Returning Playas for 2024-25

There's an "edit" feature, sport.
I know what you said. When I sent it it was right but when it showed up it wasn’t right. I guess I’m not perfect. You still haven’t said why you don’t like Grove, buddy.

I see you didn’t compile the list. I’m sorry for my second mistake.

It’s pretty clear Grove is a multi-year project. He’s the 9th ranked prospect in the State and Minnesota was his only major conference offer.

I know what you said. When I sent it it was right but when it showed up it wasn’t right. I guess I’m not perfect. You still haven’t said why you don’t like Grove, buddy.
One last time:
Grove isn't a B1G player next year. He has miles to go to improve enough to someday be usefull. This isn't a tough call.

We’ll see what happens. He was injured so I’m sure that affected his rating. I remember Dusty Rychart who was originally a walk-on and how good he turned out to be.

Grove will be leaps and bounds better than Treyton Thompson ever was. And we still have Betts on our roster, but we're knocking Grove? Grove will get into shape and surprise us a bit.

So here we are at this point:

Asuma
Hawkins
Mitchell
Christie
Betts
Grove
Garcia
Fox

5 Transfer Spots Available

I'm pessimistic on Ben, but this roster isn't that bad to build on.

*Pending further departures

Asuma
Hawkins
Mitchell
Christie
Betts
Grove
Garcia
Fox

Keinys in the portal?

Asuma
Hawkins
Mitchell
Christie
Betts
Grove
Garcia
Fox

Is there any basis for assuming Fox is coming back?

Apparently, players want playing time.

Encouraging to hear that he anticipates having Garcia and Christie back to go along with Hawkins and Mitchell. Hopefully those two don't wait until May 1st to declare their intentions for next season.

EDIT: Post appears to have been deleted

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240401_105546_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240401_105546_X.jpg
    763.4 KB · Views: 21

I think Garcia said before he planned on making a decision pretty quickly after the season so it's a good sign he hasn't entered the portal at this point.

Fox coming back would be an awesome piece to have as a 6th man. So if these recent reports are accurate roster is shaping up as:

Guards - Christie, Hawkins, Mitchell, Asuma
Frontcourt - Garcia, Fox, Betts, Grove

Need a couple capable centers to replace Payne, And if they can find a starting caliber wing this has potential to be a pretty good and very experienced roster. Especially if Christie takes another leap and becomes the star player it looks like he is capable of being.

Garcia and Christie coming back is vital for this team to have a realistic shot of being good in 24/25 without needing to land high end talent from the portal.

Fox coming back would be an awesome piece to have as a 6th man. So if these recent reports are accurate roster is shaping up as:

Guards - Christie, Hawkins, Mitchell, Asuma
Frontcourt - Garcia, Fox, Betts, Grove

Need a couple capable centers to replace Payne, And if they can find a starting caliber wing this has potential to be a pretty good and very experienced roster. Especially if Christie takes another leap and becomes the star player it looks like he is capable of being.

Garcia and Christie coming back is vital for this team to have a realistic shot of being good in 24/25 without needing to land high end talent from the portal.
Let’s go with the high end talent from the portal also.

The 4 starters returning is a massive bit of good news today. Would be nice to have Fox back but he's a guy I feel like you could replace if need be. Time to hit the portal hard, need 3-4 more good D1 players.

Also feels like we are due for a kid like Betts to just explode and be good. I'm sure there is someone but I really can't think of a guy who was here for multiple years doing nothing and then was out of the blue really good. Feels like that happens on other teams but not ours.

Top Bottom