Redshirt Benefits

DL65

Reaction score
I suspect it isn't even being considered, however, since it's been reported several times that MarQueis Gray appears to be struggling at the quarterback position, especially since the Gophers have dropped the spread formation, wouldn't it be beneficial for him to experience a redshirt year? It's rare that a quarterback or most first-year players not to redshirt and be afforded time to ajust to the college game. Weber and Alipate were redshirted when they arrived at the U. Gray had a year off after high school because of admittance-relaed issues, but he didn't enjoy the benefits of learning the system as a redshirt freshman. Maybe a redshirt year would do wonders for him in the long run.

Go Gophers!!

I suspect it isn't even being considered, however, since it's been reported several times that MarQueis Gray appears to be struggling at the quarterback position, especially since the Gophers have dropped the spread formation, wouldn't it be beneficial for him to experience a redshirt year? Maybe a redshirt year would do wonders for him in the long run.

Go Gophers!!

+1. I think it would do wonders for Gray to RS. I want three years with him as the starter. I wish Brew would consider this.

If anyone knows Brewster personally it would be great to hear his response to this suggestion.

The concern in that scenario is then Gray and Alipate are in the same class, which leads me to believe one would be transferring before too long.

After watching a couple of practices and the spring game I think that Gray will eventually be a Rec. could be possible NFL at that pos. but not at QB. Moses lookes raw and not ready, but in a yr or 2 I think will be our QB. Much more potential as under center, pro type QB. Gray has the ability to be a game breaker as a rec.?????? But we need him as a backup this yr. Weber will get the nod, but is NOT improved over last yr. Eyeballs and throws late.

Top Bottom