Reusse: Holly Rowe Brings Passion and Professionalism

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

Excellent article from Reusse:

One visitor asked Rowe if she had a prediction for this Final Four.

"I don't make predictions," she said. "I don't want anything to affect my objectivity. It probably wouldn't, but …

She pointed to her right temple and said: "… Ego might enter."

She is clearly beloved by a high percentage of the players that she covers, although not for anything close to what you might observe, say, with the Vikings' locally based, unrestrained homerism.

Rowe has created this fondness among subjects of her coverage with a clear love of those sports — women's basketball, college football, softball, volleyball — without a sacrifice of professionalism.

[...]
Late Monday night, Rowe's interview with Auriemma could serve as a clinic for sideline reporters from the "talk to me about" generation.

Opening question: "Coach, you have called this your most difficult season. I see the tears. How hard was this win?"

Auriemma's answer was excellent, including a "thank God, Paige came back," in honor of Paige Bueckers' incredible performance in the clutch.

Rowe's questions formed to create actual insight, and answers containing that from Auriemma, lasted three postgame minutes, concluding with the UConn players running over and mussing his hair

Great article. Yeah you can tell that players and coaches just have a powerful respect for Holly Rowe. Her zoom interviews are always fun, entertaining, and insightful. Holly just brings that authentic vibe to every interview. I am sure she has some that may have been cringeworthy but overall, she does a great job and folks just love her.

Top Bottom