Roster Projections

I don't think he was really asked to a lot. I talked about this in another thread, Greenlee (although he rarely played)I think took almost all of the PG minutes other than Carr. If my memory serves me correctly, Willis is an average ball handler but certainly more of a SG.
I think Willis was advertised by Pitino as a combo guy but we effectively had two shooting guards in the game when Carr went out. Willis was often in the two spot on the press break but didn’t handle it well.

I’m not expecting a big ten championship, but I honestly believe that this team will beat Iowa, they will beat northwestern and penn state, could beat Rutgers and maybe Indiana. The bottom of the big ten will be so weak that I think it is very probable they could finish top 8 or even higher at the end of the year.
Rutgers is going to be bad. Penn State starting to reel guys back, and I still need Freddy to prove to me he can get it done at Nebraska even with his good recruiting class coming in

I don't think he was really asked to a lot. I talked about this in another thread, Greenlee (although he rarely played)I think took almost all of the PG minutes other than Carr. If my memory serves me correctly, Willis is an average ball handler but certainly more of a SG.
It was pretty close. Greenlee only played 50 total minutes his freshman year, Marcus Carr only sat for 108 total minutes. Willis played 820 minutes, so if we generously assume he played point for literally every minute that Carr and Greenlee weren't...he spent 7% of his time as the primary ballhandler.

He did lead the College of Charleston in assists at 3.1 per game so I'm guessing he got more work there. He increased his PER from 13.3 to 19.2.

I hope we bring in a true PG but if he and Loewe handle most of the PG duties I won't be surprised.

Really? Why? In his 12 minute highlight video, I didn’t see his back to the basket once. He looked like an athletic slashing forward to me.
Agreed. if anything he looked like he would be more comfortable trying to keep up with 3s than bodying a 5.

I’m not expecting a big ten championship, but I honestly believe that this team will beat Iowa, they will beat northwestern and penn state, could beat Rutgers and maybe Indiana. The bottom of the big ten will be so weak that I think it is very probable they could finish top 8 or even higher at the end of the year.
Sounds delusional. Did you see the 2nd half of the Iowa / Oregon game? You got a real good luck at who is coming down the pipeline for Iowa? Perkins, Ulis, the Murray brothers? Fran said screw it, and put the young athletes in to let them get some run. Iowa is going to be more athletic than they have in years. Keegan Murray was scary as hell as a Freshmen and Perkins doesn't seem far behind in terms of development. And I didn't even mention Weiskamp or CJ

Sounds delusional. Did you see the 2nd half of the Iowa / Oregon game? You got a real good luck at who is coming down the pipeline for Iowa? Perkins, Ulis, the Murray brothers? Fran said screw it, and put the young athletes in to let them get some run. Iowa is going to be more athletic than they have in years. Keegan Murray was scary as hell as a Freshmen and Perkins doesn't seem far behind in terms of development. And I didn't even mention Weiskamp or CJ
Weiskamp and CJ are likely gone. CJ is for sure.

Isn't Miller more of a 4? Seems pretty agile and has a decent handle from what I've seen but I think he might be more of a Jordan Murphy type of undersized 4. Doesn't seem to be much of a floor spacer at all.

My understanding is that offensively he plays like a 4, but has some defensive versatility and can defend both 3s and 4s, so you could put him on the floor with a guy like Battle. Battle can help with floor spacing offensively and defend 4s, Miller can defend 3s and do his thing in the paint offensively.

Looks like no center this year, run and gun with 3-4 guards/1-2 forwards coach carter style.

Typing up a Q&A with Rebraca. Talked to him Saturday. He said Minnesota was in his top five, but he said that he wants to play at the 4, where the Gophers seem somewhat loaded.

Top Bottom