Rossi needs another raise and promotion to Asst Head Coach.

Oregon Gopher

Guardian of the Western Front
Reaction score
Let’s be honest- he’s the best DC I can remember at the U since I started going there decades ago. He makes critical adjustment at halftime that we rarely have seen from any coordinator. PJ got his, now it’s time to reward the man that enabled him to get into the big money.

Let’s be honest- he’s the best DC I can remember at the U since I started going there decades ago. He makes critical adjustment at halftime that we rarely have seen from any coordinator. PJ got his, now it’s time to reward the man that enabled him to get into the big money.
Totally. He’s had a fantastic year.

This board talked about the offense for 95% of the time after the 2nd half of the Miami game ended, and that's as good a compliment as any to a quality defense that improved throughout the season.

This board talked about the offense for 95% of the time after the 2nd half of the Miami game ended, and that's as good a compliment as any to a quality defense that improved throughout the season.
Agreed

Rossi has one of the best defenses in the country, no question. They play with impressive discipline. One can't discount how the quality of athlete on the defensive side of the ball has improved dramatically. Whether that's Rossi or PJ or both, you gotta hand it to them.

Side note: I'm going to miss #47 at linebacker. I wish we had him for a couple more years.

If I was a betting man... I'd bet that of the two coordinators, Rossi is the one more likely to be gone next season. Somebody is going to hire him.

Rossi has one of the best defenses in the country, no question. They play with impressive discipline. One can't discount how the quality of athlete on the defensive side of the ball has improved dramatically. Whether that's Rossi or PJ or both, you gotta hand it to them.

Side note: I'm going to miss #47 at linebacker. I wish we had him for a couple more years.
The depth has improved greatly also. Especially the front 7.

PHENOMENAL performance today by him and the entire defense -- coaches and players. Awesome gameplan, stuffed the run consistently, brought pressure that flustered Mertz even though it didn't get home much. Players were FLYING around all day. There were some memorable hits out there by Oliver, Durr, Dixon, and Gibbens. If you didn't know which D was #2 in the nation you would've said it was MN after this game.

HATS OFF TO THEE!

PHENOMENAL performance today by him and the entire defense -- coaches and players. Awesome gameplan, stuffed the run consistently, brought pressure that flustered Mertz even though it didn't get home much. Players were FLYING around all day. There were some memorable hits out there by Oliver, Durr, Dixon, and Gibbens. If you didn't know which D was #2 in the nation you would've said it was MN after this game.

HATS OFF TO THEE!

There were some great hits on defense today, but the hit of the day goes to Thomas blocking a blitzing linebacker. He hit him so hard under the chin it sent him to his knees.

There were some great hits on defense today, but the hit of the day goes to Thomas blocking a blitzing linebacker. He hit him so hard under the chin it sent him to his knees.
those RBs were doing a nice job picking up the blitzes

Fox commentators couldn’t praise Wisconsin’s D and coordinator enough! Very one sided broadcast along with showing mostly Wisconsin fans in the first half!

Critical to keep Rossi, no reason to believe they won't. I am concerned about losing Chad Wilt the defensive line coach. We've had a lot of turnover at that position coach spot and Wilt has been great on the recruiting and as a position coach really upgrading the performance of our defensive line.

HATS OFF TO THEE!

Well, technically, the Gophs had the 4th best defense in the nation going into this week (by yards), so it's not like they're underrated!

He’s under contract through 2022.
The buyout (if there even is one) for a assistant coach is pretty minuscule... Texas Tech is paying Baylor $250,000 for the opportunity to hire their assistant coach Joey McGuire as head coach.

Fox commentators couldn’t praise Wisconsin’s D and coordinator enough! Very one sided broadcast along with showing mostly Wisconsin fans in the first half!
Agreed ... my wife who was on her phone most of the game said it sounded like they were playing home announcers instead of neutral. I agree ... we talked about them showing all the Wisconsin fans as well.

The depth has improved greatly also. Especially the front 7.
Yep, I'm not taking any thing away from Rossi, but being able to recruit a front 7 that can bully the Badgers. . . that's recruiting more than it is coaching. Hell, we did it with more of a front 6 for large chunks of today (4 DL, 2 LB).

Rossi is for sure our Diamond and should get paid! If we could fire Sanford and get an equivalent of an OC Rossi we would take that next step immediately to top 3 in B1G

Top Bottom