Reusse blog: Serious proposal for new U football rival

ng8tg3.jpg

That's the stupidest thing I've read since Katzenstein. That's all that really needs to be said.

Fat, used to be drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life.

I didn't read it. Let me guess: he found a new way to take a dump on the Gophers.

I mean this genuinely: I feel sorry for Reusse. It makes me sad that he has no other material.

Before I read it, I assumed he'd suggest that they play St. Thomas every year. He's probably saving that gem for the next time they get spanked.

In the future, I'd appreciate a synopsis of his BS so I don't have to give that idiot pageviews.

I don't really care when people rip on the Gophers, but that whole column is asinine on about 5 different levels. It's literally the kind of thing a 5 year old would suggest, and every adult in the room would pat him/her on the head and say 'that's not how it works, dear' and all share a little laugh at the cute, idiotic things children say.

For everyone else, he basically suggests the Gophers stop playing the badgers every year and create a brand-new 'rivalry' with Indiana, I guess because they also suck at football.

My favorite part of this suggestion is how Minnesota still leads the head-to-head series with Wisconsin despite the recent lopsided nature of the rivalry.

Australian actress Nicky Whelan. You may remember her as the blonde intern from the abomination that was the final season of Scrubs, or as the barista who gets topless for Owen Wilson in Hall Pass.

Luckily for all of us, she is one woman who doesn't mind showing her God-given talents off to the world.

Southoftheriver said:
Can Patrick vote for himself for Turkey of the Year?

Oh - that is a good one! He already has it won!

If you're not a Gopher fan, Reusse's argument has some merits.

Besides, I would like us to play IU every year too.

Australian actress Nicky Whelan. You may remember her as the blonde intern from the abomination that was the final season of Scrubs, or as the barista who gets topless for Owen Wilson in Hall Pass.

Luckily for all of us, she is one woman who doesn't mind showing her God-given talents off to the world.

Never seen either but I may have to check them out.

If you want success, and I do, this is a good idea (for IU as well).

Rip away but as we have heard, it is all about Big Ten Wins.

Finally figured out what happened to this guy. He made a trip to Mexico and was forced to be a heroin horse and bring back plastic bags of H stuffed up his ass. They forgot him and now those bags are bursting.

It would be good to have an "easier" team to play as our protected game each year (Iowa, for example, gets Purdue every year), but I am more interested in the University of Minnesota finding out why Wisconsin has become a "tough" team for them to beat. It's not like Wisconsin looked at Minnesota as some huge hurdle to their success when they started playing football in the 90's.

If you're not a Gopher fan, Reusse's argument has some merits.

Besides, I would like us to play IU every year too.

We ARE Gopher fans though, and we seem to be the ones the article was aimed at. And I don't think Gopher fans are the only ones who would disagree with such a scheme, as I would have to think Wisconsin fans would not be happy about breaking up our historic rivalry. Not to mention Wisconsin has shown by their non-conference schedule that they love playing inferior opponents, so the protected rivalry with Minnesota is a good deal for them as long as we're down (hopefully not much longer).

And while playing Indiana every year does sound appealing at this point, it won't be quite so much if/when Kill brings us back to respectability. At that point I think 99% of Gopher fans would be wondering why the hell we're playing Indiana every year instead of Wisconsin. Actually even now I think 99% of Gopher fans would be wondering that.

With this logic we should just move to the MAC so we have a better chance at winning conference championships. This is beyond stupid, you do not stop playing your rivals simply because they have had some recent success and you have not. Especially when you take a look at some of the recent final scores.

23-41 Them

28-31 Them

32-35 Them

2007 (1-11 year)
34-41 Them

No wins, but only one truly bad loss with a lot of competitive and entertaining games in between.

Hey Reusse, should Michigan stop playing Ohio State because they have not beaten them since 2003?

P.S. Please stop talking about college football.... You only end up embarrassing yourself.

We ARE Gopher fans though, and we seem to be the ones the article was aimed at. And I don't think Gopher fans are the only ones who would disagree with such a scheme, as I would have to think Wisconsin fans would not be happy about breaking up our historic rivalry. Not to mention Wisconsin has shown by their non-conference schedule that they love playing inferior opponents, so the protected rivalry with Minnesota is a good deal for them as long as we're down (hopefully not much longer).
Actually, when the Big 10 came out with their division plan, most Badger fans were pissed that the Iowa game wasn't the protected one and were more than willing to give up the Minnesota game to get Iowa.

roybean said:
Actually, when the Big 10 came out with their division plan, most Badger fans were pissed that the Iowa game wasn't the protected one and were more than willing to give up the Minnesota game to get Iowa.

Typical Badger fan who thinks 'most' is him, his buddy and some antlered road kill. The truth is that both Iowa and Wisconsin wanted to protect their most prized rivalry game with Minnesota and didn't care much about protecting the 6 year old Heartland Trophy game. The Axe and the Pig are 2 of college football's best trophy games, and you'd rather play for the cartoon bull?

I'm also sorry but not just Gopher fans want to see this continue. I'm not an Alabama or Auburn fan but that doesn't mean I'd want to see that matchup go away. I don't want to see the Pitt-WV game go away (one with less national significance and more similar to WI-MN). WI-MN is the most played rivalry in D1-FBS. That means something. It also means something to us that we are rivals with them in football, basketball, AND hockey. Despite our crappy teams of late we've actually been fairly competitive with Wisconsin head-to-head (see 2009, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2003). A bounce, blocked punt, lack of a couple safeties and we actually win those games.

Reusse is clearly trying to rile us (and yes, I mean US Gopherholers) up and it clearly is working. I WOULD like to play Indiana every year because they are a member of the B1G, but if I had to pick WI vs Indiana I'd take WI any day.

Top Bottom