Reid Travis Picks Stanford Over U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wherever he goes, I hope he succeeds. Smart and respectable young man.

Wherever he goes, I hope he succeeds. Smart and respectable young man.
+ 2 I'm hopeful he will be a Gopher. Seems like he's having a great summer. I'm a little scared of a Duke offer otherwise I like are chances.

GOAZCATS.com' Devin Ugland reports that Travis is planning to take an official visit to UCLA in late August.

Just found this interview at the LBJ Skills Academy on youtube. Sounds like he knows where he's going to take his 5 officials at. Also said that he plans on deciding in September, that's news to me as I can't remember if he ever said when he plans on deciding until now.

Jerry Meyer tweeted yesterday that Reid Travis had too much strength for Diamond Stone... Here's a link to Diamond Stone on ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/145063/diamond-stone

I'm going to go ahead and state what everyone already knows, Reid Travis is an absolute BEAST.

Reid has the body type that can get extremely strong while retaining his eligibility. If he played football, it'd be hard to tell if he'd end his career as a QB or a DT (he has such a perfect frame for holding muscle athletically).

Just found this interview at the LBJ Skills Academy on youtube. Sounds like he knows where he's going to take his 5 officials at. Also said that he plans on deciding in September, that's news to me as I can't remember if he ever said when he plans on deciding until now.

Thanks for posting. Definitely some new nuggets there with the timing of of the potential college decision, likely 4 remaining official visits, etc.

Go Gophers!!

Ugh, don't like how he named the 4 other schools then kind of threw us in there as the 5th school because we are the "home state" school. My optimism kind of took a hit after that interview.

The school that gets Reid will get a gem. Top notch kid in all aspects. U of M fits his needs. Big Ten athletic experience. Great academics.

Ugh, don't like how he named the 4 other schools then kind of threw us in there as the 5th school because we are the "home state" school. My optimism kind of took a hit after that interview.

What did you expect? He was talking about away schools first. Reading into things?

I kind of felt the same feeling. I'm still optimistic though that we have a chance of getting him. I really hope he picks the gophers as it could/would really jumpstart recruiting and the season.

Sounds to me like he eliminated football (with his 5 official basketball visits and decision by September).

He really sounds like a smart, grounded kid and he is going to choose the school that best fits him. Whichever school he chooses is darn lucky! Hoping it can be Minnesota though.

He really sounds like a smart, grounded kid and he is going to choose the school that best fits him. Whichever school he chooses is darn lucky! Hoping it can be Minnesota though.

Couldn't agree more! I would rather have Travis than Vaughn (would love to get both of course) just because Travis will be a 4 year guy (unless he grows a bit) that will be an absolute monster in college for his entire career... Where as Vaughn will be a 1 and done.

*I have dreams (Usually 2 or 3 times a week) about the potential recruiting class of Vaughn, Whitehead, Newton & Travis... would be incredible!!*

Couldn't agree more! I would rather have Travis than Vaughn (would love to get both of course) just because Travis will be a 4 year guy (unless he grows a bit) that will be an absolute monster in college for his entire career... Where as Vaughn will be a 1 and done.

*I have dreams (Usually 2 or 3 times a week) about the potential recruiting class of Vaughn, Whitehead, Newton & Travis... would be incredible!!*

I'd be happy with one of those 4.

I'm not too worried about it. If he's using an official visit on his home school, he's definitely still interested in us. I'd be more worried if he was saying that he doesn't need to use an official here because he's so close to campus like Vaughn and Jones have.

Also, when the interviewer asked if Gonzaga/Stanford/UCLA/MSU are "the main four schools", he made a point to throw us in there as well as a top contender. I like that.

Has there been much hype for Michigan State for him? Jw. Knew about Stanford and already visiting Gonzaga, but had no idea Alford at UCLA was in the mix. Crap.

I'm convinced that Alford has placed a tracking chip in Richard Pitino's luggage and is following him around the country to recruit all of the kids we're after.

I'm not too worried about it. If he's using an official visit on his home school, he's definitely still interested in us. I'd be more worried if he was saying that he doesn't need to use an official here because he's so close to campus like Vaughn and Jones have.

Also, when the interviewer asked if Gonzaga/Stanford/UCLA/MSU are "the main four schools", he made a point to throw us in there as well as a top contender. I like that.

I don't think Vaughn has said that, Tyus definitely has though.

I'm convinced that Alford has placed a tracking chip in Richard Pitino's luggage and is following him around the country to recruit all of the kids we're after.

That's what I was thinking. UCLA wasn't in on any of our targets until Alford got hired. What the hell.

I thought he had in an interview at some point, but I could be completely wrong. Hope you're right Madtown.

So of the Big 3 - Tyus and Rashad found players to package themselves with. I guess Reid needs to find a playmate now!

Sid with a "Travis Reid" reference:

Howard Pulley ended up going 2-3 at the Nike Peach Jam in South Carolina this past weekend. For the tournament, Jones averaged 21.6 points on 47 percent shooting to go along with 7.6 assists per contest. DeLaSalle standout Travis Reid averaged 22.8 points on 66 percent shooting with 6.8 rebounds per contest.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/215466221.html?page=2&c=y

Go Gophers!!

PiPress: Gophers recruiting: Reid Travis says he’ll visit UCLA at the end of August

“I’m just feeling it out,” Travis said after a Howard Pulley Pro-Am game in Eagan. “I might get to UCLA at the end of August for the first football game (Aug. 31 vs. Nevada). Other than that, I don’t have anything penciled in.”

But Travis still had plenty of time to get to know Minnesota’s new coach Richard Pitino, who replaced Tubby Smith in the spring. It’s hard to tell if the Gophers have a legitimate shot at Travis, but he definitely likes Pitino.

“It’s a great relationship,” Travis said. “Since the first day he got here, I started talking to him. My family likes him a lot. So I’m just interested in just keep getting to know him a lot better. I just started to learn his personality a lot better, how easy he is to talk to. How good of a coach he is. I’ve started to learn that.”

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers/2013/07/19/gophers-recruiting-reid-travis/

Go Gophers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom