Robert Gregory?

DL65

Reaction score
Robert Gregory visited Minnesota a couple weeks back, and some believed there was mutual interest even though the Gophers have two QB commits. Wondering if there is any info on how his visit went (supposedly Iowa commit Maurice Fleming took the trip to Minnesota with Gregory)?

In visiting the Hawkeye Report, the Hawkeyes offered Gregory a tender this past Monday. Gregory received the offer after a visit to Iowa City with teammate Jordan Diamond. Diamond is a an offensive lineman of high regard.

The available slots for the Gophers are fast closing. Any thoughts about the recruitment of Gregory? I suspect the Hawkeye offer changes iowa's reported interest in Joe Mollberg (reportedly they were going to watch a few of his games this fall before tendering an offer, if they did offer, which they may still do - watch his progress this fall.). Are the Gophers finished recruiting at the QB position?

Go Gophers!

Did you read somewhere he visited here? I thought that had not happened yet.

sonnygarcia, I don't have a concrete answer to your question. I understand he had visited but that's an assumption based on conversations on the Hawkeye Rivals Board. Fleming, visiting with Gregory, was a topic of discussion two weeks ago; sounded as though the visit was imminent. Reportedly, Fleming is not or did not make the visit as the Iowa coaches were not pleased.

Go Gophers!!

Visit

The visit was/is scheduled for Saturday August 6th 2011 with Gregory and Fleming planning to attend together.

ESPN evaluation says he has a strong but erratic arm and is very raw & limited with reading progressions. They feel there is a high likelihood that he would move to WR in college. They were impressed with his quickness and speed for a player his size with good top end speed.

I don't think the Gophers are recruiting him to play QB, he could play a lot sooner at WR.

Top Bottom