Royce White-Court Today

bailee88

Reaction score
Can we expect to see any kind of resolution to his situation today, or at least have an idea of what might happen.
The team has started out so well it would seem that if this situation were resolved one way or the other that everyone could move on.

Looks like Myron is at the hearing. Text to his Twitter -

Lawyer for Royce White says he hopes to resolve shoplifting/assault case next week. Wants to review tapes from Mall of America.

If this "assault" turns out to be nothing and its just an attempted shoplifting (still incredibly stupid) does anyone think we see him in a uniform for big 10 play?

I don't think we see Royce back at practice until the shoplifting thing is resolved and the stolen laptop investigation is completed and he is exonerated...after that...I presume he practices and suits but doesn't play for 2-3 games...depends on how severe the final outcome of the shoplifting fiasco is.

If he is involved in the stolen laptop...I believe he will be expelled from the U and done.

My belief is he is done due to violation of rules surrounding the lap-top incident and the U is just following process.

FWIW, Bostick was charged, but not convicted, with a more serious felony assault of a peace officer last August and seems to have been allowed to play.

I don't think we see Royce back at practice until the shoplifting thing is resolved and the stolen laptop investigation is completed and he is exonerated...after that...I presume he practices and suits but doesn't play for 2-3 games...depends on how severe the final outcome of the shoplifting fiasco is.

If he is involved in the stolen laptop...I believe he will be expelled from the U and done.

Here's my question: how long does it take to find out if he took the laptop or not? If someone says he took it and its credible enough to contact the athletic department and media, it should be credible enough to get a warrant, check his room, end of story. I'm sure its a bit more complicated than that but seriously, how long can something like this take?

Does anyone else remember reading that the laptop had been recovered and returned to the girl?

I was positive I saw that in an article.

I read that it had been returned. I was under the impression that whoever took it returned it, but maybe they recovered it. In any case I tend to agree, how much longer can Unviersity Police spend on a petty theft? Either you have witnesses that saw him take it, and he should be charged, or you don't, and the matter should be dropped.

Either you have witnesses that saw him take it, and he should be charged, or you don't, and the matter should be dropped.
Exactly.

From what I've been hearing, it sounds like they don't have any evidence to charge him with anything. I'm sure they are conducting their due diligence, but I think Royce will be cleared from the laptop incident within a week or two.

the more i read about the case, the more it sounds is all they have on him is that he was in the dorm at the time of the incident. so were 300+ other kids.

the more i read about the case, the more it sounds is all they have on him is that he was in the dorm at the time of the incident. so were 300+ other kids.

The problem is I think he wasn't supposed to be IN the dorm.

Then slap his wrist and tell him to stay out of the dorms. I don't think the fact that he was physically IN the dorm is the big issue in this ordeal.

well, if people aren't supposed to have visitors, then i wasn't supposed to be IN T-hall on about every weekend last year. i dont recall there being a provision against him being in a dorm hall, am i missing something? if he was in the dorm room itself then thats a whole different story, though if that was the case for sure theyd have said it. you know all the dorms have cameras in every hall whether theyll admit it or not.

<b>well, if people aren't supposed to have visitors, then i wasn't supposed to be IN T-hall on about every weekend last year.</b> i dont recall there being a provision against him being in a dorm hall, am i missing something? if he was in the dorm room itself then thats a whole different story, though if that was the case for sure theyd have said it. you know all the dorms have cameras in every hall whether theyll admit it or not.

i read the previous quote as him being bared from the dorm. not that he was there after hours or anything like that. i don't recall there being a rule against him being there either, but that's just how i read it.

I read that it had been returned. I was under the impression that whoever took it returned it, but maybe they recovered it. In any case I tend to agree, how much longer can Unviersity Police spend on a petty theft? Either you have witnesses that saw him take it, and he should be charged, or you don't, and the matter should be dropped.

I bet it was resolved. Royce was still practicing with the team and on the bench during games after the shoplifting incident. Was still practicing and with the team after the initial laptop report

--

Then boom. He's off the team until he can get his life together according to Tubby. I guess I don't know but if Royce was implicated in the laptop theft - would the U have to make that public?

It seems the consequences indicate a level of involvment we may not be hearing about.

Just my thoughts.

I bet it was resolved. Royce was still practicing with the team and on the bench during games after the shoplifting incident. Was still practicing and with the team after the initial laptop report

--

Then boom. He's off the team until he can get his life together according to Tubby. I guess I don't know but if Royce was implicated in the laptop theft - would the U have to make that public?

It seems the consequences indicate a level of involvment we may not be hearing about.

Just my thoughts.

well i think its just a zero tolerance policy more enforced this year, i think maturi's very ill guided choice to bench trevor is forcing tubbys hand with bostick and white.

i think maturi's very ill guided choice to bench trevor

He's being charged with a felony. Maturi made the right decision.

well i think its just a zero tolerance policy more enforced this year, i think maturi's very ill guided choice to bench trevor is forcing tubbys hand with bostick and white.

zero tolerance? how many more incidents before white reaches zero?

R White

R.White will not play for Minnesota! We should all move on.

Vice versa

I think it was the problems that White and Bostick had that forced his hand with Trevor. Remember, Maturi knew about the MOA charges before he ruled on Trevor.

Here is my deduction. (None of this has any basis in fact, just supposition)

White admitted to the shoplifting but not the assault and that will be determined by the courts.
Tubby suspended White for that but said he could still practice and sit on the bench.

When the laptop incident came down there was really not enough evidence to prosecute White. As has been said being in the vicinity is thin circumstantial evidence at best. That charge will be dropped.

However because Royce White was not suppose to be in the Dorm, Tubby told him to stay away until he could follows simple rules.

Tubby is just trying to wake the kid up. Why he was where he was not supposed to be after the MOA incident just shows a terrible lack of respect.

Of course if he actually did do the laptop with a theft charge already pending then the kid needs to attend a few kleptomaniacs’ anonymous meetings at the very least. If he has such little self control the kid needs help. Seriously. (That’s assumes he did the laptop) JMO

All these threads need to stop about Royce White. I sincerely doubt he will play for the Minnesota Gophers. Yes, it would have been great, and, yes, I will cheer if he somehow makes his way back. But 18-year old kids don't just change their negative life habits at the drop of a hat. Royce has issues that go well beyond playing basketball in college. I understand there are people on here that are hanging on to hope, but we need to be realistic. I just don't see any circumstance where this guys plays — ever.

AJ Price stole a bunch of laptops at UCONN and he was rehabilitated. I think he had an actual ring of crime going on. He went on and had a stellar career for them. I'm just saying that Royce can change and be a star at the U if he wants.

AJ Price stole a bunch of laptops at UCONN and he was rehabilitated. I think he had an actual ring of crime going on. He went on and had a stellar career for them. I'm just saying that Royce can change and be a star at the U if he wants.

AJ Price is the exception, not the rule.

JohnnyGopher said he's gone so I believe he's gone

Top Bottom