Reddit: If the Ohio State Indiana Game is Cancelled Next Week, Indiana will be in the Driver's Seat to Win the Big Ten East

Taji34

Reaction score
for full details, but the gist of it is as follows:

If the have their game canceled, and then both win out they will have the same record. The tie breaker rules are:
  1. Head to head (which we are assuming doesn't happen)
  2. Winning percentage (Both are 1.000 in this scenario)
  3. Record of non-division opponents. (OSU has played 0-2 Nebraska and has 0-3 Illinois. Indiana plays Purdue and Wisconsin, who will almost certainly have better records.)
If the dominoes fall in the right way, and it comes down to that 3rd tie breaker, Indiana may very well be 2020 B1G East champs.

This is my dream scenario. IU is the team I root for the most after the Gophers. Well, dream scenario is IU just beats OSU outright, but that seems unlikely. I would LOVE to see IU win the West.

This is my dream scenario. IU is the team I root for the most after the Gophers. Well, dream scenario is IU just beats OSU outright, but that seems unlikely. I would LOVE to see IU win the West.
If this happens, 2020 has turned out even more bizarre than it already has been. :p

Haven't they been out-recruiting us lately too?

Top Bottom