Royce White Leaving the U per Myron

Gold Vision

Reaction score
On KFAN, and per twitter. Wow, this really blows.

Royce White says he's withdrawing from school this week. Says he doesn't feel safe there.

So much for suiting up vs. Penn State.

Because he doesn't feel safe? Hahahahaha, he's 6'8 right?

Biggest.headcase.ever.

Since the loss to Texas in the NCAA tourney last March, this has been the most disappointing stretch to me as a Gopher BB fan since the fallout from the academic scandel in '99.

Beating Butler back in November was the one moment I can remember where I was truly satisified but that was very shortlived because of the loss to Portland the next night.

There is just so much negativity right now surrounding the program. Seems like anything that could go wrong does go wrong. From White to Trevor to Nolen to marginal results on the recruiting trail to Portland to the heartbreak vs Mich St to Indiana, it's just been a mess the past 10 months.

Please...give me something positive that lasts more than 24 hours!!! I had some pretty high expectations heading into the year. I perceived this squad as being a near lock for the tourney back in the fall. Not a top seed but certainly a team that could comfortably get in as a 5 or 6 seed with a decent chance to advance in the tourney.

Ugh.

Well, this is unfortunate for you guys. But at least this crazy kid is gone for good, I guess?

Won't believe it until I see an official statement from the U.

Say it ain't true

After working so hard to get back on the court, withdrawing from school? Makes no sense. Hopefully this is incorrect.

Don't you guys get it yet? Everytime he makes one of these statements he is trying to get Tubby to blink. It is like a game of chicken. Tubby, "I am not playing you yet". Royce, "I am going to try and force your hand by making another statement about leaving."

At some point you either have to play or him call his threat and let him walk. He is putting Tubby in a tough spot.

Ok .. lets back up a step. He doesn't feel safe .. he's made those comments before. He feels as though the police are out to get him. Say what you will, but as far as these " trespass " charges go, sorry, but I think he's getting f-d hard. He plead not guilty after negotiation and has another appearance next Monday.

I won't believe it until he " officially " withdraws from the U. Which he didn't do before either.

It's time Tubby lay out the problem here. Instead of the "coach speak" crap of "he has alot of work to do", he needs to be more specific. What is preventing him from playing? Is it the U or is it Tubby or both?

Bye-Bye Royce. Yeah, go play in Europe and see how that works out for you!

I'm seriously trying to think of one player that ever left school early, or did not enroll, went to Europe to play and then came back and was an impact player in the NBA. Can anyone think of one??

Wow, what a clusterf*ck of a year this has been.

It would not surprise me, the kid wants to play. He has a 3.33 GPA and is back at practice. As I said, he expected to play vs OSU--I agree he may be calling Tubby out---
maybe it is time to either play him or cut the cord....

Ok.

Think about how you are feeling reading this.

Now imagine you are DJ, or Westbrook and this is what you wake to after a tough road trip.

I'm actually starting to feel a fondness for Humphries.

Agreed.

The kid is a major prima donna who has been surrounded by enablers his entire life.

how do you know??
he has been playing travel/AAU hoops 11 months a year since 4th grade.. including weekends.. .you have no clue how hard he has worked... you and your fools in the tubby amen corner act like he's dealing crack in Dinkytown.

good for him... he held all the cards... he's called tubby's bluff... tubby is in a free-fall.

to be announced Wed: he will join Seantrel Henderson at Ohio State.

Bye-Bye Royce. Yeah, go play in Europe and see how that works out for you!

I'm seriously trying to think of one player that ever left school early, or did not enroll, went to Europe to play and then came back and was an impact player in the NBA. Can anyone think of one??

Wow, what a clusterf*ck of a year this has been.

Brandon Jennings... Might be ROTY this year. Put up 55 points in one of his first games. Might have laid the red carpet for some high schoolers to go overseas instead of going to college.......

how do you know??
he has been playing travel/AAU hoops 11 months a year since 4th grade.. including weekends.. .you have no clue how hard he has worked... you and your fools in the tubby amen corner act like he's dealing crack in Dinkytown.

good for him... he held all the cards... he's called tubby's bluff... tubby is in a free-fall.

First of all, playing travel/AAU hoops IS ENTIRELY ON WEEKENDS.

Next, working hard doesn't eliminate the obligation to handle yourself like a respectable member of society. Specifically, don't cheat, don't steal, don't beat up security guards, don't put yourself in so many precarious situations - THEN ACT LIKE A FREAKING VICTIM. I work hard, but that doesn't give me license to break laws.

"you and your fools in the tubby amen corner act like he's dealing crack in Dinkytown."

I've seen enough of your posts to realize that you don't get the irony of you posting this in response to White being surrounded by enablers.

HEY Facts34---
I coached AAU ball---practice 3 days a week, tournaments almost every weekend. These kids work hard! Especially in the Elite class which WHite Played in since 4th grade. He admitted Guilt in the MOA incident. No excuses. Regarding the J-Walking--I mean tresspass charge- that is crap. Was anyone else in his group charged? Look--JOEM and Tubby need to explain how a kid can have a 3.33 GPA, be at practice and not play. It is time to either lay out the case and let the kid play or cut the cord.

He probably feels like everything he does will lead to a big story or he'll be basically harrassed by the cops. Not a shock there. To go as far as leaving the school for it though? That sucks and is crazy.

so i guess they never practice?

Next, working hard doesn't eliminate the obligation to handle yourself like a respectable member of society. Specifically, don't cheat, don't steal, don't beat up security guards, don't put yourself in so many precarious situations - THEN ACT LIKE A FREAKING VICTIM. I work hard, but that doesn't give me license to break laws.

"cheat"?.. was that one of the charges?
'so many precarious situations"?... i didn't know walking thru a dorm was so risky.

"you and your fools in the tubby amen corner act like he's dealing crack in Dinkytown."

I've seen enough of your posts to realize that you don't get the irony of you posting this in response to White being surrounded by enablers.

please call out one of these 'enablers'... where is FOT to label this 'racism' when it's needed?

Perfect, Facts34.

And BTW, people don't talk about amen corner here in Minny except while watching a particular golf major. But from reading some UK boards I'd say they do with their kin all the time while they discuss riding pine in Kentucky.

he has been playing travel/AAU hoops 11 months a year since 4th grade.. including weekends.. .you have no clue how hard he has worked

All the more reason it is a shame for Royce to quit on himself. Why on earth would he work so hard all of those years only to end up sabotaging himself the way Royce has? I'll tell you why. Because at every step of the way (since he was in 4th grade) when he's messed up, people have excused it. It's okay, they tell him. Now, after all of that, he's apparently thrown away his hometown basketball career. And, he has only himself and his minions to blame, but he has no ability to recognize that. At some point, he'll learn he is responsible for his own actions and will quit blaming others for his misdeeds. He clearly hasn't learned that yet. Royce literally needs some mental health therapy. Hope he gets the help he needs.

I think I saw Royce and J-Strings at the Grammy's last night.

HEY Facts34---
I coached AAU ball---practice 3 days a week, tournaments almost every weekend. These kids work hard! Especially in the Elite class which WHite Played in since 4th grade. He admitted Guilt in the MOA incident. No excuses. Regarding the J-Walking--I mean tresspass charge- that is crap. Was anyone else in his group charged? Look--JOEM and Tubby need to explain how a kid can have a 3.33 GPA, be at practice and not play. It is time to either lay out the case and let the kid play or cut the cord.

It was said from day 1 that he wouldn't play until his legal issues were resolved. Like the trespassing charges or not, it was clear. What are you not understanding?

Top Bottom