Road Win?

Will the Gophers get a road win this season?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Another brutal road loss. Will the Gophers get a road win this season?

Without the Nebraska road game being rescheduled I don’t see this team winning a road game. They will probably drop another home game too probably to Illinois. That would put the conference record at 8-11. Maybe a bubble team but no evidence to suggest that Pitino has this program positioned for long term success.

Ain't gonna happen.

Planets already aligned before Christmas.

I get that people want to blame Pitino for us not winning a game on road, but sooner or later pride has to play into this. When are the players going to step up? It is a little pitinos fault by not making adjustments I guess, but as a player when do they get sick of getting whooped and being down by 20 every game on the road? At least have some pride and lose by 4 lol were down 20 every game on road. Is it mental? Maybe. Why do we always shoot 27% on road? I cant figure it out. Hopefully they figure it out.

I get that people want to blame Pitino for us not winning a game on road, but sooner or later pride has to play into this. When are the players going to step up? It is a little pitinos fault by not making adjustments I guess, but as a player when do they get sick of getting whooped and being down by 20 every game on the road? At least have some pride and lose by 4 lol were down 20 every game on road. Is it mental? Maybe. Why do we always shoot 27% on road? I cant figure it out. Hopefully they figure it out.
Gee, what has been the single constant throughout the Pitino tenure? Let me think about that

Gee, what has been the single constant throughout the Pitino tenure? Let me think about that
Not being down 20 every game on road I know that. Losing on the road has been a constant with monson, haskins, tubby, and now pitino.

They're going to take down Rutgers tomorrow.
I mean they aren't quite as bad as they've been so you might be right. If they were a bad team they wouldn't have beaten Iowa, Michigan, Ohio St, and St Louis.

They're due for a win.

I mean they aren't quite as bad as they've been so you might be right. If they were a bad team they wouldn't have beaten Iowa, Michigan, Ohio St, and St Louis.

They're due for a win.
If somehow the Gophers can shoot 48% FG, 40% with 3 and 75% FT, they will have a chance.

It's 100% coaching.

This team is a top 3-4 team in terms of talent in the Big Ten this year. Finishing anywhere below that isn't good. And it shows they are poorly coached.

It's 100% coaching.

This team is a top 3-4 team in terms of talent in the Big Ten this year. Finishing anywhere below that isn't good. And it shows they are poorly coached.
What is talent? Jumping sky high and being athletic or hitting shots and getting rebounds. Were not very good at shooting or getting rebounds, but ok! If were so talented Pitino wouldnt matter and we might actually be in a game on the road. Dont get me wrong some of its Pitino and I want him gone after this season, but we dont have top 3 or 4 talent in the big.

What is talent? Jumping sky high and being athletic or hitting shots and getting rebounds. Were not very good at shooting or getting rebounds, but ok! If were so talented Pitino wouldnt matter and we might actually be in a game on the road. Dont get me wrong some of its Pitino and I want him gone after this season, but we dont have top 3 or 4 talent in the big.

Talent is having a top 2-3 guard and top 2-3 center in the conference with a bench that goes 8 deep.

Talent is having a top 2-3 guard and top 2-3 center in the conference with a bench that goes 8 deep.
Again, what does it matter if 6 other guys cant score? Mississippi Valley state goes 8 deep too, but they're the worst team in basketball. Talent to me are guys that are consistently good and dont have off nights every time they leave the state.

Another brutal road loss. Will the Gophers get a road win this season?
And the answer to our question is a resounding...NO!!!

0 - 10 on the road.

Gopher historians, has there ever been a season in Gopher basketball history where the team lost every road game in the season? I doubt it.

And the answer to our question is a resounding...NO!!!

0 - 10 on the road.

Gopher historians, has there ever been a season in Gopher basketball history where the team lost every road game in the season? I doubt it.

Daniel House

@DanielHouseNFL

After looking through the record books, it appears…. Since 1970, the #Gophers have only had two seasons without a road win. 2015 and 2021. It is crazy when you consider the team has five wins over ranked opponents. What a weird year.
7:05 PM · Mar 3, 2021

Already answered.

Twice now since 1970.

Both under Pitino.

Here's a few seasons without a road win. 1922-23. 1926-27. 1896-97 (that had a 5-5 tie vs. YMCA and lost on the "road" to the Ag School 25-1.

Top Bottom