Report: Daniel Oturu plans to enter NBA Draft

DanielHouse

Reaction score
Gophers center Daniel Oturu plans to enter the NBA Draft, according to ESPN. The sophomore big man averaged 20.1 points and 11.3 rebounds this season. Oturu also ranked No. 19 nationally with 76 total blocks. He quickly solidified himself as one of the most dynamic and efficient low-post players in college basketball.

Many current mock drafts have Oturu slotted in the first round of June's draft. If he is picked, Oturu would become the program's first NBA selection since Kris Humphries in 2004.

Last edited:

Of course he’ll enter, we’ll see if he remains in

Of course he’ll enter, we’ll see if he remains in
No harm in testing the waters, especially under the current rules in place for underclassman declaring for the draft.

we’ll see if he remains in
nocountry2.jpeg

No harm in testing the waters
Wow, you guys are serious.

Right now, I can tell you: the water is crystal clear and about 70 degrees, it's 85 degrees out and sunny, there are yachts and jetskis floating on the water, filled with topless models with giant tits.

He's not coming back from the water.

Wow, you guys are serious.

Right now, I can tell you: the water is crystal clear and about 70 degrees, it's 85 degrees out and sunny, there are yachts and jetskis floating on the water, filled with topless models with giant tits.

He's not coming back from the water.

Sure. And 175 guys declared last year from college. and many of them returned. I suspect he'll be gone, but this year will be weird for a lot of guys if there is no combine or workouts as some are projecting. If Oturu is going in the 30s (aka getting a 2nd round contract) on his projections he gets, he may very well come back. Dan sees himself as a first rounder, and if he doesn't make the grade you may see him change his tenor quite quickly. Again I suspect he's gone, but we shall see

Considering the NBA is probably done for the year, team revenue is going to crater with loss of TV revenue and attendance which means lower offers. Might consider waiting for next year, if there is one.

Once again, here is what most experts think about 2020 vs 2021

2020 vs 2021

Even with improvement of his game, he won't move up much. Take advantage of a weaker draft.

Considering the NBA is probably done for the year, team revenue is going to crater with loss of TV revenue and attendance which means lower offers. Might consider waiting for next year, if there is one.

Aren't first round draft choice salaries mandated by the CBA? I thought they chose that wage and price control mechanism years ago to suppress the wages of the incomers, which had the effect of enticing more guys to leave early so they would be ready to make the huge money on the second contract. I may be off, but I thought there was something like that that essentially dictated the first contract.

Top Bottom