Reusse: Gophers may be better off if Maturi had hired Majerus

Reusse and Majerus at Old Country Buffet?

I really like Rick Majerus and he was in the top 3 I wanted to replace Monson. But to say we should have hired him over Tubby is ridiculous. No one would have said such a thing in March 2007. And even now, to say his tenure in St. Louis has been more successful than Tubby's is a reach. In this year 5 snapshot in time, we'd probably rather have Majerus. But that wouldn't have been true after 3 years, and it may not be true after 7.

Not true at all. I don't even know where to begin.
Stupid post is stupid.
Considering hiring a coach from 2 candidates with similar resumes except for one thing:
Candidate 1: Did not win a National Championship
Candidate 2: Did win a National Championship
Which would you rather have?

Stupid post is stupid.
Considering hiring a coach from 2 candidates with similar resumes except for one thing:
Candidate 1: Did not win a National Championship
Candidate 2: Did win a National Championship
Which would you rather have?
Who's behind door #3?

That's ASSININE. Brad Stevens building Butler into a runnerup last year was FAR MORE IMRESSIVE than
Krzyzewski winning it that year. Stevens came from a place of great deficit, K came from overwhelming
strength.

But Coach K has built Duke into a national powerhouse on a yearly basis. Isn't that more impressive than the job Stevens has done over the last two years??

I really like Rick Majerus and he was in the top 3 I wanted to replace Monson. But to say we should have hired him over Tubby is ridiculous. No one would have said such a thing in March 2007. And even now, to say his tenure in St. Louis has been more successful than Tubby's is a reach. In this year 5 snapshot in time, we'd probably rather have Majerus. But that wouldn't have been true after 3 years, and it may not be true after 7.

I never said he should have been hired over Tubby. I only said he was my first choice.

Top Bottom