Right now...the Gs are what most GHers

Reaction score
thought they were: a below-average team trying to become average. As Brew says repeatedly after wins and losses: "There's a lot of room for improvement."

What I find absolutely maddening is the incredible inconsistency from week-to-week in most phases of the game. An emotional over-achieving MSU effort, then just the opposite under-achieving follow-up vs a Juice-less Illini...an incredible rollercoaster of pluses and minuses.

Why is consistency in key phases of the game so illusive? Inconsistent coaching? A talent gap? Poor depth and experience? Lack of consistent prep? No resolve until the 4Q shows up?...

I don't know...maybe others have the answers.

Terrible 1st Half Gamplan, Fisch tried the deep ball nearly every other play.......

Terrible 1st Half Gamplan, Fisch tried the deep ball nearly every other play.......

Agreed. That's not the answer to every loss, and there were obviously other factors, but I hang this one on Jed and Tim. The play calling in the first half looked borderline crazy. I don't know how much of it is Weber's reads, but it seemed like half of our plays were 30+ yard pass attempts (to well covered receivers).

Top Bottom