Rob Jeter to Western Illinois

GopherLady

Reaction score
This will leave a spot open on Pitino's Coaching Roster:

Nice. This should help Pitino in attracting good coaches. There seems to be a good pipeline of gopher assistants becoming head coaches.

I vote Coach Mo for this spot. We need our defense to be strong next season.

It will be interesting to see who Pitino can land to fill this spot. His lack of job security makes it a tough sell and its compounded by the fact that no high major jobs opened this spring due to the coronavirus. With no head jobs opening, that means fewer high major assistants are out there looking for a job.

Need to get a little lucky, find a young go-getter willing to gamble on a staff that’s sitting on a very warm seat.

Jeter was a big help in defense and game day coaching.

Young go-getter is the best bet under the circumstances. Time to roll the dice.

Jeter’s coaching videos are on post play. So, if that was his area of responsibility here, I’d say he’s going to be sorely missed.

What Pitino needs is an assistant with a 5 star player in his pocket. Short term nothing else matters. There is no long term without it.

He is the next head coach at Iona without a couple very, very helpful player additions.

He’s a Gopher, lives here wouldn’t command a major salary has local high school ties as a coach. He can relate and has passion. For him minimal risk even if Pitino only lasts one year it would look good on his resume and then UST might higher him. ?

He’s a Gopher, lives here wouldn’t command a major salary has local high school ties as a coach. He can relate and has passion. For him minimal risk even if Pitino only lasts one year it would look good on his resume and then UST might higher him. ?
UST has a plan that they are very excited about.

If we hire Mike Miller and if players are allowed to transfer without sitting out a year, I will consider a Matthew Hurt transfer to be realistic.

You're really on tonight, Keyser. I want you to be right! Miller is intriguing as he would get closer to home and maybe jumping from a formerly promising situation at Memphis.

He was an assistant coach at D1 MN, so I imagine he could help with our relationship with that program, which would be huge.

I didn't know he coached at D-1. Great connections. The only thing I know for sure is that when he chose to end his overseas career early, he said directly to Nadine that it was because he had young children and wanted to be close to his family. High major coaching isn't exactly the same, but it is brutal on family life. I wonder if that's what he really wants.

I vote Coach Mo for this spot. We need our defense to be strong next season.

the funny this is that Coach Mo used to be the head coach at Western Illinois and left the job to be an assistant for Tim Miles at Nebraska. He got a pay raise by doing it as well

Based on the fact Western Illinois lost some players and they need talent. And they might finish .500 in the NSIC let alone Summit

Based on ?
He might not start there, but would he take him? I dont see greenlee from florida going to western, but since he knows Jeter it could be a landing spot for sure. Like I said he might not start, but i have to believe Jeter would take him!

He might not start there, but would he take him? I dont see greenlee from florida going to western, but since he knows Jeter it could be a landing spot for sure. Like I said he might not start, but i have to believe Jeter would take him!
I thought maybe you saw something that Jeter liked about his game.

Top Bottom