recovery time for injuries like his?

I wish Cooper would move back. No way he is big enough to play LB IMO. If he can't bigger than whatever he is at now (215?) in 2 years, then IMO there is little hope of him playing at 235-245 for the rest of his career.

I am truly amazed by all this 'Cooper is too small to play LB' talk. Cooper proved last year he was a play maker. If he wasn't big enough he wouldn't have been dynamic in limited time. He plays outside, so he doesn't need to be 235. I trust the coaching staff has him where he is best suited after trying him at S and moving him from that position.

I am a bit worried about depth in the defensive backfield. Looks like Lewis might have to move over to Safety permanently. Hopefully, James Manuel and Thornton are ready to go.

Terrible news. Regardless of peoples opinions about how good Royston is, it's pretty sad to see this happen before his senior year.

I heard it happened during a huge fight outside the Library bar. He got hit with a keg.

That stinks! I have full confidence that somebody will step up their game though (specifically Watkins, Lewis and Thornton).

Uggghhh...I feel bad for him and hope he has a speedy and successful recovery. This program is in need of some good news.

That's truly awful. I wish Royston a speedy recovery. Anyone out there have an idea of the potential recovery time for injuries like his?

I didn't have a compound fracture, but i broke both lower bones in my leg my senior year of high school.

I broke it in early January, had a rod and pins inserted in surgery and had to stay off of it for 4-6 weeks. I could begin to work out lightly on it in 2 months, and got approval to play baseball by mid-april.

So most likely if he is in a good a shape as he should be, should be able to run on it in about 3 months, and hopefully will be back to 100% just in time for fall practice.

The rod really helps recovery time, it stabilizes the leg bones and lets the bones recalcify around the rod so its even stronger after the break then before it.

He's gonna have to bust his ass to get ready for fall practice, but for someone with his athletic ability and make up, it easily can be done.

never was big on royston but that really sucks. wish him the best.

Cooper will not be moving to safety.

I really do hope Royston is fine, and in the worst case scenario, i'm sure he would be eligible for a 6th year (medical redshirt). It sounds like Collado has impressed at CB, so I doubt he will move back. I hope Theret gets his head screwed on straight, and Lewis, Manuel, and Watkins are ready to step up.

Does anyone know where Shady sits on the depth chart?

I really do hope Royston is fine, and in the worst case scenario, i'm sure he would be eligible for a 6th year (medical redshirt). It sounds like Collado has impressed at CB, so I doubt he will move back. I hope Theret gets his head screwed on straight, and Lewis, Manuel, and Watkins are ready to step up.

Shady is back at running back for now. He is a versitile player and our thin lineups at his positions have prompted a double move for him. He will play somewhere and help the team for sure.

I had a similar break in my arm and while he'll be "healed" by camp, he will be nowhere near 100%. This sucks. My only advice to him is to not rush it. That set me back a couple of months, but even if he doesn't rush it, he won't be anywhere near full strength by the time camp starts.

In regards to Cooper, he is underszied, but this isn't the NFL where you need to be 250 pounds to play linebacker (although I understand size does help). He makes up for his lack of bulk with speed and playmaking ability. He proved himself on the field last year IMO. Plus, I'm sure he's lifting hard and putting on as much good weight as possible.

Tough injury, hope Royston the best. As always, opportunity knocks for someone to fill the void.

I was wondering the same thing. I know he played some d-back in high school.

That stinks! I have full confidence that somebody will step up their game though (specifically Watkins, Lewis and Thornton).

I was wondering about Watkins too. What has he shown?

You mean move him back to a position that apparently didn't work out for him?

This proves you don't know much about the program. Cooper was moved to LB to be like Simoni. Simoni was also a SS in JUCO but our D system needs a fast OLB to make plays. Also we are known as the gophers and our colors are maroon and gold.

This proves you don't know much about the program. Cooper was moved to LB to be like Simoni. Simoni was also a SS in JUCO but our D system needs a fast OLB to make plays. Also we are known as the gophers and our colors are maroon and gold.

Someone who thought we were playing Texas Tech in a bowl game last year probably shouldn't be talking smack about how much others "know about the program"

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?p=153349#post153349

Top Bottom