Road trip to the Palestra?

sal

Reaction score
Sid today mentions a possible home and home vs St Josephs. That would be a must road game for me. That is a venue that I would love to see the Gophs play in. Philly is a great city to visit for a long weekend and an early December east coast trip would be great. Let's get that done Mr Esposito.

I second that Sal

Even better, perhaps fans would get an extra game if they turn it into a Palestra doubleheader also featuring a Temple, a Villanova or a LaSalle? That would be a trip I'd have to think about. Would be a lot less expensive than going to Anaheim for 4-5 days.

Another road swing on my wish list would be a pre-season NIT final at Madison Square Garden. NYC has been kind to the Gophs in the past (April), but I would love to be there in November. We should be due to play in that tournament again soon.

The Palestra is on a short list of arenas that I hold with the same reverence as Williams Arena and would be a must trip to watch the Gophers play.

St. Joe's played their home games at the Palestra this past season while their own on-campus Field House was being renovated. I don't think they'd play us at the Palestra on Penn's campus with a newly-renovated Field House on their own campus. Kind of defeats the purpose of renovating your own facility. They might play us at the Wachovia Center, though.

That said, I've said for years that I'd LOVE to catch a game at the Palestra, so if Espisito can get it done, the hats off to thee!

Not that I'm against St. Joe's

But can't we schedule another warm weather school?

The Arizona trips have been great. Golf and college basketball go together like strippers and Vegas.

But can't we schedule another warm weather school?

The Arizona trips have been great. Golf and college basketball go together like strippers and Vegas.

How about a Big Ten/ACC Challenge game at Miami (FL) in December?? South Beach is always nice! Don't know what the pairing are for the Challenge, but that one might entice me to make a road trip:)

The Gophers at the Palestra would be a game I'd do everything in my power to attend. That would be outta this world to me.

You my friend, are on the right page.

St. Joe field house would be great...15 minutes from my house and a belly buster before the game. The Palestra would be awesome as well, I hope not at Wachovia...that place has as much charm as the Metrodome.

Top Bottom