RODNEY COE.

go get this kid

we've need a power RB for years...he runs like John Clay! I likeeey!

Kid already has offers from Alabama and Tennessee (10 BCS offers total) and it's only February. Just saying...

jeebus, what a beast. Looks like he's a sr. playing against jr. high kids. Will he play rb in college if he's 6'3" + so, or will he be playing lb? Rb's that tall are few and far between.

jeebus, what a beast. Looks like he's a sr. playing against jr. high kids. Will he play rb in college if he's 6'3" + so, or will he be playing lb? Rb's that tall are few and far between.

I'm no expert, but I thought he looked better as a linebacker in the film I watched.

Kid is an absolute beast. With that offer list it might be tough to land him, but crazier things have happened. If we could somehow land him and hold on to Calvin Phillips that would be quite the RB class.

Longshot at best with this guy, but yes he'd look very nice in the Gopher backfield.

Did you guys not just land Lamonte Edwards? I looked up his senior highlights on youtube and outside of a tendency to only carry the ball in his right arm which will lead to fumbles, he looks like he might be the real deal at RB. Very mobile for a big back. I think you guys probably already have your guy.

Did you guys not just land Lamonte Edwards? I looked up his senior highlights on youtube and outside of a tendency to only carry the ball in his right arm which will lead to fumbles, he looks like he might be the real deal at RB. Very mobile for a big back. I think you guys probably already have your guy.

Please! We do not get excited about actual Gophers. We grudgingly and conditionally compliment them, speculate about them, analyze them, give up on them and rip on them, but excitement is reserved for players who MIGHT become Gophers. It is, after all, a recruiting board, complete with four-star mentality and moaners deluxe.

Please! We do not get excited about actual Gophers. We grudgingly and conditionally compliment them, speculate about them, analyze them, give up on them and rip on them, but excitement is reserved for players who MIGHT become Gophers. It is, after all, a recruiting board, complete with four-star mentality and moaners deluxe.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iuoyIek752k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iuoyIek752k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

oh yeah i forgot we got lamonte. we probably shouldn't be recruiting any rbs this year :rolleyes:

Calvin Phillips anyone? 6-2 and 205. This is the kid we should be talking about for 2011 and we already have him committed! Now lets hope it stays that way....

Lamonte looks good - breaks tackles and runs over people, but nice blocking there, too.

Rodney Coe's GPA is 2.5, I'm assuming he'd need to get that up for admission. Or, is it all on based on SAT or ACT?

Rodney Coe's GPA is 2.5, I'm assuming he'd need to get that up for admission. Or, is it all on based on SAT or ACT?

The NCAA Div I Freshman eligibility requirements are based on a sliding scale. Basically, the lower the core GPA, the higher the SAT or ACT test score. If Coe's core GPA is 2.5, then he needs to score an 820 SAT or 68 ACT.

NOTES:
1. The core GPA is based on 16 credits of NCAA required studies of English, math, science, social science plus optional studies of language, religion or philosophy.
2. The SAT score is verbal and math only.
3. The ACT score is the sum of the four sections on the ACT: English, mathematics,
reading and science.
4. You can read more at: https://web1.ncaa.org/eligibilitycenter/hs/d1_standards.pdf

68 on ACT would be genius level

Since top score on ACT is 36, a 68 score would be Einsteinic!

I'm very excited to have Edwards. i think by the time he graduates we'll really like his contributions. But when I watch his video, I see a great athlete and a pretty mediocre RB. I think we've got a couple of years to wait for him to impact and I have a feeling it won't be as a RB.

Top Bottom