Richard Pitino talks about uncertainty in Marcus Carr's draft process; Gophers recruiting transfers to fill holes

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

“I think Marcus is very realistic about the process,” Pitino said. “I think that he wants to go through it, with the intent of keeping a great option open here. I think he loves playing here and he knows what he has here. I think he sees that. I don’t think he’s in a rush to leave, but I think he wants to go through the process like anybody should be allowed to do.”

Not long after Gophers sophomore All-America center Daniel Oturu declared for the NBA Draft last month with the intent to leave, Carr followed with his announcement keeping his options open to return.

Reports have surfaced that the NBA Draft could be postponed until as late as August, which would mean underclassmen might not have an opportunity to workout for teams. The current deadline for non-seniors to remove their names from the early entry list is June 3 for college players.

“The problem is the process is not going to be the normal process,” Pitino said. “I don’t think they will have pre-draft workouts, even for Daniel. He is not going to experience that. Unfortunately for Marcus, I’m not sure what besides the undergraduate advisory committee thing that they submit, I’m not sure what other feedback he’s going to get.

Pitino said Carr, just like Oturu before his decision, has been in constant communication about the draft process, has allowed the Gophers to “recruit accordingly,” he said.

“We are going to have back-to-back guys coming out of this program play in the NBA [Also Amir Coffey with a two-way contract with the Los Angeles Clippers],” Pitino added. “We are proud of that. That helps recruiting. Just as much as winning. When you go to two out of the last three NCAA tournaments and you go back to back NBA guys, that is what you are really, really selling a lot with these kids. We want Marcus to get as much feedback as he can in these unique times, but also let him know and he knows that he is a major part of this program.”

Go Gophers!!

Pitino talks to Jim Peterson

Successful teams will follow warrens advice regarding blood in the streets.

Thanks Nooram for posting that and Bleed for all the work you do!

Top Bottom