Rival's Big Ten Spring Preview

It doesn't sound to me like the Big 10 is going to be very strong this year. Minnesota's not the only team--by a long shot--that has to develop a new quaterback. Also, there have been very large losses at schools like Iowa. Finally, Nebraska's not going to take the Big 10 by storm next year. The article says that they're still seeking an identity on offense. Pellini's no offensive genius. Nebraska lost to a terrible Texas team at home last year, barely beat Iowa State on the road and got creamed by Washington in their bowl game rematch.

It doesn't sound to me like the Big 10 is going to be very strong this year. Minnesota's not the only team--by a long shot--that has to develop a new quaterback. Also, there have been very large losses at schools like Iowa. Finally, Nebraska's not going to take the Big 10 by storm next year. The article says that they're still seeking an identity on offense. Pellini's no offensive genius. Nebraska lost to a terrible Texas team at home last year, barely beat Iowa State on the road and got creamed by Washington in their bowl game rematch.

Next year will be very interesting. USC still has a new coach and violation issues, Florida has a new coach, Auburn lost a lot, OSU has to deal with suspensions, Big 12 teams have fewer non-conference games to judge them by. Next year could be the year that a NQ or sleeper gets to the championship game.

Wow, I didn't realize how many players Iowa has to replace going into next year. Then the whole rhabdo thing on top of that. Could get ugly down there.

Boy, I hope so. Now Becky needs to contract malaria.

But....

Next year will be very interesting. USC still has a new coach and violation issues, Florida has a new coach, Auburn lost a lot, OSU has to deal with suspensions, Big 12 teams have fewer non-conference games to judge them by. Next year could be the year that a NQ or sleeper gets to the championship game.

Wouldn't you agree that Oklahoma looks to be super solid next year?

Wouldn't you agree that Oklahoma looks to be super solid next year?

People like them, but if the lose one game in a the Big 12, it would be over probably as the conference isn't as strong.

Top Bottom