RIP 'Dr Hook' Tim McCracken

Some of the greatest quotes in movie history. You didn't want to be on the ice against this line:

Tim "Dr. Hook" McCracken
Ogie Oglethorpe
Clarence "Screaming Buffalo" Swamptown

RIP, Dr. Hook.
Denis Savard was always my favorite NHL player.. I imagined he could have gone Dr. Hook on a few guys if he wanted to.

Denis-Savard_GettyImages-1253171597.jpg

Thanks for posting,

Thst face off scene always reminds me of the Stars - Bruins game in The Garden, where they just started fighting right away and didn’t stop -best part was when Neal Brotten dropped his mitts; that was one of my proudest days of being a Minnesotan.

Greatest Hockey 🏒 Brawl in NHL history.
2/26 will be the 43rd anniversary. This should be a 30 for 30.

Thanks for posting,

Thst face off scene always reminds me of the Stars - Bruins game in The Garden, where they just started fighting right away and didn’t stop -best part was when Neal Brotten dropped his mitts; that was one of my proudest days of being a Minnesotan.

Greatest Hockey 🏒 Brawl in NHL history.
2/26 will be the 43rd anniversary. This should be a 30 for 30.

The real payoff was beating them in the Playoffs just a few months later.

The real payoff was beating them in the Playoffs just a few months later.
One begat the other.

So why can’t it be both?
Certainly, one can revel in both.

Just to clarify, I think you are correct about one begat the other. Up to those Playoffs the North Stars had never won at Boston Garden. Goose egg. We're talking 14 seasons. Zip.

If they did not follow through with the Playoff victory (they won at the Garden TWICE) , I think the throwdown with the Bruins just becomes a minor footnote and fades out of most everyone's memory.

Instead it one of the most memorable games in Franchise History. And they lost, 5-1.

Even Steve Christoff threw done the gloves. Bobby Smith was an underrated tough guy when he was pushed past the brink.

Speaking of the North Stars of that era, is there a better name than Ron Zanussi? That name sounds right out of Slap Shot.

When I read Dr. Hook, I first thought Dr. Tooth of the Electric Mayhem, and I was like, "NOOOOOOO".

Top Bottom