Reusse: Fleck is a BSer, I'm not saying he's Brew, he can coach.

How? He thought a friend of his was railroaded (he was) and he thought the AD also tarnished his name (he did).

Kill didn't throw a temper tantrum, he was pretty calm.

Saying you'll never stop foot on campus is a pretty extreme statement, especially from someone who is now outsider and shouldn't expect to have much of any say on these matters anymore. I liked the guy a lot but I lost a lot of respect for him after that statement.

Saying you'll never stop foot on campus is a pretty extreme statement, especially from someone who is now outsider and shouldn't expect to have much of any say on these matters anymore. I liked the guy a lot but I lost a lot of respect for him after that statement.

Why? If I worked somewhere and gave a ton of my effort to a place, we left on good terms and two years later that place questioned my integrity, the integrity of the people closest to me and also downplayed my accomplishments. . . I wouldn't go there either.

You would?

Huh?

I don't think anyone thought JK was going to make the decision. Too bad for what? People are just saying that they didn't get along.

I liked Jerry and I wanted to keep Claeys, but can any of us really picture Jerry Kill, Tracy Claeys, Matt Limegrover and PJ Fleck sharing a plate of nachos?

They are way different, I can't imagine they would mesh. That doesn't mean that one is high character and one is not. They're just different.

Agree.

What if it was seasoned waffle fries and dipping sauces instead of nachos?

I just have a personal problem with Bsers. This is not because I'm 71, when I was 38, I was fighting Lou Holtz. I don't like crazy men.

"Nothing is ever accomplished by a reasonable man."
- Bucy's Law

Geez, I didn't know there were this many opinions in the world, and this is one guy in one sitting. Prolific.

Just one question. If "recruiting-wise he's capable of anything" and "he can coach," what's the problem again?

Why? If I worked somewhere and gave a ton of my effort to a place, we left on good terms and two years later that place questioned my integrity, the integrity of the people closest to me and also downplayed my accomplishments. . . I wouldn't go there either.

You would?

No wouldn't get involved in any way. When I've left employers in the past I didn't even want to know what was going on there anymore. If a former colleague got fired I certainly won't trash the employer over it. I'd just say it wasn't any of my business and didn't know any of the internal details anyway. If I was impressed with the person's work I'd do what I could to help him get another job.

No wouldn't get involved in any way. When I've left employers in the past I didn't even want to know what was going on there anymore. If a former colleague got fired I certainly won't trash the employer over it. I'd just say it wasn't any of my business and didn't know any of the internal details anyway. If I was impressed with the person's work I'd do what I could to help him get another job.

He didn't get involved! He simply said he wasn't going back there. So if you worked at Target and the CEO of Target questioned your integrity to the public, you would still go to Target?

Internal details? What? He questioned Kill's integrity in public.

I'm sure Kill will do that. Claeys resume speaks for itself.

I'd be shocked if anyone who used to work at Target, left and was then trashed by the CEO of Target, would still shop there. I guess you would. Either way, it wasn't becoming involved. He was asked for an interview and he gave it.

Coyle got it done within the 10 working days. Makes me think he has a little black book of candidates. Now Coyle needs to convert this win into ticket sales. At all levels.

As far as the fat a33 from fulda is concerned, nobody listens to KSTP. And no one subscribes to the Star Tribune. Makes me wonder if he writes a column does anyone read it?

- Bucy's Law

Geez, I didn't know there were this many opinions in the world, and this is one guy in one sitting. Prolific.

Just one question. If "recruiting-wise he's capable of anything" and "he can coach," what's the problem again?

Think you have to follow the trail back. Holtz leaving is one of the reasons he feels it's best to stay cynical when it come to Gopher sports. Some posters here follow that same path.

- Bucy's Law

I took that as Pat's way of saying "Who knows?"

He didn't get involved! He simply said he wasn't going back there. So if you worked at Target and the CEO of Target questioned your integrity to the public, you would still go to Target?

Internal details? What? He questioned Kill's integrity in public.

I'm sure Kill will do that. Claeys resume speaks for itself.

I'd be shocked if anyone who used to work at Target, left and was then trashed by the CEO of Target, would still shop there. I guess you would. Either way, it wasn't becoming involved. He was asked for an interview and he gave it.

I guess I missed the comment (from Kaler?) on JK's integrity. Can you fill me in.

Think you have to follow the trail back. Holtz leaving is one of the reasons he feels it's best to stay cynical when it come to Gopher sports. Some posters here follow that same path.

I've always felt that hiring Holtz wasn't our mistake; hiring Gutey to replace him was.

I've always felt that hiring Holtz wasn't our mistake; hiring Gutey to replace him was.

We'll never know for sure but I think Caeys would have been another Gutey who would have lived off of the former head coach's success for a few years and then things would have headed south when the recruiting well went dry.

Yes, and if Fleck has enough success to parlay this job into a better one, I have no problem with him leaving if he successfully instilled a program culture that can be continued by a subsequent good hire.

Somebody's in a bad mood, and it's you smart ass. All I did is ask a simple question and all I get are your crap responses.

I directed you to the source of Coyle's comments, how is that a crap response?

Lots of hilarious Reusse nuggets when he was on with Mackey and Judd a few minutes ago:

• Another reason they got rid of Claeys is because he's a big fat ok guy, not a big fat lovable guy. No one wants to talk about this. The number one ism in this country is fatism, it's not racism or sexism.
l."

I give Reusse credit for saying this. Claeys sadly just didn't look like a coach of P5 program. He's a good coach, but these days you need to have a look to be a coach of P5 program. Meyer, Harbaugh, Dantonio have a look as coaches and that was one thing missing from Claeys. I feel bad for Claeys in a way. I hope he gets a good assistant job somewhere.

can we get a dedicated 'reusse is a disgusting slob' thread pinned to the top of the football forum?

A little off topic, but I think your old avatar was Lane Kiffin? Are you happier with Fleck or would you rather have had Lane?

Why does Reusse think us Gopher fans are crazier than other sports fans in this town? I would say Vikings fans are far more out there.

Fleck isn't stupid he didn't come into a program that is completely broken, and it doesn't lack the class or dignity Coyle may have insinuated.

He Fleck recognizes the foundation and hard work that Kill and Claeys and staff put into this program. How could he not, he saw first hand the effort it takes into building up and acquiring talent Kill had and how they evaluated talent. Yes money had a lot to do with it, but he also knows that good people and quality coaches already did a lot of hard work ahead of him taking this over.

A lot of the heavy lifting, the sweat equity rebuilding work and a ton of foundational work (becoming a student athlete) on the proper fundamental techniques have already been implemented. Hopefully he and the staff can find interesting and enjoyable ways to make that hard work and effort fun in practice.

I directed you to the source of Coyle's comments, how is that a crap response?

You said, "Go watch his press conference." Why on earth would I want to watch to some press conference from a week ago? That my friend is a crap response.

Just to be clear: I don't dislike JK. I'm just disappointed in his response to the Claeys firing. I wish him all the best at Rutgers.

Because I can't stand PA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's the worst. Don't know how you twin Cities folks have put up with him for so many years without driving your car off a cliff

Why does Reusse think us Gopher fans are crazier than other sports fans in this town? I would say Vikings fans are far more out there.

He says he's a regular reader of Gopher Hole. Maybe he checks out the Off Topic board too? ;)

Top Bottom